Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread: New New Wal-Mart Promo? 25GB for $40/mo with Autopay

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishx65 View Post
    I'm in the same boat with a $50.00 Cricket card. Not crazy about Ebay these days but I might throw it on there for $40.00. I think you can just email them the card number after they hit your Paypal.
    Just have to be wary of buyers with low feedback

Device(s)
    iPhone Xr
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid, Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Trying to jump back to ATT from a month on VZ for this one and worry I’m in for some “fun”.

Bought phone online for store pickup. Activation seemed to go through but the phone just shows signal w/o carrier logo or data connection. Calls don’t work, nor does text or data. WiFi calling works, and oddly enough the phone works in very specific areas (maybe somehow tower related, but it really isn’t a coverage or antenna issue because it is hyper-localized and I had several flavors of ATT over 10 years here without this kind of issue).

Phone support had me get a new sim, but same issue. Another hour phone support call with no resolution except a “ticket created” with promise to resolve within 24 hrs.

Thinking device issue, but now worried about not getting promo after the new SIM and possibly phone exchange (now that my new line is already created and funded on the non working phone).

Maybe I’ll end up returning and disputing the charge and sticking with VZ. This has been and seems like it is going to be a major pain.

Buckle up.

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nord0296 View Post
    Trying to jump back to ATT from a month on VZ for this one and worry I’m in for some “fun”.

Bought phone online for store pickup. Activation seemed to go through but the phone just shows signal w/o carrier logo or data connection. Calls don’t work, nor does text or data. WiFi calling works, and oddly enough the phone works in very specific areas (maybe somehow tower related, but it really isn’t a coverage or antenna issue because it is hyper-localized and I had several flavors of ATT over 10 years here without this kind of issue).

Phone support had me get a new sim, but same issue. Another hour phone support call with no resolution except a “ticket created” with promise to resolve within 24 hrs.

Thinking device issue, but now worried about not getting promo after the new SIM and possibly phone exchange (now that my new line is already created and funded on the non working phone).

Maybe I’ll end up returning and disputing the charge and sticking with VZ. This has been and seems like it is going to be a major pain.

Buckle up.
    Thats my situation. Thought it was coverage issue in my apartment . Used the sim that came with the Cingular Flip 2 in my s10+. Returned flip to Walmart but no money back on the $40 paid for service. Still have two weeks left overlapping with my Verizon which I just renewed

Device(s)
    iPhone Xr
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid, Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Bummer about your apartment coverage though. I assume yours was actually showing no signal bars or no service? Mine still shows 3-4 bars, even all 5 at times, with no carrier logo or network functionality (so no calling, sms, or data).

In my case I haven’t had the “guts” to swap it into my Xr yet (fear it would mess up promo) but I had ATT prepaid for almost 2 yrs in this home and area with really no coverage issues, something weird going on yet.

My wife has been on Cricket for the same amount of time with no complaints about coverage here.

Reason leaving VZ: traveled briefly to El Paso and felt I was deprioritized so badly my data just didn’t work. Strong signal but speed tests failed or showed close to 56kbps download. Home market VZ has seemed fine, probably slightly weaker signal at home but slightly better at work. Coverage is so use case dependent.

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Bummer about your apartment coverage though. I assume yours was actually showing no signal bars or no service? Mine still shows 3-4 bars, even all 5 at times, with no carrier logo or network functionality (so no calling, sms, or data).

In my case I haven’t had the “guts” to swap it into my Xr yet (fear it would mess up promo) but I had ATT prepaid for almost 2 yrs in this home and area with really no coverage issues, something weird going on yet.

My wife has been on Cricket for the same amount of time with no complaints about coverage here.

Reason leaving VZ: traveled briefly to El Paso and felt I was deprioritized so badly my data just didn’t work. Strong signal but speed tests failed or showed close to 56kbps download. Home market VZ has seemed fine, probably slightly weaker signal at home but slightly better at work. Coverage is so use case dependent.

Speedtest usually fails at mosts spots in my apartment or takes really long with ATT because it cant find server

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score

Buckle up.
    What phone are you using? The ATT prepaid phones are 100% junk. My daughter used the Alcatel for about week and it got to where she couldn’t hear anything - I took it back. The Cingular flip phone had reception trouble - thinking bad antenna.

Device(s)
    iPhone Xr
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid, Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by glowblue View Post
    What phone are you using? The ATT prepaid phones are 100% junk. My daughter used the Alcatel for about week and it got to where she couldn’t hear anything - I took it back. The Cingular flip phone had reception trouble - thinking bad antenna.
    LG Phoenix 4 - spent extra $20 over the flip figuring I may use the phone as a wifi android device after the promo is applied etc...

Feedback Score
    If I am currently a AT&T prepaid subscriber can I get this deal on an additional account? Do I need to leave AT&T first?

I use Google Voice so I don't care about porting numbers etc, I would just like to sign up for this one and let the old SIM/account expire.

Also any new news on when this offer expires?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Can I buy an $8 TMobile # from eBay to get this deal ?

Sent from my SM-N960U using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    XiaoMi Mi 9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I think so. ( non official though ) I bought 4 prepaid phones from walmart. Activate them at the same time with the same name, address, zip. ATT treat them all separate unless you make it multi-line to the same one later. So far one of line still waiting for 17GB at 8th day.

3 Lines got 17GB at 4th day. I port out cricket number to speedtalk then port back to ATT to replace the newly number. Then invite two lines to Main account. All three lines still have 17GB bonus remained.

With the above, I guess your case with you want just use the G! Voice for incoming call, it will make even simple.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxBurn View Post
    If I am currently a AT&T prepaid subscriber can I get this deal on an additional account? Do I need to leave AT&T first?

I use Google Voice so I don't care about porting numbers etc, I would just like to sign up for this one and let the old SIM/account expire.

Also any new news on when this offer expires?

Device(s)
    XiaoMi Mi 9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    $8 Tmobile SIM? This deal is for Walmart/ATT promotion, it has to be start from WalMart prepaid phone purchase and activation. I treat $35 WalMart phone as activation fee. It will be under my draw and don't know what to do with it later.

Quote Originally Posted by Cell_Phone33 View Post
    Can I buy an $8 TMobile # from eBay to get this deal ?

Sent from my SM-N960U using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Today is the 5th day and I'm still waiting for the bonus data to appear on my two lines. I made them a multi-line account after I activated the lines. Do you think converting them to a multi-line will cause any issue to get the bonus data?

Device(s)
    iPhone XR,iPhone 8
    Carrier(s)
    ATT,Verizon,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Well I'm on the 7th day and nothing, I called Customer Care and they were majorly confused as usual, they told me everything from, well you need to have activated the device in walmart that's why it didn't apply the bonus data to you should be fine and it should apply the bonus data. I'm not holding my breath, I filed a complaint with the FCC as it usually takes them 3-4 day turnaround. I need to know if they're going to apply this so that I can still have time to return the device to Walmart if they're not and cut my losses within 14 days. Well I purchased this on my amex so even if walmart doesn't return it I should be able to get something back through them I guess at the last resort, and well it's only $37 bucks im just pretty pissed off at ATT at this point to give them even another dollar.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    What's the procedure for filing an FCC complaint? I'm not in on this deal as most in this thread, but I have a separate issue I'm looking to fight about with Sprint.

Device(s)
    iPhone XR,iPhone 8
    Carrier(s)
    ATT,Verizon,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyMind2017 View Post
    What's the procedure for filing an FCC complaint? I'm not in on this deal as most in this thread, but I have a separate issue I'm looking to fight about with Sprint.
    This website:

https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us

And choose phone...billing...advertised rate it’ll let you choose wireless and att/sprint etc

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast