Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: Red Pocket Mobile​ Annual GSMA (AT&T) eBay Plans On Sale

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    1,848
    Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

    Red Pocket Mobile​ Annual GSMA (AT&T) eBay Plans On Sale

    RedPocket just posted these on Reddit
    100 minutes, 100 texts, 500MB LTE/mo $50 (reg $60) ebay.com/itm/133075397382
    1000 minutes, unlimited texts and 1 GB/mo $149 (reg $205) ebay.com/itm/133075388295
    Unlimited talk and text and 2 GB/mo $177 (reg $229) http://ebay.com/itm/133075400502
    Unlimited talk and text and 5 GB/mo $205 (reg $240) http://ebay.com/itm/133075394580

    New customers only, ends 6/14 at 8 AM PT or while supplies last

    Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/NoContract/...gb_lte_on_the/
    Compare prepaid plans from all operators at PrepaidCompare.net.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,632
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    That's some darn tootin' good savings, especially on the 2 mid-tier plans. And $50 a year for a back up phone on a decent network is phenomenal. Just over $4 a month - a good plan for light users too or someone who uses data texting apps in lieu of SMS.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    12,085
    Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeswap View Post
    RedPocket just posted these on Reddit
    100 minutes, 100 texts, 500MB LTE/mo $50 (reg $60) ebay.com/itm/133075397382
    1000 minutes, unlimited texts and 1 GB/mo $149 (reg $205) ebay.com/itm/133075388295
    Unlimited talk and text and 2 GB/mo $177 (reg $229) http://ebay.com/itm/133075400502
    Unlimited talk and text and 5 GB/mo $205 (reg $240) http://ebay.com/itm/133075394580

    New customers only, ends 6/14 at 8 AM PT or while supplies last

    Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/NoContract/...gb_lte_on_the/
    Those eBay listings are confusing. They ALL show more than just the AT&T network in the body of the listing.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,631
    Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    its about the same as if you applied the eBay 15% off coupon when those are issued

    but what does it mean new customers only? can;t apply to an existing account?

    someone called redpocketcs said that you have 90 days to apply the pin. that's also different than usual

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,001
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I need this for existing customers with 1 year to use.
    As a USA citizen I have the right to criticize my government. My thanks for this is endless in magnitude.

    Fascism is here led by a racist, godless, immoral, hypersensitive, crass, narcissist liar, psychopath committing High Treason against the USA.

    Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.19.20
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 06.03.19

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    261
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    What are the differences between Red Pocket AT&T and Cricket? Does Red Pocket throttle speed like Cricket?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Chantilly, VA
    Posts
    925
    Device(s)
    Moto G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by grayson73 View Post
    What are the differences between Red Pocket AT&T and Cricket? Does Red Pocket throttle speed like Cricket?
    Red Pocket does not throttle speeds, I have seen up to 80 mbps--No VoLTE with Red Pocket--Call Forwarding may or may not work. Not sure why but it doesn't work on my phone. Not sure if it is phone or sim specific?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,631
    Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    plus if you have an iphone, cricket might be a better choice because of issues with mms

    android phones don't have issues on gsma

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,631
    Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    someone on that reddit thread chatted with customer service and they told them this could be used as a renewal pin

    i wonder what the difference is with this listing-its $240(the normal price)

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/20-Mo-Red-P...75.c100623.m-1

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    65
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I decided to chat with Red Pocket, and here is the transcript. I still bought one, because I think it is unlikely they can prevent the PIN from being used by an existing customer:

    CS James 15:42
    Thank you for holding
    I have checked and it is for new customers
    New customer GSMA special - Ultimate Plan - 360 Days
    Visitor 15:42
    I see that. I have a CDMAV red pocket plan now. Would I qualify as a new GSMA customer if I purchase it?

    CS James 15:44
    This will be for a new number activation
    it will not work on current Red Pocket customers

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,001
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by MRothaus View Post
    I decided to chat with Red Pocket, and here is the transcript. I still bought one, because I think it is unlikely they can prevent the PIN from being used by an existing customer:

    CS James 15:42
    Thank you for holding
    I have checked and it is for new customers
    New customer GSMA special - Ultimate Plan - 360 Days
    Visitor 15:42
    I see that. I have a CDMAV red pocket plan now. Would I qualify as a new GSMA customer if I purchase it?

    CS James 15:44
    This will be for a new number activation
    it will not work on current Red Pocket customers
    How many months till you'll try this?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    65
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    It is for a phone that is on a plan that expires the end of this month, so I'll be using it around June 30th.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Way Out West
    Posts
    20
    Device(s)
    E4x2/Volt1/TributeHD/OTElevate/F6,etc.
    Carrier(s)
    RP/Tello/FP
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Just try to renew before the Paypal dispute expires ... remember if they have to refund you ... you get full refund and they eat the Ebay fee.

    Understand their desire to quick grab new ATT lines cause they want it to better negotiate with ATT together with the FPop new asset. So their rep will tell you what they want you to do.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    801
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    1. How much of a difference in price is it between Red Pocket's annual prepaid plan (on standard non-promotional pricing) versus their month-to-month plan (with the same bucket allotments)?

    2. How often does Red Pocket offer promotional discount pricing as described in the OP? How deep is the discount, usually, compared to their standard pricing?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    12,085
    Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by josephf View Post
    1. How much of a difference in price is it between Red Pocket's annual prepaid plan (on standard non-promotional pricing) versus their month-to-month plan (with the same bucket allotments)?

    2. How often does Red Pocket offer promotional discount pricing as described in the OP? How deep is the discount, usually, compared to their standard pricing?
    1.Not much in most cases, unless the 360 day plans are on sale on eBay or there's an eBay coupon. You should check for yourself! It's really easy!
    https://www.redpocket.com/plans
    https://www.redpocket.com/plans/ebay

    2. It all depends on what RP management decides to do. Compare past sale prices that you see talked about on this forum to the standard pricing!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Google Voice conditional forwarding to Red Pocket Mobile AT&T
    By Tuxdude in forum General Prepaid discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-23-2017, 01:59 PM
  2. New MVNO: Red Pocket Mobile
    By AdmiralAK in forum General Prepaid discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-03-2014, 04:18 AM
  3. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 07-26-2012, 01:14 PM
  4. Red Pocket Mobile Coverage
    By Tanus in forum General Prepaid discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-11-2009, 08:19 PM
  5. Where to get Red Pocket Mobile SIM in New York?
    By PhotoJim in forum General Prepaid discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-17-2008, 09:08 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks