Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: New New Wal-Mart Promo? 25GB for $40/mo with Autopay

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPad (5th Gen)
    Carrier(s)
    310-410, 310-260
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishx65 View Post
    Anyone hit their 3rd month and keep the bonus data yet???? If so, are you still using the At&t Prepaid phone you purchased for this deal or do you have the sim in some other phone?
    Month 3 just started yesterday - old bonus data still there with an expiration of tomorrow, so I'll see if the bonus data renews again. My SIM has been in my iPhone since shortly after I ported and renewed without issue before.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ecs0013 View Post
    Month 3 just started yesterday - old bonus data still there with an expiration of tomorrow, so I'll see if the bonus data renews again. My SIM has been in my iPhone since shortly after I ported and renewed without issue before.
    Thanks EC and please keep us posted. There's a couple of posters over on SD that keep saying they lost their bonus data because they're not using their At&t Prepaid phones. I'm guessing it's BS from Idiot Trolls but just wanted to make sure.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    The SD thread has gone crazy. So much mis-information. My 4 lines renewed right away - the online account system is screwy but the service and plan has been fine.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    310-410, 310-260
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by glowblue View Post
    The SD thread has gone crazy. So much mis-information. My 4 lines renewed right away - the online account system is screwy but the service and plan has been fine.
    Haha yeah, while the basic information (Wiki/FAQ) is great, the thread has turned into a mix of asking the same questions or someone mad because they didn't follow directions (there are always a few where they did and something didn't work). I'm hesitant to return/sell the "donor" phone just because I don't want it to hit AT&T's system as returned or on another account and invalidate the promo. Otherwise, we'll see how things go in a day or two.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ecs0013 View Post
    Haha yeah, while the basic information (Wiki/FAQ) is great, the thread has turned into a mix of asking the same questions or someone mad because they didn't follow directions (there are always a few where they did and something didn't work). I'm hesitant to return/sell the "donor" phone just because I don't want it to hit AT&T's system as returned or on another account and invalidate the promo. Otherwise, we'll see how things go in a day or two.
    I bought 3 Alcatel phones and 1 Flip phone. I fully intended to just keep them. I had one Alcatel in use for one of my lines and it broke about a week in. The flip phone had a bad antenna - I took them both back and no issues (kept the SIMs in other phones)

Device(s)
    iPhone X 256GB, iPad Pro 11" 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, Unreal Mobile, Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by glowblue View Post
    I bought 3 Alcatel phones and 1 Flip phone. I fully intended to just keep them. I had one Alcatel in use for one of my lines and it broke about a week in. The flip phone had a bad antenna - I took them both back and no issues (kept the SIMs in other phones)
    Wow, that's some serious junk having 2 out of 4 units bad out the gate. I sure hope they wouldn't give you issues with swapping those for better phones...

--Kidd
    Hear me on Twitter: @alexkidd1 / On YouTube: @AlexKidd4Fun

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexKidd1977 View Post
    Wow, that's some serious junk having 2 out of 4 units bad out the gate. I sure hope they wouldn't give you issues with swapping those for better phones...

--Kidd
    Let’s be honest...they’re $30 phones! I had planned to just keep them as emergency phones if a daily driver needed repair. One of the persons in my group is really bad with phones so I also would have had a good supply for them to break.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    310-410, 310-260
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishx65 View Post
    Thanks EC and please keep us posted. There's a couple of posters over on SD that keep saying they lost their bonus data because they're not using their At&t Prepaid phones. I'm guessing it's BS from Idiot Trolls but just wanted to make sure.
    Well, the bonus data applied today, so it looks like month 3 is still working as expected. For what it's worth, I bought a (Alcatel) Cingular Flip 2, ported my number in once the bonus data appeared on the account, then moved the SIM to my iPhone where it's been ever since. This most recent round had a payment due/plan reset date of the 15th, bonus data set to expire on the 17th, and new bonus data applied right over the old, expiring data. I also initially funded with a refill card, enabled autopay for the discount once everything was ported and in the right phone, and have been using discounted refill cards ever since (gotta get used to the expiring balance idea though).

Feedback Score
    I know when you pay the entire balance by a prepaid card, you are not charged tax. If the monthly fee for my master account is $120 and I pay $100 using prepaid card and the rest by credit card, will I be charged tax on $20 or will my credit card be charged tax for the entire balance of $120?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    310-410, 310-260
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Teletubbie View Post
    I know when you pay the entire balance by a prepaid card, you are not charged tax. If the monthly fee for my master account is $120 and I pay $100 using prepaid card and the rest by credit card, will I be charged tax on $20 or will my credit card be charged tax for the entire balance of $120?
    The tax/E911 is charged on the $20. I just went through the steps to add $10 to my account and was going to be charge $11.70 (state sales tax of 70˘, E911 of $1).

Feedback Score
    Do you know why does the monthly data expiry date and the monthly renewal date does not match on my account? The renewal date is Sept 20 and the data expiry date (next to the promo data bar) says Sept 28.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Hey all, I read almost all 18 pages of this thread. From what I can tell just buying the AT&T Prepaid Sim kit will not work for this 25 GB promo? It's got to be a phone from Walmart. I'd rather just buy the SIM kit but haven't seen anyone mention they got the SIM kit only. I'll buy whatever cheap phone Walmart has and swap the sim into my Pixel 2XL after a few days when bonus data shows up. I'm currently with Verizon prepaid on the same Pixel 2XL. I'm just not liking Verizon Prepaid for my primary phone service. I had Verizon Prepaid, left it for Metro by T-Mobile, then left them for Google FI, now back to Verizon Prepaid due to their deal for 16GB of data. All of this within 5 months

My plan is to get an AT&T Prepaid phone but not activate it for a week or two as my Verizon Prepaid plan just renewed. I'll sim swap in the areas I go to and see which service works better. For me the difference in most of the posts here is I don't need or want to port any phone numbers. Only a couple of people need my phone number.

Does anyone know if AT&T Prepaid lets you choose an area code when activating? My zip code has two area codes, 317 and 463. I want 463

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    310-410, 310-260
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tersanyus View Post
    Hey all, I read almost all 18 pages of this thread. From what I can tell just buying the AT&T Prepaid Sim kit will not work for this 25 GB promo? It's got to be a phone from Walmart. I'd rather just buy the SIM kit but haven't seen anyone mention they got the SIM kit only. I'll buy whatever cheap phone Walmart has and swap the sim into my Pixel 2XL after a few days when bonus data shows up. I'm currently with Verizon prepaid on the same Pixel 2XL. I'm just not liking Verizon Prepaid for my primary phone service. I had Verizon Prepaid, left it for Metro by T-Mobile, then left them for Google FI, now back to Verizon Prepaid due to their deal for 16GB of data. All of this within 5 months

My plan is to get an AT&T Prepaid phone but not activate it for a week or two as my Verizon Prepaid plan just renewed. I'll sim swap in the areas I go to and see which service works better. For me the difference in most of the posts here is I don't need or want to port any phone numbers. Only a couple of people need my phone number.

Does anyone know if AT&T Prepaid lets you choose an area code when activating? My zip code has two area codes, 317 and 463. I want 463
    From all the language, it seems like it has to be a phone (validated by IMEI and ICCID). The Cingular Flip 2 is $30 and includes a nano SIM, so you can really think of it as $20 to get in on the plan (since the SIMs run $10 by themselves). I'd recommend just picking up the phone kit at the store, as that will ensure that everything is scanned properly at purchase.

Would you be porting your existing number over? If so, activate a new number in the same "market" (there's a prompt that asks for the zip code of use, which determines what number you're assigned), wait for the bonus data, then call the Port Activation Center to bring your Verizon number over, and finally pop the SIM in your Pixel. If you don't want to bring that number, just take whatever you're assigned and wait for the bonus data and move the SIM.

You won't get the choice of area code and from what I've seen, AT&T hasn't really been assigning many 463 numbers in the Indy market (I think they have a lot of 317 numbers ripe for reuse, especially we've gotten a lot of 317-946-XXXX numbers when we've set up new lines at work). T-Mobile gave me one for my iPad plan, but that's been the first case anywhere that I've personally seen.

By the way, if you're in or around Indianapolis proper, AT&T has been pretty good - lots of small cells downtown and a lot of tower upgrades. I've had numerous spots where my iPhone is pulling 100-200Mbps down on that plan.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info. I won't be porting my phone number. I started looking at the AT&T Prepaid phones, yeah all cheap junk. When I looked at the Alcatel idealXtra I found all the super Walmart stores showed them regular price. However, all the neighborhood market stores showed the price at $13 . I'm going to go to one of those stores to see if it really is that price and get one. I don't suppose it makes a difference if the phone is purchased at a neighborhood market Walmart vs. a super center would it?

I haven't been on real AT&T service for 2 or 3 years I think. I've nearly always had a Tracfone SIM using AT&T as I like to keep a backup line on a different network

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I just got back from the Walmart neighborhood market near me. Their prepaid phone/card selection is small but no sign of the Alcatel IdealXtra. I used the old brickseek site and it said this store had 2 but I know that may not be true. I asked at the service desk and the employee found it in the back. It rang up at $13 so I bought it. Would have bought the other one they had but broke now.

There are maybe 7 or so Walmart neighborhood markets in my area. Brickseek site showed all at $13, a few stores were out of stock. The normal Walmart super centers showed price as 39.88 and some showed 49. I have not activated the phone yet and may not for a week or so. Unless someone else thinks this may not work for this 25GB promo I'll get activated soon and report back.

Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast