Thread: Pixel died help moving back to old phone until I can replace? Replacement options?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Pixel died help moving back to old phone until I can replace? Replacement options?

My original Pixel has stopped working. I have a Moto e4 that still works that was on Verizon prepaid for 2 years. Can I move my number to it until I can find a replacement? Do I need to go into Verizon to do this and will they charge me $40 to activate? Hopefully this can be done online or via chat?

I don't want to spend much to replace it and was hoping to wait and find something on sale. Costco might have a Samsung S9 for $299. Other options I found are Moto Z4 for $240 and LG G7 ThinQ for $240 or a Pixel 3a for $350. All of these would be + activation I believe. Thanks for any help.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, RP
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by sprtfan View Post
    My original Pixel has stopped working. I have a Moto e4 that still works that was on Verizon prepaid for 2 years. Can I move my number to it until I can find a replacement? Do I need to go into Verizon to do this and will they charge me $40 to activate? Hopefully this can be done online or via chat?

I don't want to spend much to replace it and was hoping to wait and find something on sale. Costco might have a Samsung S9 for $299. Other options I found are Moto Z4 for $240 and LG G7 ThinQ for $240 or a Pixel 3a for $350. All of these would be + activation I believe. Thanks for any help.
    Was it purchased for Prepaid? Unlocked for postpaid use? If so, you can use it. You could test by putting the SIM in it.
    iPhone X is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Just take the sim card from your Pixel and put it in your Moto e4. No need to do anything else and nobody will charge you for it.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by jack4 View Post
    Just take the sim card from your Pixel and put it in your Moto e4. No need to do anything else and nobody will charge you for it.
    Did it and it works fine. Thanks for the help. Costco does have the Samsung S9 for $299 that seems like a good deal. Just need to decide if I should wait or not.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, RP
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by sprtfan View Post
    Did it and it works fine. Thanks for the help. Costco does have the Samsung S9 for $299 that seems like a good deal. Just need to decide if I should wait or not.
    Lucky that it wasn't locked to Verizon Prepaid.

That Galaxy S9 IS pretty competitively priced, assuming it is available at a convenient location for you.