Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rogers Infinite Wireless Data

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Rogers Infinite Wireless Data

Disclaimer: All my posts, replies, comments and/or opinions expressed on www.howardforums.com are my own contribution only. The views expressed on this page do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of Fido, its management or employees.
    Fritz Z24...

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    While better than their old in-market plans, these are still expensive. So $75/month gives you 10GB of full speed data and that’s just the cost of the plan. To get a subsidy on a phone, it’s an additional cost on top of that. In the US, unlimited is capped at 20-22GB of full speed data for $45-50 per month and that usually includes a subsidized device.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by toolcube View Post
    While better than their old in-market plans, these are still expensive. So $75/month gives you 10GB of full speed data and that’s just the cost of the plan. To get a subsidy on a phone, it’s an additional cost on top of that. In the US, unlimited is capped at 20-22GB of full speed data for $45-50 per month and that usually includes a subsidized device.

Hah. TMobile down here gives me 50GB at full speed, 3GB of tethering, Netflix, unlimited voice/data/sms included serivce in Canada and Mexico, and slow data + sms in +100 countries. Of course $50US is close to $70 CDN

Sent from my LM-G710 using HoFo mobile app
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers, Telus, Bell
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    it looks like they are playing with device subsidies a bit to compensate, which is somewhat positive in the sense that it seems the plan will revert to the BYOD price once the device financing is paid off, but would probably be a negative for people who like that deep initial subsidy.

I like the idea they're moving towards without hard cap overages, although the 250 kbps throttle is a bit stingy, hopefully that will get loosened up over time. These are really good price points for regular consumer plans, for example $95/20GB is excellent and was unheard of prior to this, ditto $125/50GB! Very good price points for heavy users.

Will be interesting to see if Bellus goes down the road of no hard caps, I saw the Telus promotional $75/15GB offer, but that was still hard capped. It seems inevitable, but Verizon held out for a little while on lifting its hard caps (and touted its network quality at the time, like Bellus)

I think you may actually get more money out of soft caps now, as most can manage their hard caps pretty decently, but when presented with "unlimited" people may want to go overboard more, and then get frustrated once they hit the throttle and would be willing to pay to get it lifted.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Wow finally. While this is no where close to how good the Americans and Europeans have it, this is a step in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by crab9000 View Post
    I like the idea they're moving towards without hard cap overages, although the 250 kbps throttle is a bit stingy
    Hmm, they didn't say what the throttle speed would be... For video streaming should be at least 1Mbps.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    The throttle speed is mentioned in the foot notes...256kbps. Phone pretty much turns into a paper weight, so if people need more than 10GB, they’ll have no choice but to buy more speed pass data, bumping that base plan up by $15 increments for each additional 3GB added. As I said earlier, while these plans are better than their old in-market plans, they’re still fairly lousy, especially considering they’re BYOD/no tab. Price goes up if you want a phone subsidy.

Device(s)
    Iphone 7 128GB
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Wonder if the 30% off will still apply to these set of plans?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Unhappy

The throttle speed is mentioned in the foot notes...256kbps. Phone pretty much turns into a paper weight.
    Oh okay so this is nothing like the Americans or Europeans get.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I read that Rogers unlimited let’s you share the data between other devices and lines in your group. Is this true? Any limitations? Bell answer to these plans say non shareable . Comments?

Device(s)
    Galaxy S9, iPhone SE, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS, Koodo, chatr (Mobilicity)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Quote Originally Posted by mddrouillard View Post
    I read that Rogers unlimited let’s you share the data between other devices and lines in your group. Is this true? Any limitations? Bell answer to these plans say non shareable . Comments?
    I read the same thing. I also read how people added a tablet or cellular PC to their Rogers Infinite plan for $10 each. To share data, your friends or family must also be on an Infinite plan.

Bell Unlimited is not shareable, correct.

Here is a good comparison of Rogers Infinite and Bell Unlimited by WhistleOut:

How Do Rogers Infinite and Bell Unlimited Compare to Other Unlimited Plans?
    https://www.whistleout.ca/CellPhones...mited-data/amp
    TELUS: Unlimited Canada-wide Talk, Text and 15+10 GB Data
    Koodo: Unlimited Canada-wide Talk, Text and 8+9 GB Data
    chatr: Unlimited In-zone Talk, Text and Data (20 GB at 3G speed)

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    If other members lines must also be on the infinite plan that just would mean your high speed bucket would grow. Seems ok.

Device(s)
    iPhone8
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, Freedom, Public
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Which US carrier do you imagine gives 20+ GB per month with a subsidized device for $50 (or less) per month???

Even a budget carrier like TMobile does not give away $0 phones (heck a FLIP phone runs you a $3 per month Tab) and asks for a 43 down payment when you buy it (Alcatel GO Flip)

TMobile also charges $70 !!! USD$ for an Unlimited plan, so in the comparison above Rogers is by far a better value, even assuming the CAD$ and USD$ are equivalent
    Koodo $40 Canada Wide + 8GB + 1000 Intl LD
    Public $120 Province Wide + 12GB - $6 Autopay - $12 Loyalty - $45 Refer = $19 per Month
    Freedom $35 ($37-BTS) North America Wide + 8GB + 1GB Roaming

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Peppermint View Post
    Which US carrier do you imagine gives 20+ GB per month with a subsidized device for $50 (or less) per month???

Even a budget carrier like TMobile does not give away $0 phones (heck a FLIP phone runs you a $3 per month Tab) and asks for a 43 down payment when you buy it (Alcatel GO Flip)

TMobile also charges $70 !!! USD$ for an Unlimited plan, so in the comparison above Rogers is by far a better value, even assuming the CAD$ and USD$ are equivalent

In the USA, you have a big discount if you have more then one line.

With T-Mobile, for 148$US, you can have 4 unlimited lines (USA, Mexico and Canada), 4 basic smartphone (REVVL 2 PLUS)...

With Rogers, it's 300$, no roaming, way less "full speed" data, no phone...

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by olic View Post
    In the USA, you have a big discount if you have more then one line.

With T-Mobile, for 148$US, you can have 4 unlimited lines (USA, Mexico and Canada), 4 basic smartphone (REVVL 2 PLUS)...

With Rogers, it's 300$, no roaming, way less "full speed" data, no phone...
    Yep, that's why America is still #1 in my books.

Rogers subscriber base is going to grow with this one. Just tweak the plans every few quarters and you've got a winning solution for all of Canada.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Peppermint View Post

Apart from what the others have said, I work with many US colleagues remotely. One of my colleagues has 2 unlimited lines with T-Mobile. She told me she pays $50/month per line and got 2 discounted/subsidized iPhones. I don’t know if that’s an in-market plan or not, but the full speed data cap was more than 10GB (can’t remember what she said it was exactly but it was far more than 10). Plus I don’t think the throttled rate for any US carrier is 256kbps...that’s literally 2G speed and good luck using a device for any data other than email at that speed. So while these new Rogers/Bell unlimited plans are unlimited in the sense of no overage fees, they’re essentially still only 10GB plans (base) if you really think about it. Also, I remember AT&T and Verizon running ads for $160/month for 4 lines (40 per line), unlimited data (22GB at full speed) and 4 free/subsidized phones.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast