Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast
Results 316 to 330 of 392

Thread: New New Wal-Mart Promo? 25GB for $40/mo with Autopay

  1. #316
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    6
    Feedback Score
    0
    I've had this promo on two lines since the offer was first available this summer. I switched to different phones right away and have the bonus data every month.

    However, since I am using OnePlus 6t's, once I swapped the SIM into my phones, I did go into my ATT Prepaid Account - My Device - Update Device and change the IMEI to match the IMEI of the Alcatel phones I bought at Wal-Mart. I primarily did this to get VoLTE working, since it didn't seem to work without doing that.

  2. #317
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,700
    Feedback Score
    0
    I actually returned the cheap flip phone as soon as I got my bonus data and put the sim in an unlocked Moto G7 Power. I received my bonus data when my plan renewed for the first time and I'm hoping my bonus data sticks when my plan renews for the second time on Nov. 4th.

  3. #318
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,100
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishx65 View Post
    I actually returned the cheap flip phone as soon as I got my bonus data and put the sim in an unlocked Moto G7 Power. I received my bonus data when my plan renewed for the first time and I'm hoping my bonus data sticks when my plan renews for the second time on Nov. 4th.
    I did same and my next month is same date as yours.. if they don't I'll file FCC/BBB complaint lol


    Sent from my SM-N960U using HoFo mobile app

  4. #319
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    490
    Feedback Score
    0
    Activated plan this past Sunday 10-20-19 and tonight got the 17gb bonus in 5 days from activation. Did not take the 10 days and now can port from Verizon my number to this plan. Once it ports, will set up auto-pay. Here is the message I got tonight showing the 17gb bonus.

    Details

    Congratulations, you're now getting 25GB of high-speed data every month (8GB plan data + 17GB bonus data). To get your bonus data every month, be sure to stay on the $50 plan. Bonus data will be applied within 3 days each time your plan renews and does not rollover. Speed, usage, and additional restrictions apply.

  5. #320
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    490
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bl01 View Post
    I've had this promo on two lines since the offer was first available this summer. I switched to different phones right away and have the bonus data every month.

    However, since I am using OnePlus 6t's, once I swapped the SIM into my phones, I did go into my ATT Prepaid Account - My Device - Update Device and change the IMEI to match the IMEI of the Alcatel phones I bought at Wal-Mart. I primarily did this to get VoLTE working, since it didn't seem to work without doing that.
    Question:

    Once the sim card is in the 6T and you change the imei in the account to the walmart phone, does that imei entered sticks forever and never changes to the one in the 6T on its own while using it????

    Does the 6T work fully with sim card and wrong imei in the account??

    Or do you have to constantly check imei on the account to see if it switched back and change it again?

    Tia,

    Ian B

  6. #321
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    188
    Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGregWi View Post
    I have no idea what your asking... BUT..

    I called AT&T asking why I never received the bonus data on my 2nd month. They told me I changed phones, changing phones causes you to lose the bonus data.

    There is NOTHING that I can find in the terms of service that make you tied to the Walmart phone. Does fighting this do any good?
    Countless others including myself have swapped SIM cards to another phone and still get the bonus data months after initial activation with no issues. There is nothing in the Ts and Cs requiring you to keep the SIM in the Walmart phone. If you lose the bonus you can try to fight it but you might be SOL. If so, file an FCC complaint.

  7. #322
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    781
    Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPad (5th Gen)
    Carrier(s)
    310-410
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by glowblue View Post
    Countless others including myself have swapped SIM cards to another phone and still get the bonus data months after initial activation with no issues. There is nothing in the Ts and Cs requiring you to keep the SIM in the Walmart phone. If you lose the bonus you can try to fight it but you might be SOL. If so, file an FCC complaint.
    I'll agree—I've swapped phones (Walmart Alcatel Cingular Flip 2 -> iPhone 8 Plus -> iPhone 11) and from the original SIM to an eSIM and have gotten the bonus each time so far.

  8. #323
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    1,237
    Feedback Score
    0
    Here we go again with ATT. On renewal I'm unable to get any data on my phone. I keep getting this message: AT&T Free Msg: It looks like you want to use data but have none available. You may need to add a data package, refill to use pay-per-use data or change to a plan that supports data. To check your plan and manage your account, start at att.com/myprepaid. If you just made a payment for your monthly plan with data, power your device off and back on, then try again.

    This is the line that ATT took away the bonus data previously and fixed last billing cycle. Now the line has zero data, even though online it shows more than 20gb available for use, including previous promo data which expires a few days after renewal.

