Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: New New Wal-Mart Promo? 25GB for $40/mo with Autopay

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ecs0013 View Post
    Thanks for the information - about how long after activating service did you port your existing number and how long did you keep the SIMs in the Alcatel phones? I suspect even if the IMEI changes on the account, the promo will stick around since most people could reasonably understand switching to a new phone or replacing a broken one. I suspect to keep VoLTE, you'd either need to SIM swap to an officially supported VoLTE phone or hope the IMEIs don't update, right?
    I ported the numbers immediately after activation. I did leave the SIM cards in the Alcatel phones overnight, just because it was late by the time I finished everything. But in the end, they were only in for less than 12 hours.

I too assume that people would be able to switch phones reasonably in the future and the promo would stay, but I don't honestly know for sure.

I assumed since the SIM was in an official supported phone, VoLTE would work in the OnePlus automatically, but it didn't. I don't know if it registered the OnePlus IMEI with ATT somehow. Anyway, the only way I could get it to work, was to go in the online ATT prepaid portal and update my device IMEI to the Alcatel phone. As I mentioned, I 've restarted the OnePlus multiple times and still have VoLTE. I'm not sure what would happen if I remove the SIM and reinserted.

Feedback Score

New New Wal-Mart Promo? 25GB for $40/mo with Autopay

Quote Originally Posted by Pomgup View Post
    @vartanarsen:
    You have repeatedly posted your conspiracy theory, which alleges that the bonus data is deprioritized. Meanwhile, you have posted absolutely no evidence that would support that allegation -- absolutely nothing from the offer, the disclaimers, the TOS, the OLAM, etc.
    The 2 buckets of data are clearly seperated in your account page so you know when and what bucket you're in. Place near my work with high congestion during rush hour, I get very very slow in my promo bucket. When I get into my main plan bucket, no problem in that congested area...I知 prioritized as high as post paid

Sent from my iPad using HoFo

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10+, iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    ATT, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vartanarsen View Post
    The 2 buckets of data are clearly seperated in your account page so you know when and what bucket you're in. Place near my work with high congestion during rush hour, I get very very slow in my promo bucket. When I get into my main plan bucket, no problem in that congested area...I知 prioritized as high as post paid

Yup just as I suspected. It says so right on the Wal-Mart website for this plan: https://imgur.com/a/9tgAvOz Specifically mentioning the 25GB plan.

Feedback Score
    The 2 buckets of data are clearly seperated in your account page so you know when and what bucket you're in. Place near my work with high congestion during rush hour, I get very very slow in my promo bucket. When I get into my main plan bucket, no problem in that congested area...I’m prioritized as high as post paid
    How do you know this already? You used over 17GB since the promo began?

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10+, iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    ATT, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xiton View Post
    Probably because this is basically the same as all the other Promo data offers they've had. Starts at 8GB and then has a bonus bucket.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBoxieZ View Post
    Yup just as I suspected. It says so right on the Wal-Mart website for this plan: https://imgur.com/a/9tgAvOz Specifically mentioning the 25GB plan.
    Please post the URL for the original web page that contains the original text that you are implying is copied in that Imgur image.

Feedback Score
    ATT does not guarantee data speeds for postpaid or prepaid customers. Indeed, ATT has the following disclaimer on its website:

"In no case does AT&T guarantee particular minimum speeds for its mass market mobile broadband internet access services."

And I suspect all of the other carriers have essentially the same disclaimer.

The quote above is from this ATT web page:

https://about.att.com/sites/broadband/performance

Feedback Score
    ATT does not guarantee data speeds for postpaid or prepaid customers. Indeed, ATT has the following disclaimer on its website:

"In no case does AT&T guarantee particular minimum speeds for its mass market mobile broadband internet access services."

And I suspect all of the other carriers have essentially the same disclaimer.

The quote above is from this ATT web page:

https://about.att.com/sites/broadband/performance
    But that is different than what he is citing. And "periods of congestion" implicitly means you're gonna be slowed down by the nature of how the service works anyway. AT&T is pretty evasive on who gets what level of service when that happens.

I don't have the same experience from the 8G plan, the promo bucket is just as fast. Unfortunately, the only way he can definitively prove his claim is to be able to bounce between the data buckets and no one can do that. The only other test is perhaps promo bucket vs a postpaid or other non-promo plan.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vartanarsen View Post

What kind of speeds are you getting when deprioritized. I was on ATT postpaid a month ago and I noticed slow speeds a lot over the past few months before I switched to Verizon prepaid a month ago? Do you have a postpaid customer to compare speeds during congestion?

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xiton View Post
    I知 talking about the 8+8....

Feedback Score

New New Wal-Mart Promo? 25GB for $40/mo with Autopay

Quote Originally Posted by cellbot414 View Post
    What kind of speeds are you getting when deprioritized. I was on ATT postpaid a month ago and I noticed slow speeds a lot over the past few months before I switched to Verizon prepaid a month ago? Do you have a postpaid customer to compare speeds during congestion?

Crawled to 2g but after a minute move to another area or so it値l jump up

Device(s)
    GN9 & LG V40
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, TMobile, ATT
    Feedback Score
    I haven't got the bonus data yet and yesterday I was getting 3-4Mbps in the afternoon from like 3-6pm but last night in the same location I was over 25Mbps with 3 different tests using both speedtest.net and fast.com so I'm guessing that could be deprioritization?

Feedback Score
    Or the network was just congested

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellbot414 View Post
    Or the network was just congested
    How boring of you to explain it in a simple, logical and sane way. It's much more fun to develop a conspiracy theory, such as deprioritization or invaders from Mars or whatever.

Feedback Score
    How boring of you to explain it in a simple, logical and sane way. It's much more fun to develop a conspiracy theory, such as deprioritization or invaders from Mars or whatever.
    Lol ikr

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast