Feedback Score

Ophone 6s latest ios update causing problems

- texting problems- using mms and sms this phone is not working half the time,I try turning mms on/off to get texts thru, sometimes it works,sometimes it doesn't. Also on Pageplus service, never had a problem in years, now can't get past 1x service,even tho the bars on the phone look like 3-4. So no data at all working on cell service. Is this a carrier issue? Or a phone issue? Or an update issue? I'd love to revert back and delete the update, but can't find out how. help please!!! this has been happening since I got 12.3.1 update

Phone
    OnePlus 7T, Apple iPhone 6S, Apple iPad 3 (VZW variant)
    Carrier
    T-Mobile, Verizon Prepaid, Total Wireless (Verizon), FreedomPop (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Have you tried the sim in a different phone?

Also check for updates to the carrier file (Settings-General-About and wait to see if an update box pops up).

If the above yields no results, I would restore the phone using a computer. You usually can’t go backward to previous updates on iOS devices. But in this specific case, you can go back to 12.3 if you restore from your computer in DFU mode.
    My common forum nick: GenesisDH.

R.I.P. Circuit City

We are the Bor... the new AT&T: Your World, Assimilated.

1000th post: Sept. 29th, 2008, 17:42 CDT

Phone
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I have a 6S too, but don't have any problem like yours, I am with Verizon prepaid.

Phone
    Pixel 3a
    Carrier
    Mint with Google Voice
    Feedback Score
    Use 3uTools to revert back to a previous iOS version if you feel that will fix your issue.

www.3u.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Haas_Dave View Post
    Have you tried the sim in a different phone?

Also check for updates to the carrier file (Settings-General-About and wait to see if an update box pops up).

If the above yields no results, I would restore the phone using a computer. You usually can’t go backward to previous updates on iOS devices. But in this specific case, you can go back to 12.3 if you restore from your computer in DFU mode.
    I looked up and tried DFU mode on itunes- it gave me a box that said I could restore the phone, but that meant completely erasing everything and updating to the latest ios- I didn't see any other options...what I have is the latest update,and trying to get rid of it somehow if possible. Am I missing something? thanks for the advice

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by prof68 View Post
    Use 3uTools to revert back to a previous iOS version if you feel that will fix your issue.

www.3u.com

3Utools...is this an app I load into my phone to use? I will look for that thanks.

Phone
    Pixel 3a
    Carrier
    Mint with Google Voice
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hsmama View Post
    3Utools...is this an app I load into my phone to use? I will look for that thanks.
    No, your PC.

Phone
    OnePlus 7T, Apple iPhone 6S, Apple iPad 3 (VZW variant)
    Carrier
    T-Mobile, Verizon Prepaid, Total Wireless (Verizon), FreedomPop (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    I looked up and tried DFU mode on itunes- it gave me a box that said I could restore the phone, but that meant completely erasing everything and updating to the latest ios- I didn't see any other options...what I have is the latest update,and trying to get rid of it somehow if possible. Am I missing something? thanks for the advice
    Sorry, yeah, a few steps.
    1) Make sure you have the iOS firmware downloaded. A good location to get the firmware is ipsw.me
    A firmware with a green check mark beside it means it can be restored to currently.
    2) Once the IPSW is downloaded, keep a note of where it is, then go back and DFU mode your phone and open iTunes.
    3) You have to shift-click (Windows) or option-click (Mac) the restore button. From there, it will show a file explorer to find the file you downloaded. Point it to the IPSW file you downloaded.
    4) Go through the restore process as normal.

Feedback Score
    Ok I've been thinking (and wishing I could edit and fix my title here!) I'm pretty sure the main problem is this, when I'm not on wifi, imessage won't work b/c my cell service is crap right now(seems logical) since no matter where I am,I get either 1 bar,or a the 1x symbol displaying even tho I se 3-4 bars. Does this seem rational? and if so ,it means it's a carrier problem with the new update? (also discovered imessage not syncing with ipad, previously used to get mesg on both devices at once,now I either get on ipad,or iphone but not both)

Phone
    iPhone 8
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Yes, this is a PagePlus issue.

Also, you will not be able to use data features such as iMessage or send MMS without a good data connection. 1x won't work no matter how many "bars" you have.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by motorcycle mama View Post
    Yes, this is a PagePlus issue.

Also, you will not be able to use data features such as iMessage or send MMS without a good data connection. 1x won't work no matter how many "bars" you have.
    I agree....after a few phone calls and some hours...PP customer service is interesting- they walked me thru a couple of resets that seemed to fix the problem. I now have regular bars and service it seems. thanks for all the tips on fixing this.

Feedback Score

Same here

- texting problems- using mms and sms this phone is not working half the time,I try turning mms on/off to get texts thru, sometimes it works,sometimes it doesn't. Also on Pageplus service, never had a problem in years, now can't get past 1x service,even tho the bars on the phone look like 3-4. So no data at all working on cell service. Is this a carrier issue? Or a phone issue? Or an update issue? I'd love to revert back and delete the update, but can't find out how. help please!!! this has been happening since I got 12.3.1 update

yes you're right it is happening since 12.3.1 update. Facing the same issue.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesmarsh30 View Post
    yes you're right it is happening since 12.3.1 update. Facing the same issue.
    Well it seems it was my third tier carrier that didn't update the settings to go with the new ios,and once we reset it two or three times it's working again(mostly,I still don't get notified of voicemails tho)

Feedback Score
    No problems with Verizon Postpaid and same iphone 6S. It is a carrier issue and more likely to happen on MVNO’s apparently.

Ios 13 is just around the corner and should be much better. Apple iphone 6S will be compatible. The iphone 6 will not be supported any longer by Apple and will not work with ios 13.