Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Are there any comparable plans on Verizon other than Red Pocket?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    With tax the net10 ebay plan for me comes in at $21.60 a month. Can't beat it for 5gb's per month on Vz. I believe RP ebay deals are 2gb/Mo and amazon is 3gb/mo (yearly plans) at around $21 per month for Vz.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Yeah, as (probably) the largest MVNO in the US, I guess all the Tracfone companies want to stay on the good side of the various regulatory agencies, so they collect state sales tax properly. I don't know if RP just ignores state sales tax for eBay sales, or if they roll it into the plan cost.

When I bought my parents each an eBay $49.99 1200/1200/3GB/1Year (total allotment for the year) Tracfone plan, I had to pay local sales tax, too, which brought each plan up to $53.36.

But sevillelady is correct. If you need that much data on the Vzw network, where else can you get 5GB for $21 to $22 after sales tax monthly?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Oh, it's still a good deal but I wasn't expecting the 25.00 tax so that kind of surprised me when I went to purchase. I knew Ebay was going to start charging SC tax starting in Oct of this year so I was glad that I could buy a year phone plan before then to help save but in this case, I'm still paying tax. Tax just demotes the deal from a Great/awesome deal to a good deal. lol

Having 5gb would be wonderful but not necessarily a must have for me. It would be nice to have, but I survived this past year on the 2gb plan so may stay to save 30+. I'm cheap. I'll wait and think on it and will place my order tomorrow.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
    Oh, it's still a good deal but I wasn't expecting the 25.00 tax so that kind of surprised me when I went to purchase. I knew Ebay was going to start charging SC tax starting in Oct of this year so I was glad that I could buy a year phone plan before then to help save but in this case, I'm still paying tax. Tax just demotes the deal from a Great/awesome deal to a good deal. lol

Having 5gb would be wonderful but not necessarily a must have for me. It would be nice to have, but I survived this past year on the 2gb plan so may stay to save 30+. I'm cheap. I'll wait and think on it and will place my order tomorrow.
    Wow! That's a lot! So is your sales tax around 10.4%, or does your state require some other fees to be collected for cellular plans on top of sales tax?

All Tracfone eBay collected in my state was the 6.75% local sales tax.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    It’s bleeping California highest taxes in the nation. Although NY is very close.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, RP
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Often, Wi-Fi calling is only available on an MVNO on T-Mobile network. Not universally the case.
    VoLTE is often not available on the ATT network.
    Wi-Fi calling generally not available on Verizon MVNOs.

If some of these features are available on net10, then it is a really good deal as long as you don't need to go over 5GB on a regular basis.

For me, this doesn't really fit my needs. My primary cell phone uses more than 5GB/month. My backup phone, 100 minutes is plenty (for $5/month on annual plan).
    iPhone X is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Wow! That's a lot! So is your sales tax around 10.4%, or does your state require some other fees to be collected for cellular plans on top of sales tax?

All Tracfone eBay collected in my state was the 6.75% local sales tax.
    Lucky you to have lower tax. I don't know why so high in SC but kind of kills my enthusiasm to buy it. It is a good deal and nice to know there is that option for cdma but I'll see if I can do the 2gb Red Pocket for another year. I'll just have to watch my data usage.

After the 13% ebay bucks, it will be about 16.50 a month.

I would have loved to be able to use the RP gsm plan with 5gb but phone not compatible. When buying that deal with discount coupon eBay sometimes offers, that is one heck of a deal...maybe they'll come up with a cdma deal in the next year.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Pix wireless has a $20 a month plan with U T&T and 2GB. Not the cheapest but an alternative.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2