    So damn frustrated with ATT. This is ridiculous. Never had these billing / data issues with Cricket.

  9. #324
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    3,630
    Device(s)
    iPhone X 256GB, iPad Pro 11" 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, Unreal Mobile, Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by glowblue View Post
    Countless others including myself have swapped SIM cards to another phone and still get the bonus data months after initial activation with no issues. There is nothing in the Ts and Cs requiring you to keep the SIM in the Walmart phone. If you lose the bonus you can try to fight it but you might be SOL. If so, file an FCC complaint.
    I agree - like what do they expect you to never buy and replace your phone with something other than what Wal-Mart has in the event you break the one you purchased?

    The only thing that I can think of is people who are so tight that they return the phone to Wal-Mart to get the device money back -- those IMEIs may be attached to the plan and so they'd cancel out the bonus data for giving them the reach-around. Is that possibly a common denominator?

    --Kidd
    Hear me on Twitter: @alexkidd1 / On YouTube: @AlexKidd4Fun

  10. #325
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    302
    Feedback Score
    0
    I could see them pulling that kind of thing with the promotion being tied to the phone you bought, BUT it isn't spelled out in any terms and conditions I've read and would definitely be worthy of a FCC complaint.

  11. #326
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    490
    Feedback Score
    0
    I finished the porting yesterday after I got the 17g bonus and changed the sim to my iphone. Everything working as expected. Tried to do the trick of going into account-device-update the imei to the Walmart phone imei since I put the sim card into the iphone but, got and error indicating that imei was already in system and not different. Perhaps it takes a few days for ATT system to recognize the iphone imei and change it into the account or perhaps it does not care as long as the sim card is activated on the $50.00 plan. Need tonight to set up auto pay for $10 discount.

    Anyone know where we can get refill cards at cheaper price for the $50.00 plan. The ones on Ebay are only $1-2 discount and callingmart.com discount is only $1.00 Either way, will buy and use pin cards to avoid getting charged for taxed on renewal.

  12. #327
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    781
    Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPad (5th Gen)
    Carrier(s)
    310-410
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibladuell View Post
    Anyone know where we can get refill cards at cheaper price for the $50.00 plan. The ones on Ebay are only $1-2 discount and callingmart.com discount is only $1.00 Either way, will buy and use pin cards to avoid getting charged for taxed on renewal.
    For refill cards, Target.com often has them on sale for either $5 off $50+ or a buy-one-get-one-X% off. I feel like since July, there has been a sale almost every other week.

  13. #328
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    490
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ecs0013 View Post
    For refill cards, Target.com often has them on sale for either $5 off $50+ or a buy-one-get-one-X% off. I feel like since July, there has been a sale almost every other week.
    Thanks for the info. Will look into it.

    Ian B

  14. #329
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    14
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by sprintleaver View Post
    Here we go again with ATT. On renewal I'm unable to get any data on my phone. I keep getting this message: AT&T Free Msg: It looks like you want to use data but have none available. You may need to add a data package, refill to use pay-per-use data or change to a plan that supports data. To check your plan and manage your account, start at att.com/myprepaid. If you just made a payment for your monthly plan with data, power your device off and back on, then try again.

    This is the line that ATT took away the bonus data previously and fixed last billing cycle. Now the line has zero data, even though online it shows more than 20gb available for use, including previous promo data which expires a few days after renewal.

    So damn frustrated with ATT. This is ridiculous. Never had these billing / data issues with Cricket.
    The AT&T prepaid billing system is a steaming pile of horse manure. If you’re on any kind of special promotion, like the Walmart bonus or the $15 or $20 autopay discount, don’t plan on keeping it for the long haul, one little glitch and poof, your promo is gone forever. Did you ever get this resolved?

  15. #330
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    188
    Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dthoward View Post
    The AT&T prepaid billing system is a steaming pile of horse manure. If you’re on any kind of special promotion, like the Walmart bonus or the $15 or $20 autopay discount, don’t plan on keeping it for the long haul, one little glitch and poof, your promo is gone forever. Did you ever get this resolved?
    Been rock solid for me - 4 lines with 25 GB bonus data going on 4 months now.

Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. CDMA: (NEW) GoogleMobile v2.3.0.9 for WM6 - Now with Street View.
    By 240sxer in forum TELUS/Koodo/Public Mobile
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-16-2008, 12:35 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-20-2008, 02:11 PM
  3. Replies: 40
    Last Post: 08-17-2005, 02:13 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-10-2005, 09:40 PM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-11-2004, 11:49 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks