Thread: Call filter app

Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Call filter app

Quick question for anyone using the Verizon app to filter calls. I enabled the premium features on my account and use it on two diff phones. My iPhone has an app in the app store that I got so I could enable the settings I wanted. I have an Android pixel as the other phone but see no companion app in the play store. Is there one? Is it needed?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Pixel has built in call filter/blocking. At least My Pixel 2 XL does. Open the phone app go to settings then Caller ID and spam and toggle Caller ID and Spam to On and Filter Spam calls to On. You can also block numbers

Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    Pixel has built in call filter/blocking. At least My Pixel 2 XL does. Open the phone app go to settings then Caller ID and spam and toggle Caller ID and Spam to On and Filter Spam calls to On. You can also block numbers
    Thanks Jack, I know all that but just wanted to utilize Verizon’s feature since I was paying for it. I really got it for the iPhone anyway because their screening is pretty much non existent, pixel has such a good incoming call checker. I was hoping to get a better caller ID for the pixel on incoming spam calls. I work with people with addictions and it would be nice to see who’s calling before answering. The call screening feature scares people off. Discerning between spam,robo and real is tough and I was hoping the call filter would help. I swap between the two phones frequently. I guess the play store doesn’t think it’s a necessary feature is why it’s not there. As far as I know the pixel line is the only one with the call screening feature. The Hiya app works pretty well and I use it as well.
    Would be curious to hear from anyone with a pixel who uses Verizon’s call filter.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by motorcycle mama View Post
    Thanks for the link. It explains why I can’t find it in my play store. It says my device (Pixel 2)is not compatible with it. Might be because I’m running Android Q or because the pixel line doesn’t need it because of its call screening feature. At least now I know.

Device(s)
    Droid Turbo 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless (1994, GTE MobileNet)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by cbreze View Post
    Thanks for the link. It explains why I can’t find it in my play store. It says my device (Pixel 2)is not compatible with it. Might be because I’m running Android Q or because the pixel line doesn’t need it because of its call screening feature. At least now I know.
    Ditto for my Droid Turbo 2 (Android 7.0.1 Nougat). Instead, it has the Caller Name ID app, but when I get a call I get a Risk Assessment measure in addition to the name.