Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25

Thread: PCMag: AT&T; it's America's fastest mobile network in 2019.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    3,649
    Device(s)
    iPhone Xs 256 GB Gold (Dual SIM)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility, T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

    PCMag: AT&T; it's America's fastest mobile network in 2019.

    https://www.pcmag.com/Fastest-Mobile-Networks

    Lots of good info in the article and very transparent testing methodology.
    AT&T: 2008, 2012-2014, 2016-Present
    T-Mobile: 2011-2012, 2015, 2017-2019
    Verizon: 2010 via Straight Talk for 2 months, 2018
    Sprint: Couldn't pay me to use them

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,045
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeuten View Post
    https://www.pcmag.com/Fastest-Mobile-Networks

    Lots of good info in the article and very transparent testing methodology.
    Oh is TMobile slowing down lol

    Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    8,793
    Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeuten View Post
    https://www.pcmag.com/Fastest-Mobile-Networks

    Lots of good info in the article and very transparent testing methodology.
    I believe it. At&t has been 100+ for me just about everywhere

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,173
    Device(s)
    iPhone 7+ 128 GB Jet Black
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Hahahaha yeah not in my area, and I live in a smaller town. Speeds were 60+ Mbps 2 years ago. 30-40 during 5 o’clock rush hour. Now the max I see is 5 during rush hour but goes up to almost 20 Mbps late at night when everyone is sleeping (past midnight).


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    3,649
    Device(s)
    iPhone Xs 256 GB Gold (Dual SIM)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility, T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by freakonomics101 View Post
    Hahahaha yeah not in my area, and I live in a smaller town. Speeds were 60+ Mbps 2 years ago. 30-40 during 5 o’clock rush hour. Now the max I see is 5 during rush hour but goes up to almost 20 Mbps late at night when everyone is sleeping (past midnight).


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Have you tried not using a 3 year old phone, something with AWS-3 and Band 14?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    3,649
    Device(s)
    iPhone Xs 256 GB Gold (Dual SIM)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility, T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by thotguy31 View Post
    Oh is TMobile slowing down lol

    Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
    They are tapped out on spectrum.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    1,516
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeuten View Post
    https://www.pcmag.com/Fastest-Mobile-Networks

    Lots of good info in the article and very transparent testing methodology.
    Att is definitely flexing their spectrum muscle!!! I do think they are starting tap out of spectrum in a lot of markets.. where we are seeing 4/5x ca, but it’s impressive nonetheless. Verizon/TMO have held up well with density, but the lack of spectrum for both is starting to show as att keeps thriving.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,045
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeuten View Post
    They are tapped out on spectrum.
    I know.

    Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    3,780
    Device(s)
    Galaxy S6 Active
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Posted this in the speed test thread as well. At&t won every region on rural/ suburban testing. Tied VZW in the northeast.

    Sent from my SM-N960U 6GB aka Note 9 using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,173
    Device(s)
    iPhone 7+ 128 GB Jet Black
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeuten View Post
    Have you tried not using a 3 year old phone, something with AWS-3 and Band 14?
    iPhone X. iPad Pro 10.5. iPhone SE. AT&T Nighthawk and UE.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,125
    Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, RP
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Here in Oklahoma ATT Prepaid is faster generally for me than Verizon Prepaid where I've tested it.

    I went with Verizon Prepaid a month ago for the better travel coverage and the bonus data.
    iPhone X is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    3,596
    Device(s)
    iPhone X 256GB, iPad Pro 11" 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, Unreal Mobile, Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by freakonomics101 View Post
    iPhone X. iPad Pro 10.5. iPhone SE. AT&T Nighthawk and UE.
    It burns. :-P

    —Kidd
    Hear me on Twitter: @alexkidd1 / Fun connection:

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    291
    Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    T-Mobile doesn't have a ton of extra spectrum, but they're not exactly running out of spectrum either. They have about double the spectrum Verizon has per customer, maybe only half again as much when you account for the geographic distribution of their customers, but still. They need to shut down GSM and Faux G, which are both wasting spectrum.

    T's network is pretty impressive now that they are rolling out B66, B14, etc, and rebuilding sites that only had a couple of bands to now have 5 or more bands.

    Quote Originally Posted by Joeybutts View Post
    Posted this in the speed test thread as well. At&t won every region on rural/ suburban testing. Tied VZW in the northeast.
    VZW better in CT? What are they smoking? CT is an AT&T state in a sea of red all around.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Oklahoma City / Salt Lake City
    Posts
    2,182
    Device(s)
    iPhone X🅂, Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile & Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

    PCMag: AT&T; it's America's fastest mobile network in 2019.

    Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan76 View Post
    T-Mobile doesn't have a ton of extra spectrum, but they're not exactly running out of spectrum either. They have about double the spectrum Verizon has per customer, maybe only half again as much when you account for the geographic distribution of their customers, but still. They need to shut down GSM and Faux G, which are both wasting spectrum.

    T's network is pretty impressive now that they are rolling out B66, B14, etc, and rebuilding sites that only had a couple of bands to now have 5 or more bands.



    VZW better in CT? What are they smoking? CT is an AT&T state in a sea of red all around.
    In the Top 50 markets/CMAs, Verizon has 113MHz; T-Mobile has 111MHz on average. Where did you get T-Mobile has “double” the spectral assets of Verizon?

    Edit: Not including mmWave assets.
    -Bentley


    5-carrier aggregation with LAA (4+46+46+46+66) in Oklahoma City, OK on AT&T's commercial network

    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
    -Albert Einstein

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,045
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    In my area TMO and VZW have the same amount of low band. 40 mhz each. 10x10+10x10B5 vzw. 5x5B12+15x15 B71. They would go past if the merger passes and you add 5x5 B26

    Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-18-2018, 02:52 PM
  2. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 08-26-2015, 03:10 AM
  3. PCMag declares Rogers the fastest mobile network in Canada
    By Rogerlebo in forum Rogers/Fido/Chat-r
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-17-2013, 07:31 AM
  4. Fastest Mobile Networks in 2011 - PCMag
    By bzeringue in forum Sprint
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 07-03-2011, 08:28 AM
  5. Fastest Mobile Networks in 2011 - PCMag
    By bzeringue in forum Rants
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 07-03-2011, 08:28 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks