Thread: Data balance app ?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Data balance app ?

Using the Tracfone My Account or texting to 611611 shows remaining data in GB with only 2 decimal place accuracy such as 5.75GB. However I’ve seen some postings were people show data in MB with 2 decimal place accuracy such as 5.75MB which is 1,000 times more accurate.

I did some Googling & every “Top 5” type review site is different. I looked at the Google Play Store & there are a lot to choose from.

Anyone using a data balance/usage app that shows in MB that they could recommend?

Thanks.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, Lumia 640XL
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by StymiedToo View Post
    Anyone using a data balance/usage app that shows in MB that they could recommend?
    https://www.fastactportal.com/static/balance will report data balance in MB with two decimal positions. On a phone that uses TF/AT&T, dialing *777*1# [SEND] will get the result in MB quicker, but no decimal positions.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by StymiedToo View Post
    Using the Tracfone My Account or texting to 611611 shows remaining data in GB with only 2 decimal place accuracy such as 5.75GB. However I’ve seen some postings were people show data in MB with 2 decimal place accuracy such as 5.75MB which is 1,000 times more accurate.

I did some Googling & every “Top 5” type review site is different. I looked at the Google Play Store & there are a lot to choose from.

Thanks.
    I used My Data Manager which worked well until I learned that they collect all of your usage data. That's a deal killer for me.

I have also used 3G Watchdog. I don't know if they sell your usage data. Despite 3G in the name it also tracks 4G/LTE data.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Pretty sure the app switches to MB when balance is less than 1GB.

1 MB resolution is of little use when looking at GB

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I’ve playing around with Android Auto & from what I can find it doesn’t use a lot of data. But my phone only came with 1,200MB. Therefore I’d like to find out how much my phone uses when data is kept on while using AA.

I have some small trips coming up & would be looking at the data balance at the start & end.

For example lets say TF shows I have a balance of 1.20GB. If I used 7.6MB vs. 5.1MB for a 50 mile trip that is a 50% difference. However TF would still round off & show 1.20GB, making it difficult to project usage for a 1,200 mile trip.

I’m trying to come up with some real world numbers to see if it’s worth using Android Auto on a 2 week vacation or keep using a GPS.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Just use the data counter in android for that.

It's accurate enough for that. You could even see what different apps are using and decide which apps are worth using for you.

If you are just interested in navigation with Google Maps, there are several good apps that store the map data locally.

I keep data on and use quite a bit but still use a map app with downloaded maps for kong trips. I use Goggle for short/local trips and finding points of interest

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S, Moto e, Lumia 635, Moto G 2nd
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone x3, PPCx2, TMo2Go, TracfoneX3, H20, Tello
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    Pretty sure the app switches to MB when balance is less than 1GB.
    Correct, at least the iOS version does.
    I currently have a line with low data balance and it shows "56.77 MB data remaining".