Thread: ATT prepaid questions

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

ATT prepaid questions

Hi, I am new to ATT. Forgive me whether these questions were answered before

I am currently on a $45 ($40 with autopay) plan. I found another thread about setting up autopay in ATT and also auto purchase in callingmart and it worked. I have few questions

1) Since callingmart doesn't always have a better discount during the auto purchase date I am thinking about purchasing few pins during discount months and keep it. Any idea how long I can keep the pin without adding to att account. Does pin have any expiration date?
    2) I saw another plan $50 ($40 with autopay) , comparing to my current plan $45($40 with autopay), I will be paying the same but get 2GB more. Any thoughts whether I can switch to it just before next renewal. Any catch or fine prints on this $50 plan?
    3) I don't see a $50 denomination in calling mart - Att monthly plan pin purchase. WHat should I do, can I purchase any denomination and refill (for ex there's $60 and $85) Does it matter with what denomination we are refilling the monthly plan balance
    4) Looked at the Sprint $25 kickstart unlimited plan but skeptical about the data speed comparing to ATT and still looking at the reviews

Appreciate your time and thanks in advance

Thanks

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by itsfighter View Post
    Hi, I am new to ATT. Forgive me whether these questions were answered before

I am currently on a $45 ($40 with autopay) plan. I found another thread about setting up autopay in ATT and also auto purchase in callingmart and it worked. I have few questions

1) Since callingmart doesn't always have a better discount during the auto purchase date I am thinking about purchasing few pins during discount months and keep it. Any idea how long I can keep the pin without adding to att account. Does pin have any expiration date?
    2) I saw another plan $50 ($40 with autopay) , comparing to my current plan $45($40 with autopay), I will be paying the same but get 2GB more. Any thoughts whether I can switch to it just before next renewal. Any catch or fine prints on this $50 plan?
    3) I don't see a $50 denomination in calling mart - Att monthly plan pin purchase. WHat should I do, can I purchase any denomination and refill (for ex there's $60 and $85) Does it matter with what denomination we are refilling the monthly plan balance
    4) Looked at the Sprint $25 kickstart unlimited plan but skeptical about the data speed comparing to ATT and still looking at the reviews

Appreciate your time and thanks in advance

Thanks
    Hey

1) I don’t believe the Pins have any expiration. I could be wrong tho
    2) the 2 gigs more is the only difference really but right now att directly is offering a promo plan of 16 gigs (8 plan data and 8 bonus data) while Walmart just recently released their own promo plan of 25 gigs (8 plan data and 17 bonus). Which can be real useful if you wish to stream a lot or would be enough without feeling the need for unlimited with no hotspot. I’m really enjoying my 16 gig plan it works well especially with rollover
    3) Callingmart I believe has RTR which I think they have that 50 domination which can still be discounted. They have a few drop downs you can select from and I think that’s the one.
    4) Can’t fully say for sure about sprint. Never had them long enough as a carrier.

Hope that helps

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    for #1 - from what i could find, the pins do not expire. but i wouldn't push your luck and buy too many.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherbv View Post
    Hey

2) the 2 gigs more is the only difference really but right now att directly is offering a promo plan of 16 gigs (8 plan data and 8 bonus data) while Walmart just recently released their own promo plan of 25 gigs (8 plan data and 17 bonus). Which can be real useful if you wish to stream a lot or would be enough without feeling the need for unlimited with no hotspot. I’m really enjoying my 16 gig plan it works well especially with rollover
    3) Callingmart I believe has RTR which I think they have that 50 domination which can still be discounted. They have a few drop downs you can select from and I think that’s the one.
    4) Can’t fully say for sure about sprint. Never had them long enough as a carrier.

Hope that helps
    Tthanks
    #2 Is there a way to get the new promotion increased data without losing my number. I just switched from att postpaid to prepaid keeping the same number

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, RP
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    The denominations on callingmart appear to just be how much you are buying. Doesn't have to match your plan. Sometimes I've been $5 or $10 over for a given month, then make up for it a following month.

If you don't mind getting ahead, you can always buy a $100 denomination one and add it to your account. It lasts a year, but would be used up much sooner on a $40/month plan.

The only downside of going over a little is if you decide to leave for whatever reason (to go to a good offer on another carrier, or temporarily leave so you can come back for a new better offer on ATT). In my case, when I left I had a $5 balance on ATT. Though I probably could have saved it if I had combined the account with my remaining account on ATT, but for $5 it wasn't worth the bother.
    iPhone X is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    The denominations on callingmart appear to just be how much you are buying. Doesn't have to match your plan. Sometimes I've been $5 or $10 over for a given month, then make up for it a following month.

If you don't mind getting ahead, you can always buy a $100 denomination one and add it to your account. It lasts a year, but would be used up much sooner on a $40/month plan.

The only downside of going over a little is if you decide to leave for whatever reason (to go to a good offer on another carrier, or temporarily leave so you can come back for a new better offer on ATT). In my case, when I left I had a $5 balance on ATT. Though I probably could have saved it if I had combined the account with my remaining account on ATT, but for $5 it wasn't worth the bother.
    Thanks. So I can buy a 100$ refill pin eventhough its not a monthly plan and refill online?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Hey

Hope that helps
    I mostly use it to check emails and for websites/deals and whatsapp at office. if I have more data would love to stream some music. Not sure whether we can get the new promotions from att/walmart without new number/connection. Thanks

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I mostly use it to check emails and for websites/deals and whatsapp at office. if I have more data would love to stream some music. Not sure whether we can get the new promotions from att/walmart without new number/connection. Thanks
    I mean you can try calling customer service to see if they can add it for you. Can’t hurt to try. If not you could port out briefly and back in. Others have reported doing that to get the promo. Just a thought

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, RP
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Thanks. So I can buy a 100$ refill pin eventhough its not a monthly plan and refill online?
    Yes.

I have traditionally bought the plans where I get a PIN, then enter it myself. I did the $100 pin once.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    Yes.

I have traditionally bought the plans where I get a PIN, then enter it myself. I did the $100 pin once.
    Thanks. Calling mart has a higher denomination of $80 for the monthly plan. Look like I can get just the ordinary refill of $100 and use it . it doesn't have to be a monthly plan pin. Correct me If I am wrong

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I mean you can try calling customer service to see if they can add it for you. Can’t hurt to try. If not you could port out briefly and back in. Others have reported doing that to get the promo. Just a thought
    I called them and as we thought it's only for new lines and she suggested to get a new line if I am not worried about losing the number or change to $50 plan so I get 2 GB more.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I called them and as we thought it's only for new lines and she suggested to get a new line if I am not worried about losing the number or change to $50 plan so I get 2 GB more.
    Darn sorry man at least you tried tho