Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast

Thread: FreedomPop has been sold to Red Pocket

Feedback Score
    FP AT&T side users are still wtf is the plan?
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.19.20
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 10.05.19

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by greenhandle View Post
    ... The phone does not need to even work, as long as the ESN/MEID is clear for activation.
    For example, search for ZTE AWE phones: I've seen several listed on ebay, in broken condition, with MEID's pictured that you can test on Ting's BYOD checker before purchase. I've confirmed that 3 current listings under $5, including shipping, should activate fine. (The ZTE AWE isn't anything special-- but it's 3G only, and usually available cheap as a result.)
    Technically, Sprint disabled activation of 3G only phones starting from April/May 2019.

https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/spr...april-30-2019/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RFK View Post
    Technically, Sprint disabled activation of 3G only phones starting from April/May 2019.

https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/spr...april-30-2019/
    Agreed. The ZTE AWE is a strange case. I checked my collectionj of 3G-only Sprint devices when that policy was put in place, and the AWE failed an activation check at that time, by my notes. But for some reason, the 2 I have here now clear again, even though the Ting checker clearly knows that it's 3G only. Checking several ZTE AWE MEIDs from other sources shows the same results. I don't know why.

I will note that I haven't actually activated one in the last 6 months, so it's possible that there would be issues that don't show up until attempted. As a temporary placeholder, whether it goes through hands-free-activation successfully or not should be irrelevant, and long as it's accepted for use.

Feedback Score
    The $2.99 plan now includes only 200MB of data. I had signed up thinking it was 500MB, but only 200MB showed up in my account. A RP rep "fixed" my account, and 500MB showed up for the remainder of my first month. When the plan renewed, my email receipt showed 500MB, but my account only shows 200MB.
    They did the exact same thing to me.

It's not a huge deal for me.
    Me either. 500MB would have given me a bit more flexibility, but for $3.01 per month with REAL cell minutes and texts (vs. FP's voip-based minutes and texts) at least I have a phone I can use reliably ... with the default dialer and messaging apps rather than a special app like FP requires. I'll just leave my data switched off until I actually need it for something, then I may never miss the 300MB they took away.

Carrier(s)
    LycaMobile, FtreedomPop, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    [email protected]#$% - RP just sent me a receipt for another month, still says 500MB but only got 200MB. Is it really that hard to fix their system so that they don't look like just another loser MVNO?

Device(s)
    Moto G6
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket Verizon prepaid monthly
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadRanger View Post
    [email protected]#$% - RP just sent me a receipt for another month, still says 500MB but only got 200MB. Is it really that hard to fix their system so that they don't look like just another loser MVNO?
    As I've posted elsewhere on HoFo, I've been trying to get two phones on their Family Plan properly since December 2018.

There have been a number of escalated support tickets, which resulted in at least I get billed automatically every month, and both phones stay active. But, presently, they are undercharging me, and after three months of alerting them, I've given up on trying to dialog with them for now.

There is no direct connection between the ad copy on their web pages and the actual billing operations.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by owkaye View Post
    I think that uncertainty has been resolved with regard to the $2.99 FP/Sprint-to-RP conversion plan which seems to be fixed at 200/500/200 now. I hadn't heard of any other Red Pocket plans with pricing uncertainties. Are there any?

Except that the $39.99 FP AT&T LTE plan you bought on eBay gives you 1 GB of data for 1/3 this rate -- only $3.33 per month. This seems like it may be the best LTE data rate available at this time, even if the plan did not also come with unlimited T&T via the FP app. Or are there cheaper LTE data rates on the market today?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FreedomPop-...t/192530921373
    OMG, how did I not know about this...I just bought and activated two $60 redpocket plans for me and wife Can't believe this isn't on Slickdeals.

EDIT: nevermind, that one seems like VOIP?
    Last edited by whenry83; 10-10-2019 at 06:11 PM.

Device(s)
    iPhone X 256GB, iPad Pro 11" 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, Unreal Mobile, Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whenry83 View Post
    OMG, how did I not know about this...I just bought and activated two $60 redpocket plans for me and wife Can't believe this isn't on Slickdeals.

EDIT: nevermind, that one seems like VOIP?
    Yep - FreedomPop and Unreal Mobile are both VOIP solutions for now. After Red Pocket picked up the GSM customers they were saying accounts would be switched to standard cellular calling accounts but there are plenty who are still waiting...

--Kidd
    Hear me on Twitter: @alexkidd1 / On YouTube: @AlexKidd4Fun

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    FP AT&T side users are still wtf is the plan?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexKidd1977 View Post
    Yep - FreedomPop and Unreal Mobile are both VOIP solutions for now. After Red Pocket picked up the GSM customers they were saying accounts would be switched to standard cellular calling accounts but there are plenty who are still waiting...

--Kidd
    Just empty promises at this point. I was so excited when they announced native voice and text would be coming to the ATT plans and it never did...
    Really disappointed in them

Device(s)
    iPhone X 256GB, iPad Pro 11" 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, Unreal Mobile, Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gtmaster303 View Post
    Just empty promises at this point. I was so excited when they announced native voice and text would be coming to the ATT plans and it never did...
    Really disappointed in them
    Red Pocket has some fairly decent plan options - you might consider transferring to a Red Pocket plan directly and you'll be native cellular then.

--Kidd

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexKidd1977 View Post
    Red Pocket has some fairly decent plan options - you might consider transferring to a Red Pocket plan directly and you'll be native cellular then.

--Kidd
    If I want an equivalent native voice plan the closest I can get with 1gb data is at least $14 a month, which is nearly three times more expensive than the annual 1gb plan at FP ($50)
    It's annoying how no one else can compete with FP on price, which is why I want Redpocket to keep their word.
    These annual plans are already very cheap from FP, but adding native voice would make them unbeatable

If I ever need the native voice, I'd rather go for the 1gb plan from Tello for $10 a month. Still more expensive than what I have now, but it's still less than RP

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gtmaster303 View Post
    If I want an equivalent native voice plan the closest I can get with 1gb data is at least $14 a month, which is nearly three times more expensive than the annual 1gb plan at FP ($50)
    It's annoying how no one else can compete with FP on price, which is why I want Redpocket to keep their word.
    These annual plans are already very cheap from FP, but adding native voice would make them unbeatable

If I ever need the native voice, I'd rather go for the 1gb plan from Tello for $10 a month. Still more expensive than what I have now, but it's still less than RP
    Is the FP VoIP calling not working well for you?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Is the FP VoIP calling not working well for you?
    It works ok, a little miss every so often. I would much prefer the native voice because it's more reliable

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Experiencing some fp weirdness.

Unable to get an lte connection with a device (s7 edge in sig) that's quite capable of att lte. Tried a cricket sim in the phone which worked just fine.

Was able to get lte with the fp sims on a moto e2 xt1526.

The lack of lte was the same regardless which fp sim I tried (tried several). If I didn't know better I'd say there's some kind of block going on. The phone has a clean imei, not reported lost/stolen/etc. Still, the fact that the cricket sim works just fine is really baffling.

HSPA+ still works, somewhat reasonable speeds (~11mbps down, 2mbps up).

Device(s)
    OnePlus 5, Nexus 5X , Jelly Pro
    Carrier(s)
    MintSIM, FreedomPop, AT&T, Tracfone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Did anybody see this new real voice plan?

Got an email for it today. Links to an old account, but will post real link if I can find it.
    Name:  Screenshot_20191022-163102.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  41.1 KB

Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast