Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Does Spectrum Mobile have Domestic Roaming?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Does Spectrum Mobile have Domestic Roaming?

I'm in the process of getting Spectrum Internet and also planning to leave T-Mo for Spectrum Mobile and i was wondering if they have also have Extended Network like Verizon does? I'm asking this because i was looking at their map and noticed quite a few holes in their map compared to Verizon's map especially in Eastern West Virginia where Verizon relies on roaming with USCC and supposedly with AT&T 3G in certain markets back there according to their non CDMA map.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by oldsoul1989; 06-20-2019 at 10:48 AM.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Thanks for sharing. So if I understood that right it's limited to only Verizon's towers and there's no domestic roaming which means no USCC coverage.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6S, OG Pixel XL, Apple iPad 3 (VZW variant)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon), T-Mobile, FreedomPop (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by oldsoul1989 View Post
    Thanks for sharing. So if I understood that right it's limited to only Verizon's towers and there's no domestic roaming which means no USCC coverage.
    Exactly right. MVNOs don’t typically receive domestic roaming privileges. Some MVNOs do have roaming but they are also more expensive.

If USCC/AT&T roaming coverage is a need, then you might be better off staying with T-Mobile or moving to Verizon directly.
    My common forum nick: GenesisDH.

R.I.P. Circuit City

We are the Bor... the new AT&T: Your World, Assimilated.

1000th post: Sept. 29th, 2008, 17:42 CDT

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    The only place that i would have needed roaming is about 5 to 7 miles from Verizon Coverage between Rt. 60 and I-64 and since I'm not back there but once or twice a year I guess i could do without the roaming since I would have WiFi Calling on Spectrum and Verizon does good from there to where I live with the exception of that area and an area on the VA/NC border.

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Some MVNOs have LTEiRA (Extended), some even have roaming, although I believe America Movil has their own roaming agreements. I found a map of Xfinity Mobile and they don't have Extended or roaming either, which really sucks. In the early days of LTEiRA, Verizon's system literally couldn't figure out it wasn't Verizon, so all devices on Verizon LTE had extended, but those days are obviously over.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan76 View Post
    Some MVNOs have LTEiRA (Extended), some even have roaming, although I believe America Movil has their own roaming agreements. I found a map of Xfinity Mobile and they don't have Extended or roaming either, which really sucks. In the early days of LTEiRA, Verizon's system literally couldn't figure out it wasn't Verizon, so all devices on Verizon LTE had extended, but those days are obviously over.
    I don’t know whether that is true about Xfinity. I’m pretty sure I roam on US Cellular in VT. I’ve also traveled quite a bit domestically and haven’t had a real “no service” issue yet. I even roamed well in Europe recently.

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by VTtraveller View Post
    I don’t know whether that is true about Xfinity. I’m pretty sure I roam on US Cellular in VT. I’ve also traveled quite a bit domestically and haven’t had a real “no service” issue yet. I even roamed well in Europe recently.
    It's quite possible that the map is wrong, but the map doesn't show any roaming or extended coverage.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Do you use Verizon postpaid, prepaid, or an MVNO? If MVNO, would you specify which one for reference?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Haas_Dave View Post
    Do you use Verizon postpaid, prepaid, or an MVNO? If MVNO, would you specify which one for reference?
    Xfinity Mobile

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, LG G3, Moto G7 Power/E4/G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, PagePlus, TracFone, Tello, TMO, Xfinity
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I also roamed briefly with Xfinity Mobile on US Cellular in So. VT, on Rte 9 between Wilmington and Bennington (CDMA voice).

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Does Spectrum Mobile have Domestic Roaming?

Okay, since Xfinity Mobile is basically a similar setup to Spectrum (in fact they use similar website designs it seems), then it’s probable the same would be the case as far as roaming.

Just need to know someone with Spectum Mobile to confirm. Most everyone I know here hates Spectrum internet (including our household, we use Google Fiber) so it might take some additional research.

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Haas_Dave View Post
    Just need to know someone with Spectum Mobile to confirm. Most everyone I know here hates Spectrum internet (including our household, we use Google Fiber) so it might take some additional research.
    If you've got Google Fiber, Spectrum would be a little interest to you, but many are stuck with Spectrum or XFinity anyway, so it would well make sense to look at their mobile options.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Actually I did find on the bottom of Spectrum's map where you can select Extended LTE and 3G and surprisingly it shows 3G in grey in that part of WV which is USCC coverage as well as Extended LTE in dark red on the VA/NC border so I guess they do have roaming coverage after all.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan76 View Post
    If you've got Google Fiber, Spectrum would be a little interest to you, but many are stuck with Spectrum or XFinity anyway, so it would well make sense to look at their mobile options.
    Charter-Spectrum and AT&T are the only two providers in my town with Spectrum being the only one available at my complex.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast