Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: New New Wal-Mart Promo? 25GB for $40/mo with Autopay

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueScreenOfTOM View Post
    Yeah, I've been noticing this more and more often and each time I wonder "is AT&T slow or am I being throttled?" It hasn't been bad enough yet that I'm considering leaving, but I defintiely don't like this new "we reserve the right to throttle you from day one during periods of network congestion" policy, vs the old "only when you exceed 22gb"...

Although I just looked through AT&T's site and they claim they only throttle during periods of congestion on the unlimited plans, which the Walmart plan is not. So I don't know. Very confusing.
    Ultimately, if the tower is busy Prepaid will lose, regardless of plan.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexKidd1977 View Post
    I agree - like what do they expect you to never buy and replace your phone with something other than what Wal-Mart has in the event you break the one you purchased?

The only thing that I can think of is people who are so tight that they return the phone to Wal-Mart to get the device money back -- those IMEIs may be attached to the plan and so they'd cancel out the bonus data for giving them the reach-around. Is that possibly a common denominator?

--Kidd
    I returned the cheap At&t flipper the day after the bonus showed up and have now had my plan renew 3 times without any problems.

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by energyx View Post
    Ultimately, if the tower is busy Prepaid will lose, regardless of plan.
    Except in that picture above, the tower obviously isn’t busy.

The same thing happens to me sometimes lately, although it’s getting better.

I can get speeds like that or worse then cycle airplane mode and get 150+ Mbps. I think there’s some kind of network issue going on. Deprioritization wouldn’t get solved by cycling the radio, and it shouldn’t happen on a site that has that much excess capacity.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by clonehappy View Post
    Except in that picture above, the tower obviously isn’t busy.

The same thing happens to me sometimes lately, although it’s getting better.

I can get speeds like that or worse then cycle airplane mode and get 150+ Mbps. I think there’s some kind of network issue going on. Deprioritization wouldn’t get solved by cycling the radio, and it shouldn’t happen on a site that has that much excess capacity.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Busy is probably determined by ATT. I see what you are saying, but we are at their mercy.

Device(s)
    iPhone X 256GB, iPad Pro 11" 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, Unreal Mobile, Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by c47v3770 View Post
    AT&T business line (iPhone 7) vs walmart plan (iPhone X). Thought I was on verizon for a second..

Umm. I think it’s somewhat humerous the iPhone X with abysmal speeds is showing 5Ge up top while the speedy one says LTE (4G). Quite possibly they’re locked onto towers on different spectrum and the “5Ge” is overloaded? If so, not something to be bragging about.

—Kidd
    Hear me on Twitter: @alexkidd1 / On YouTube: @AlexKidd4Fun

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibladuell View Post
    Question:

Once the sim card is in the 6T and you change the imei in the account to the walmart phone, does that imei entered sticks forever and never changes to the one in the 6T on its own while using it????

Does the 6T work fully with sim card and wrong imei in the account??

Or do you have to constantly check imei on the account to see if it switched back and change it again?

Tia,

Ian B
    It has continued working fully functional for months with the wrong imei in the account. Today I upgraded to Oxygen (Android) 10 and it took about 20 minutes for me to get LTE service again. But once I did VoLTE was back and working.

The only time I've had to go back and reenter the imei is if i swapped SIM cards to another phone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bl01 View Post
    It has continued working fully functional for months with the wrong imei in the account. Today I upgraded to Oxygen (Android) 10 and it took about 20 minutes for me to get LTE service again. But once I did VoLTE was back and working.

The only time I've had to go back and reenter the imei is if i swapped SIM cards to another phone.
    Thanks so much for your response. I just got a Samsung Fold and put the sim card in it. All is working as expected, will just go back and put the original Wally phone imei like you did.

Ian B

Feedback Score
    Where do you see in the account once you load a prepayment refill card to the account. When I entered it, it said $50 credit to the account posted where do I see it.

Thanks,

Ian B

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPad (5th Gen)
    Carrier(s)
    310-410, 310-260
    Feedback Score
    Where do you see in the account once you load a prepayment refill card to the account. When I entered it, it said $50 credit to the account posted where do I see it.
    The Balance & Details link on the home page or the Plans section and it's at the top of the page.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ecs0013 View Post
    The Balance & Details link on the home page or the Plans section and it's at the top of the page.
    Thanks for info. Found it.

Feedback Score
    About to renew first month tomorrow w sim card in my galaxy fold. Let's see what happens w bonus data. Gonna enter imei of Wally phone tonight I to my account.

Feedback Score
    About to renew first month tomorrow w sim card in my galaxy fold. Let's see what happens w bonus data. Gonna enter imei of Wally phone tonight I to my account.
    Planned renewed last night and got text today of renewal with no hitches. Now I wait to see if I get the extra gb data.

Right now it shows the following:

Next payment Dec 18 due to a $10 credit left over from the refill $50 card I uploaded before renewal. They gave me a $10 credit for a total of $60.00 credits on the account and then they took out $50.00 from the credit leaving me with $10 credit. Funny way how they do that renewal discount but it is the same.

As for data now, here is what it says:

Promotion: 17gb(No rollover) 7.9gb of 17gb remaining expiring on 11/24/19???

Plan dataIncludes 7.9 gb rollover data) 15.9 gb of 15.9gb remaining

I must have carried over 7.9gb of data from last month to get 15.9gb????? Now wait to see if I get addtl bonus 17gb offer in the next 2-3 days.

Note the account has the Sammy phone imei but, the sim card is in the Samsung Fold phone since I got the original bonus 17gb of data.

Ian B

Ian B

Device(s)
    XiaoMi Mi 9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Does ATT take eSIM for prepaid plan? If yes, can we transfer this plan to eSIM and keep plan intact.

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Planned renewed last night and got text today of renewal with no hitches. Now I wait to see if I get the extra gb data.

Right now it shows the following:

Next payment Dec 18 due to a $10 credit left over from the refill $50 card I uploaded before renewal. They gave me a $10 credit for a total of $60.00 credits on the account and then they took out $50.00 from the credit leaving me with $10 credit. Funny way how they do that renewal discount but it is the same.

As for data now, here is what it says:

Promotion: 17gb(No rollover) 7.9gb of 17gb remaining expiring on 11/24/19???

Plan dataIncludes 7.9 gb rollover data) 15.9 gb of 15.9gb remaining

I must have carried over 7.9gb of data from last month to get 15.9gb????? Now wait to see if I get addtl bonus 17gb offer in the next 2-3 days.

Note the account has the Sammy phone imei but, the sim card is in the Samsung Fold phone since I got the original bonus 17gb of data.

Ian B

Ian B

EDIT-- The 17gb bonus data was credited today too. All as expected. Thx ATT.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPad (5th Gen)
    Carrier(s)
    310-410, 310-260
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by krusir View Post
    Does ATT take eSIM for prepaid plan? If yes, can we transfer this plan to eSIM and keep plan intact.
    Yes, you might have a hard time getting the QR activation card from some AT&T stores (Apple Stores seem to give them out for free and without question). To use it, you scan the unique QR code on your phone, to "add" the line and then go into My Device > Update Device on the account manager and enter the ICCID from the QR activation card to move service from a physical SIM to the eSIM. I've had this set up since September and the plan and promo have renewed without issue.

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast