Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 388

Thread: New New Wal-Mart Promo? 25GB for $40/mo with Autopay

  1. #211
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    20
    Feedback Score
    0
    My two multi-lines got the bonus data today on day 8. Do you know if I can now port my Straight Talk (AT&T) numbers or should I port it to some non-AT&T number first? When I spoke to the AT&T rep, she said she can port my ST number but I am concerned if my bonus data will be removed after the port (the rep assured me that it won't happen.)

  2. #212
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    3,630
    Device(s)
    iPhone X 256GB, iPad Pro 11" 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, Unreal Mobile, Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Teletubbie View Post
    When I spoke to the AT&T rep, she said she can port my ST number but I am concerned if my bonus data will be removed after the port (the rep assured me that it won't happen.)
    If you have a verbal assurance, ask for their name and if they would make a note on your profile that it was promised and once it's been noted, I'd have them proceed. That's just me though. Most of the time I get people being wishy-washy and that's never a good time to move ahead just wait for advice...

    --Kidd
    Hear me on Twitter: @alexkidd1 / On YouTube: @AlexKidd4Fun

  3. #213
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    BayArea
    Posts
    155
    Device(s)
    XiaoMi Mi 9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    0
    Finally exactly at 10th day, my 4th line get bonus data show up. Port my number from Cricket to SpeedTalk. Somehow speedtalk is too busy today, SMS did not work until like 3 hours later. Got ATT port the number and replace the temp number with the info I need from SpeedTalk.

    Looks we made SpeedTalk busy, ATT representative told me there are many lines get port-in from SpeedTalk recently. Haha.

  4. #214
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    743
    Device(s)
    iPhone XR,iPhone 8
    Carrier(s)
    ATT,Verizon,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mine also came on the 8th day... very shocked on that... I feel bad about the fcc complaint now.

  5. #215
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    743
    Device(s)
    iPhone XR,iPhone 8
    Carrier(s)
    ATT,Verizon,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Did we decide that speed talk is the cheapest way to port out and back in? Also where are you guys getting the sim card plan etc from, it looks like a little over $10 directly through speedtalk shipped, is there somewhere cheaper? I was thinking of doing Google voice but of course that's $20 down the drain, but I usually never have major issues with google voice ports. Also when I called prepaid customer service she swore up and down that she's done ports for customers from cricket to att prepaid and no issues. Comments and thoughts appreciated on the cheapest/easiest way to move my cricket number to att prepaid in the next couple weeks.

  6. #216
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    20
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by toddc79 View Post
    Did we decide that speed talk is the cheapest way to port out and back in? Also where are you guys getting the sim card plan etc from, it looks like a little over $10 directly through speedtalk shipped, is there somewhere cheaper?
    I found Ting is the cheapest method to port out the number, the SIM kit is available for $5 from Best Buy and it comes preloaded with $30 credit. I was able to port out my Straight Talk (AT&T) number to Ting and it took 6 hours and then I ported in to AT&T successfully.

  7. #217
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    20
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexKidd1977 View Post
    If you have a verbal assurance, ask for their name and if they would make a note on your profile that it was promised and once it's been noted, I'd have them proceed. That's just me though. Most of the time I get people being wishy-washy and that's never a good time to move ahead just wait for advice...

    --Kidd
    When I initiated the port of the Straight Talk (AT&T) number, the rep verified that it is not possible to port in. So I ported out to Ting and then ported back to AT&T.

  8. #218
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    20
    Feedback Score
    0
    Questions:

    1. After the port in, I moved the SIM from the flip phone to an iPhone and everything is working fine. Do I need to change the IMEI number in my online account under the Device menu? It seems to be working fine without revising the IMEI number. I'm afraid, entering the new IMEI number may draw the attention that I am no longer using the flip phone and may turn off my bonus data.

    2. When I dial *777#, I get the data usage from the 8GB balance. Is there a way to get the bonus data balance by text, other than having to login to the online account?

  9. #219
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    240
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    You should not have moved the SIM out of the Walmart phone until the bonus data posted. Even if you don't change the IMEI in your online account, it will probably happen automatically within a short time. If you're still waiting for bonus data to post, put the SIM back in the Walmart phone immediately and keep it on and connected to the cellular network.

  10. #220
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    1,236
    Feedback Score
    0
    Well this is new and irritating... the line that I ported my Verizon prepaid number over, lost the 17gb bonus data on plan renewal...WTF ATT??

    That line had bonus data, everything had renewed fine on it, and bonus data was there for the rest of the month after porting in, but upon renewal it's gone. Why the hell does AT&T have to make things so damn hard??????

