Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Thread: FreedomPop has been sold to Red Pocket

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by agalvan View Post
    For FreedomPop Sprint customers, this was posted not too long ago from FreedomPop:

Source: https://forums.freedompop.com/us/dis...se-read#latest
    which is now unviewable.

I'm guessing that Ting had some objections to Red Pocket trying to lure back the customers Ting had just bought from - Red Pocket.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5, Nexus 6P, Boost Mobile ZTE Speed, Moto G5 Plus, Moto X4, Moto G Stylus(2020), iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    AirTalk(T), Tello(T), SafeLink(T), FreedomPop(S,A,T), Google Fi(T)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brg View Post
    I got that email today on a Sprint-network FP email account

=BUT= it just so happens that today is the renewal date for two of my FP accounts: one on the Sprint network, and one on the AT network. BOTH, on log-in, displays a "Alert: Account suspended due to billing issue. Click here to update your credit card or change payment method." banner.

There is of course no billing issue at my end with respect to either account. For grins I updated the billing info on the ATT account to something current. It gave me a "success" banner under the "Alert" banner, but on screen refresh the "success" banner" went away and the "Alert" banner remained.
    Every FreedomPop account will have "Alert: Account suspended due to billing issue. Click here to update your credit card or change payment method." banner for first few hours at the beginning of each billing cycle. The banner will disappear after few hours without having customer done anything unless there is indeed a billing issue.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hoktrillian View Post
    Every FreedomPop account will have "Alert: Account suspended due to billing issue. Click here to update your credit card or change payment method." banner for first few hours at the beginning of each billing cycle. The banner will disappear after few hours without having customer done anything unless there is indeed a billing issue.
    Thanks for that information. I have definitely viewed my accounts before on the day of renewal, but never previously saw the banner. I must have timed it differently before. And I certainly am looking at the accounts more often during this transitional period...

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a XL; Moto E4; LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    Google Voice; T-Mobile Postpaid Mobile Data; FreedomPop; FreeUp; Dent; 3UK
    Feedback Score
    So...I can't seem to see the following info anymore. Did Ting rescind their offer?

ting.com/mobile/freedompop

"On Ting Mobile, you can choose from a couple of exclusive offers: $20 for 20GB for unlimited talk, text and 20GB of LTE data or $6 for unlimited talk and text + $4 per GB of LTE data. $20 for 20GB also comes with the first month free, you only pay taxes and government / regulatory fees."

"Our unprecedented $20 for 20GB and $6+ $4 per GB offers are guaranteed through 2019. In 2020, you’ll automatically be moved over to Ting’s great pay for what you use rates."

More importantly, the next time my daughter crosses the border from Canada, will her FP Sprint ZTE Prestige 2 phone still work? It was still working as of Sunday, 7/7/19.

The information provided by Ting regarding this transition has not been very good.

Feedback Score
    >Did Ting rescind their offer?

They just hid the page, obviously because there's no announcement yet. Note the link is redirected to the home page instead of giving a 404 error.

>will her FP Sprint ZTE Prestige 2 phone still work?

Depends on the date. I'd expect a month's grace from the announcement to when it stops working. And if you sign up for whatever plan, you get a month free, so 2 months. You can cancel at the end of the free month.

>The information from Ting regarding this transition has not been good.

It's been fine. Ting hasn't announced anything, and your phone still works. You're letting leaks and rumors worry you.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3 XL, iPhone SE, OnePlus Nord N200
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by e.mote View Post
    >Did Ting rescind their offer?

They just hid the page, obviously because there's no announcement yet. Note the link is redirected to the home page instead of giving a 404 error.

>will her FP Sprint ZTE Prestige 2 phone still work?

Depends on the date. I'd expect a month's grace from the announcement to when it stops working. And if you sign up for whatever plan, you get a month free, so 2 months. You can cancel at the end of the free month.

>The information from Ting regarding this transition has not been good.

It's been fine. Ting hasn't announced anything, and your phone still works. You're letting leaks and rumors worry you.
    Ting posted a new help page article https://help.ting.com/hc/en-us/articles/360026236954 in which they say the migration hasn't started yet. They're "aiming" to start it in the "middle of this month" and say that they can't provide any support until accounts are migrated.

On the other hand, many FP customers have received emails and texts saying "Your device is in the process of being migrated to a fully native experience with the same plan you have today". Has the migration started or not?

Maybe there are two separate migrations.

1. Porting the phone number from FreedomPop's VoIP provider to a Sprint number. That's why a profile update is needed to attach the number to previously data-only Sprint account.
    2. Transferring the account from FreedomPop to Ting.

I guess that makes sense but the communication to users by both FreedomPop and Ting is cryptic, incomplete and confusing. Calling both steps "migrations" without mentioning that it's a two step process is a recipe for customer confusion.
    Find and compare prepaid plans at https://prepaidcompare.net

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a XL; Moto E4; LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    Google Voice; T-Mobile Postpaid Mobile Data; FreedomPop; FreeUp; Dent; 3UK
    Feedback Score
    Thanks, Yeswap. That's what I mean. The email from FP said it was happening, but apparently it didn't yet.

Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto G6, Moto E5 Play, LG Classic Flip
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, FreeUp,Tello, T-Mo Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I got the email for one of my FP sprint phones and did the profile update. It's great to have free talk & text on the native cell service. Too bad it won't last when Ting takes over. It looks like they won't keep the free option

Sent from my LGLS676 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeswap View Post
    Ting posted a new help page article https://help.ting.com/hc/en-us/articles/360026236954 in which they say the migration hasn't started yet. They're "aiming" to start it in the "middle of this month" and say that they can't provide any support until accounts are migrated.

On the other hand, many FP customers have received emails and texts saying "Your device is in the process of being migrated to a fully native experience with the same plan you have today". Has the migration started or not?
    I don't have any FP phones on the Sprint network, but I do have an old Netgear Mingle hotspot on Sprint. Any news on what happens to those devices?

It is acting kind of flaky and I hardly ever use it any more. I wonder if I should cut it off now or wait until the migration to cut it off?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tmodlou View Post
    I don't have any FP phones on the Sprint network, but I do have an old Netgear Mingle hotspot on Sprint. Any news on what happens to those devices?

It is acting kind of flaky and I hardly ever use it any more. I wonder if I should cut it off now or wait until the migration to cut it off?
    Either way will work.

If you do not cancel it now, there is no reason to think it will not be migrated next week just like all other CDMA devices.

Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto G6, Moto E5 Play, LG Classic Flip
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, FreeUp,Tello, T-Mo Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    One thing I don't remember seeing here is that Ting's press release said they purchased "a selection" of FP's Sprint customers, which amounted to 150,000 customers, 100,000 of which are on the free plan. That sounds as if they didn't purchase all of FP's Sprint customers. I know I have multiple accounts and only one of them has received any sort of communication about the transfer. If it is correct that they are not taking all of the FP Sprint accounts, I wonder what will happen to the ones not transferred to Ting.

For me the only relevant fact in the transfer is that Ting will not continue the freemium model, and I have no plans to use their paid service.
    Looks like I will be canceling a lot of accounts and email aliases pretty soon.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by millept View Post
    One thing I don't remember seeing here is that Ting's press release said they purchased "a selection" of FP's Sprint customers, which amounted to 150,000 customers, 100,000 of which are on the free plan. That sounds as if they didn't purchase all of FP's Sprint customers. I know I have multiple accounts and only one of them has received any sort of communication about the transfer. If it is correct that they are not taking all of the FP Sprint accounts, I wonder what will happen to the ones not transferred to Ting.

For me the only relevant fact in the transfer is that Ting will not continue the freemium model, and I have no plans to use their paid service.
    Looks like I will be canceling a lot of accounts and email aliases pretty soon.
    I think they get all of them but realize that only some will actually use Ting (wording below).

On May 31, 2019 Tucows Inc., (the “Company”), through its wholly-owned subsidiary Ting, Inc. (“Ting”), reached an agreement with STS Media Inc., (“STS Media), an MVNO operator doing business as Freedom Pop and Unreal Mobile brands, to acquire approximately 150,000 mobile subscribers currently on the Sprint network for a purchase price of up to $3.6 million. Upon migration, these subscribers will have the option to accept the Ting offering or cancel or port their service elsewhere. As a result, the actual number subscribers that continue their service with Ting is expected to be a portion of the initial acquired subscriber base. The number of subscribers opting to continue their service with Ting will depend, in large part, on the percentage of the approximately 100,000 STS Media customers on free service plans who elect to move to paid plans under the current Ting service plan offerings. The Company expects the average cost per customer acquired through this transaction to be consistent with that of other MVNO customer bases previously acquired by Ting and that of customers acquired organically through the Company’s marketing activities.
    The transaction is solely for STS Media subscribers on the Sprint network. The transaction does not include any other exchange of assets, liabilities, operations or obligations, and is effective May 31, 2019.
    Last edited by comintel; 07-14-2019 at 01:49 AM.

Feedback Score
    I see that the migration site at https://ting.com/mobile/freedompop is up.

It is the same two offers.

Some of my numbers are ready and some show that they are still "crunching the numbers."

Ting says it will only work if your account has received the email from them. They are doing it in waves.

You can choose to port out immediately or cancel without paying anything.
    Last edited by comintel; 07-16-2019 at 04:48 PM.

Feedback Score
    I'll be curious to see what happens if one does nothing at all.

I'd earlier gotten the "Your device is in the process of being migrated" email, and I just noticed that, two days ago, I'd received a "FreedomPOP Service Notification" text stating "URGENT: Your network has been updated." Native calls work fine. I did not do a PRL or similar update at my end.

I'll stay tuned to see what communications are pushed to me if I don't sign-up at the migration site.

Device(s)
    Motorolla Q9c, Droid 1 (2009), Alcatel Elevate (2016)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    So...I can't seem to see the following info anymore. Did Ting rescind their offer?

ting.com/mobile/freedompop

"On Ting Mobile, you can choose from a couple of exclusive offers: $20 for 20GB for unlimited talk, text and 20GB of LTE data or $6 for unlimited talk and text + $4 per GB of LTE data. $20 for 20GB also comes with the first month free, you only pay taxes and government / regulatory fees."

"Our unprecedented $20 for 20GB and $6+ $4 per GB offers are guaranteed through 2019. In 2020, you’ll automatically be moved over to Ting’s great pay for what you use rates."

More importantly, the next time my daughter crosses the border from Canada, will her FP Sprint ZTE Prestige 2 phone still work? It was still working as of Sunday, 7/7/19.

The information provided by Ting regarding this transition has not been very good.
    yeah, got that offer today.

i want to be sure i can tether with the 20gigs plan to replace my home internet before i switch over.
    one of my sprint phones has native tethering, and the other doesnt.
    but since freedompop doesnt allow tethering (unless you pay for it), the native tethering is useless.

and since i dont want/scared to root, i'm using OpenChameleonNode to tether via USB.
    the 7day trial version allows me to usb tether on both of my phones.

Want to see if it works with Ting. (and/or if the paid version of the app works as it hasnt been updated since 2016 and looks abandoned by the author.)
    heck, want to see if native tethering will work with ting.

Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast