Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Are there any comparable plans on Verizon other than Red Pocket?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    With tax the net10 ebay plan for me comes in at $21.60 a month. Can't beat it for 5gb's per month on Vz. I believe RP ebay deals are 2gb/Mo and amazon is 3gb/mo (yearly plans) at around $21 per month for Vz.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Yeah, as (probably) the largest MVNO in the US, I guess all the Tracfone companies want to stay on the good side of the various regulatory agencies, so they collect state sales tax properly. I don't know if RP just ignores state sales tax for eBay sales, or if they roll it into the plan cost.

When I bought my parents each an eBay $49.99 1200/1200/3GB/1Year (total allotment for the year) Tracfone plan, I had to pay local sales tax, too, which brought each plan up to $53.36.

But sevillelady is correct. If you need that much data on the Vzw network, where else can you get 5GB for $21 to $22 after sales tax monthly?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Oh, it's still a good deal but I wasn't expecting the 25.00 tax so that kind of surprised me when I went to purchase. I knew Ebay was going to start charging SC tax starting in Oct of this year so I was glad that I could buy a year phone plan before then to help save but in this case, I'm still paying tax. Tax just demotes the deal from a Great/awesome deal to a good deal. lol

Having 5gb would be wonderful but not necessarily a must have for me. It would be nice to have, but I survived this past year on the 2gb plan so may stay to save 30+. I'm cheap. I'll wait and think on it and will place my order tomorrow.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
    Oh, it's still a good deal but I wasn't expecting the 25.00 tax so that kind of surprised me when I went to purchase. I knew Ebay was going to start charging SC tax starting in Oct of this year so I was glad that I could buy a year phone plan before then to help save but in this case, I'm still paying tax. Tax just demotes the deal from a Great/awesome deal to a good deal. lol

Having 5gb would be wonderful but not necessarily a must have for me. It would be nice to have, but I survived this past year on the 2gb plan so may stay to save 30+. I'm cheap. I'll wait and think on it and will place my order tomorrow.
    Wow! That's a lot! So is your sales tax around 10.4%, or does your state require some other fees to be collected for cellular plans on top of sales tax?

All Tracfone eBay collected in my state was the 6.75% local sales tax.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    It’s bleeping California highest taxes in the nation. Although NY is very close.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, RP
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Often, Wi-Fi calling is only available on an MVNO on T-Mobile network. Not universally the case.
    VoLTE is often not available on the ATT network.
    Wi-Fi calling generally not available on Verizon MVNOs.

If some of these features are available on net10, then it is a really good deal as long as you don't need to go over 5GB on a regular basis.

For me, this doesn't really fit my needs. My primary cell phone uses more than 5GB/month. My backup phone, 100 minutes is plenty (for $5/month on annual plan).
    iPhone X is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Wow! That's a lot! So is your sales tax around 10.4%, or does your state require some other fees to be collected for cellular plans on top of sales tax?

All Tracfone eBay collected in my state was the 6.75% local sales tax.
    Lucky you to have lower tax. I don't know why so high in SC but kind of kills my enthusiasm to buy it. It is a good deal and nice to know there is that option for cdma but I'll see if I can do the 2gb Red Pocket for another year. I'll just have to watch my data usage.

After the 13% ebay bucks, it will be about 16.50 a month.

I would have loved to be able to use the RP gsm plan with 5gb but phone not compatible. When buying that deal with discount coupon eBay sometimes offers, that is one heck of a deal...maybe they'll come up with a cdma deal in the next year.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Pix wireless has a $20 a month plan with U T&T and 2GB. Not the cheapest but an alternative.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by grayson73 View Post
    Wow, Verizon 5GB service for $20/mo? What's the catch, other than being tied down for a year? This makes me want to switch from Verizon Prepaid!
    One catch is that it's hell to find cheap unlocked Verizon phones. If you were already using Verizon Prepaid for a year, your current phone is all set. But when it comes time to upgrade... get a dirt cheap AT&T phone instead and switch your service over to GSMA.

The reasons are many, such as just slightly older phones lacking VoLTE, which means now they can't be activated on Verizon's network. Also people that used GSM unlock codes on their Verizon phone don't specify that fact, so they flood the listings and you'll have to keep sending back. And people who bought Verizon Prepaid phones fail to mention that fact, selling them as Clean IMEI, which again won't work for you... So it's a huge mess. Meanwhile, any cheap AT&T branded phone will just work with all their MVNOs.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by UltGladiator View Post
    Pix wireless has a $20 a month plan with U T&T and 2GB. Not the cheapest but an alternative.
    Thanks for another option.

I did a chat with Red Pocket asking about any deals for CDMA Verizon phones in the future. They said they hope to have some because there are a lot of requests for that. I told them I almost jumped ship to Net10 because they had a 5gb Verizon plan for 239.00. I told them hopefully they have one coming up in the next year but if not, I would be leaving if Net10 was still available. Thank goodness Net10 is giving them some competition.

Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    next major holiday where there might be a discount offered in July 4th/Independence day. hopefully there will be something.

As of this moment, Verizon on Redpocket if you are a new customer their best deal is 2gb utnt for $177. the 3gb plan on Amazon is still about $255.

For existing customers attempting to refill the 2gb plan on verizon, the baseline price via ebay is $229

what has messed up the price a little is the inclusion of taxes now. its offset somewhat by ebay offers for ebay bucks(8%-13%) as cashback. if you really are trying to limit your cost outlay, maybe you could link through a cashback website and pay with an ebay credit card?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    In case or anyone is still looking, the Net10 plan we were discussing is on sale for $199.99 ($16.67/30 days) now, $40 cheaper than before:

NET10 Annual Plan (Unlimited Talk, Text, 5GB per Month) @ $199.99 (MSRP: $300)
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/283471231068

Also:

NET10 Annual Plan (Unlimited Talk, Text, 1GB per Month) @ $149.99 (MSRP: $205)
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/283471229567

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    In case or anyone is still looking, the Net10 plan we were discussing is on sale for $199.99 ($16.67/30 days) now, $40 cheaper than before:

NET10 Annual Plan (Unlimited Talk, Text, 5GB per Month) @ $199.99 (MSRP: $300)
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/283471231068

Also:

NET10 Annual Plan (Unlimited Talk, Text, 1GB per Month) @ $149.99 (MSRP: $205)
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/283471229567
    Dang. I just saw that and I just purchased the Red Pocket 2gb plan and received it earlier this week. I wonder if I can return it. I'm still within the 30 days so hopefully I'll get the refund.

ETA: I was able to go to Ebay and select to do a return on my purchase. It allowed me to print out a return label so hopefully that means I will be able to return RP plan for the refund. Great price on Net10 for 5gb even if have to pay tax.

-2.00 Ebay Bucks
    -2.00 Swagbucks
    -5.00 Swagbucks bonus for June shopping
    -3.27 Chase cash back
    205.72 (17.14) per month for Verizon 5gb. I just hope my phone works ok when I change over from Red Pocket...crossing fingers.
    Last edited by diddlydudette; 06-21-2019 at 05:50 PM.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
    Dang. I just saw that and I just purchased the Red Pocket 2gb plan and received it earlier this week. I wonder if I can return it. I'm still within the 30 days so hopefully I'll get the refund.

ETA: I was able to go to Ebay and select to do a return on my purchase. It allowed me to print out a return label so hopefully that means I will be able to return RP plan for the refund. Great price on Net10 for 5gb even if have to pay tax.

-2.00 Ebay Bucks
    -2.00 Swagbucks
    -5.00 Swagbucks bonus for June shopping
    -3.27 Chase cash back
    205.72 (17.14) per month for Verizon 5gb. I just hope my phone works ok when I change over from Red Pocket...crossing fingers.
    Good job on the additional discounts to partially offset that 9% sales tax!

Your Note 5 should work just fine with Net10 Vzw.

Also, if you ever do decide to get a new phone to use the AT&T network, you should be able to contact Net10 to move your Net10 service from Vzw to AT&T.

If you ordered the "I Am Not Sure" option as I mentioned above, just save the extra SIMs that come in the package, and you'll be able to use the AT&T SIM if/when the time comes to switch networks.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Good job on the additional discounts to partially offset that 9% sales tax!

Your Note 5 should work just fine with Net10 Vzw.

Also, if you ever do decide to get a new phone to use the AT&T network, you should be able to contact Net10 to move your Net10 service from Vzw to AT&T.

If you ordered the "I Am Not Sure" option as I mentioned above, just save the extra SIMs that come in the package, and you'll be able to use the AT&T SIM if/when the time comes to switch networks.
    Thanks for the feedback Boz. You're always my phone advisor when each family member goes from plan to plan....much appreciated.

I'm still disappointed for my sister that her unlocked Note 8 didn't work on Red Pocket ATT but she seems happy enough of Total Wireless. If this Net10 works well with my phone, then I may suggest she get on the plan if the deal is still available. It's just so much easier to pay for a year and be done with it and not have to worry about refilling each month.

When I get the plan and if it works well, can my sister try out the plan to see if it works on her phone by just inserting my sim into her phone? I never know exactly how that works.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2