    UGH....pissed.

  11. #221
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    1,236
    Feedback Score
    0
    Called AT&T, took almost 1 hour (including 10 minute wait time) to follow up on this, and the CSR submitted a ticket to hope to resolve this.

    The CSR was very nice, but said they had to speak with their own internal specialist about this and had a specialist to create a ticket to try to fix this.... what a mess.

    The CSR said the specialist also advises to keep my SIM on the Walmart device to keep getting bonus data... implying that it is needed to be kept in the phone to be eligible for the walmart promo. I was a bit flabbergasted of course about this, but understand the CSR may just be repeating the technical terms of the promo.

    I responded that I did follow the terms of the promo - I bought the Walmart phone, used it for a while until I got the promo data, and the promo / AT&T shouldn't expect people to have to keep using the specific Walmart phone forever just to quality for the promo... I mean, what if the phone gets lost, broken, etc?? It can't be realistic to expect someone to keep using a single device forever just to qualify for the promo.

    The CSR understood what I was saying but politely advised I keep sim card in phone to see if it will help.

    So here we go again, gotta insert my SIM back into the Walmart device and see if it gets promo data (after having had promo data for 2 months, and lost it on 3rd month)

    Why does this promo have be so problematic and cause so much work for customers & AT&T to deal with????

    Very frustrated and irritated.... such a backwards *** system!

  12. #222
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    548
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyMind2017 View Post
    You should not have moved the SIM out of the Walmart phone until the bonus data posted. Even if you don't change the IMEI in your online account, it will probably happen automatically within a short time. If you're still waiting for bonus data to post, put the SIM back in the Walmart phone immediately and keep it on and connected to the cellular network.
    I moved my sim card out of the junk Alcatel phone after 3 days. I got the bonus data on the fifth day.

    Sent from my XT1635-01 using HoFo mobile app

  13. #223
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    20
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyMind2017 View Post
    You should not have moved the SIM out of the Walmart phone until the bonus data posted. Even if you don't change the IMEI in your online account, it will probably happen automatically within a short time. If you're still waiting for bonus data to post, put the SIM back in the Walmart phone immediately and keep it on and connected to the cellular network.
    I should have mentioned that the bonus data showed up in my account while the SIM was in the Walmart phone and before the port. I removed the SIM after that and I was wondering by revising the IMEI number, will the bonus data from my account disappear?

  14. #224
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    1,236
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Teletubbie View Post
    Questions:

    1. After the port in, I moved the SIM from the flip phone to an iPhone and everything is working fine. Do I need to change the IMEI number in my online account under the Device menu? It seems to be working fine without revising the IMEI number. I'm afraid, entering the new IMEI number may draw the attention that I am no longer using the flip phone and may turn off my bonus data.

    2. When I dial *777#, I get the data usage from the 8GB balance. Is there a way to get the bonus data balance by text, other than having to login to the online account?
    I would say don't mess with the IMEI online at all... but now don't know WTF is going on since my promo data disappeared. But in my opinion the less you mess with it the better.

    Quote Originally Posted by Teletubbie View Post
    I should have mentioned that the bonus data showed up in my account while the SIM was in the Walmart phone and before the port. I removed the SIM after that and I was wondering by revising the IMEI number, will the bonus data from my account disappear?
    In my experience, the bonus data was fine for the rest of the cycle but disappeared upon renewal. Really frustrated and peeved right now!

    Why do they make it so damn hard for the customers!!

  15. #225
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    743
    Device(s)
    iPhone XR,iPhone 8
    Carrier(s)
    ATT,Verizon,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by sprintleaver View Post
    I would say don't mess with the IMEI online at all... but now don't know WTF is going on since my promo data disappeared. But in my opinion the less you mess with it the better.


    In my experience, the bonus data was fine for the rest of the cycle but disappeared upon renewal. Really frustrated and peeved right now!

    Why do they make it so damn hard for the customers!!
    if it was easy it wouldn't be att... their promos for credits/activation reversals etc are just as bad or worse on postpaid...stuff definitely falls through the cracks all the time and never gets credited on their crappy *** billing system.

Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. CDMA: (NEW) GoogleMobile v2.3.0.9 for WM6 - Now with Street View.
    By 240sxer in forum TELUS/Koodo/Public Mobile
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-16-2008, 12:35 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-20-2008, 02:11 PM
  3. Replies: 40
    Last Post: 08-17-2005, 02:13 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-10-2005, 09:40 PM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-11-2004, 11:49 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks