Thread: US: Looking for the biggest & best phone / phablet $300

Feedback Score

US: Looking for the biggest & best phone / phablet $300

Because of my vision, I need a big display phone for work.

I'm looking for the following options:

Budget: $300

Android version: Pie

Processor: I need something FAST - I don't know anything about tech or processors, all I know is I need it to be fast, lol

Ram & Storage: A lot

Display: 6.5"+,

Display: Gorilla glass

Headphone Jack: Yes

Sound: AWESOME speakers for both speaker phone and ear speaker - I need a loud phone, lol

Battery Life: Excellent

Typical Options / Features: Fingerprint, Face, Front / Rear camera - As for the camera, I don't take a lot of pics so it doesn't need to be the best

Provider: Metro PCS

I've seen a lot of cool Asian open market phones, but like I said, I don't know much about tech, I don't know what's a good brand or good spects. It just seems that the open market phone are better and cooler than our typically US phones.

With that said, I've been looking at the Xiaomi Mi Max 3, but from what I've read and think I understand, the Snapdragon 636 is slow... and I hate slow, lol... I just want to find the best phablet in my budget.

Thanks for the help everyone!

Carrier(s)
    Metro / T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianMiller View Post
    Because of my vision, I need a big display phone for work.

I'm looking for the following options:

Budget: $300

Android version: Pie

Processor: I need something FAST - I don't know anything about tech or processors, all I know is I need it to be fast, lol

Ram & Storage: A lot

Display: 6.5"+,

Display: Gorilla glass

Headphone Jack: Yes

Sound: AWESOME speakers for both speaker phone and ear speaker - I need a loud phone, lol

Battery Life: Excellent

Typical Options / Features: Fingerprint, Face, Front / Rear camera - As for the camera, I don't take a lot of pics so it doesn't need to be the best

Provider: Metro PCS

I've seen a lot of cool Asian open market phones, but like I said, I don't know much about tech, I don't know what's a good brand or good spects. It just seems that the open market phone are better and cooler than our typically US phones.

With that said, I've been looking at the Xiaomi Mi Max 3, but from what I've read and think I understand, the Snapdragon 636 is slow... and I hate slow, lol... I just want to find the best phablet in my budget.

Thanks for the help everyone!
    The problem with most of the "world" phones like the Xiamoi is that they don't support the needed bands for U.S. carriers. So they may not connect to the 4G/LTE network or only part if it. The only world phones I've found that work with lots of U.S. carriers are the latest from Umidigi.

https://www.umidigi.com/

I'm in the process of getting an F1 Play on MetroPCS. I'll let you know how it goes. The F1 play has 64gb ROM and 6 gb RAM and a full HD large screen, NFC, huge 5100mah battery, etc. It's only missing the newest band by Tmo/Metro (71). But, none of my previous phones on Metro had that band and they all worked fine.

Even though it has a big screen (6.2 or 6.3 I think) it's 19:9 or something like that, so it's one of the new tall/thin type screens (like the Samsung S8, etc). I prefer the older wider styles... (16:9) but we'll see how it goes.

I'm sure there are other options out there but Umidigi came to mind because I'm currently getting one. It's one of the few world phones with that many bands.

Here's a look at the compatible bands for U.S. carriers:

https://www.kimovil.com/en/frequency...midigi-f1-play

I think the list is basically the same for the other current Umidigi offerings like the F1, S3 Pro, A5 Pro, Power, etc. Much better compatibility than Xiaomi.

You have a lot of wants on your list for $300 Every phone has good and bad. Not sure you'll find all of that in a $300 phone. If you can afford a new model Pixel XL phone that might be the way to go.
    Last edited by cellphone-guy; 06-11-2019 at 03:33 PM.

Feedback Score
    The Xiaomi Mi Max 3 is an ATT phone apparently. Those that have it, here in the U.S., ust it on the ATT network, so if anything, I'll switch to Cricket , since they are on the ATT network, as well.

BTW, it doesn't need to be an Asian phone, I just mentioned it because they seem to offer the coolest options / specs, for the money.

Do you know when that crazy dual screen Energizer comes out. I've no doubt that it's well above my $300 budget, but I save for that, lol...

Feedback Score
    Any time now