Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8, iPad Mini 4, Blackberry KEY 2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Free or cheap data plan suggestions

Aside from freedompop are there any other cellphone plans that offer data for free or very cheap? I only need little amount of data to run Zello maybe 200mb at the absolute most... only requirement is it has to be on AT&T and tmobile only (att prefered) as the device I'm going to be using doesn't support sprint at all... I was also looking at pay per usage but I don't know if that would be good as a set monthly plan... any suggestions?

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitieiii View Post
    Aside from freedompop are there any other cellphone plans that offer data for free or very cheap? I only need little amount of data to run Zello maybe 200mb at the absolute most... only requirement is it has to be on AT&T and tmobile only (att prefered) as the device I'm going to be using doesn't support sprint at all... I was also looking at pay per usage but I don't know if that would be good as a set monthly plan... any suggestions?
    I think the FP 1GB/mo annual prepaid plan for $49.99, or as low as $34.99 with recent sales. is the best value. Actually, it's on sale for $39.99 right now, so only $3.33/mo, at https://www.bestbuy.com/site/freedom...?skuId=6187400 or https://www.ebay.com/itm/FreedomPop-...t/192530921373.

But since you don't want to use FP, Red Pocket had 100/100/500 on sale for $50/360 days, but the regular price is only $60, which should also work, just a little more cost for less data than FP. https://www.ebay.com/itm/5-Mo-Red-Po...B/133058476404

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Keep in mind that the 12-month plans Boz1 suggested do not require you to give FreedomPop you credit card info

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    I think the FP 1GB/mo annual prepaid plan for $49.99, or as low as $34.99 with recent sales. is the best value. Actually, it's on sale for $39.99 right now, so only $3.33/mo, at https://www.bestbuy.com/site/freedom...?skuId=6187400 or https://www.ebay.com/itm/FreedomPop-...t/192530921373.

But since you don't want to use FP, Red Pocket had 100/100/500 on sale for $50/360 days, but the regular price is only $60, which should also work, just a little more cost for less data than FP. https://www.ebay.com/itm/5-Mo-Red-Po...B/133058476404
    That link is to an auction for $60 so how do I find the $50 offer?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by daleraver View Post
    That link is to an auction for $60 so how do I find the $50 offer?
    It's not an auction. It's simply $60. You missed the $50 sale. That's why I said "Red Pocket had 100/100/500 on sale for $50/360 days." It was at https://www.ebay.com/itm/133075397382 .

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    How is speedtalk mobile? Anyone use them? Im thinking of picking up one of their plans maybe the $5.00/30days 250mb smartwatch plan or $7.50/30 days smartwatch plan with 375mb of data or should I just go with some of the more known ones like unreal mobile $19.99/90days 1GB LTE U/L 2G or T-Mobile tablet plan $10/30 days for 2GB LTE U/L 2G... thoughts? I'd love to have the FreedomPop free plan but there isn't anyway to stop them from randomly charging you for something and i wouldn't know how much is being withdrawn... I did have the government free phone plan in one phone for use with zello but having to make one call per month wasn't something i was willing to do to keep to activated and let it go... I don't even make a phone call on my main phone some months!

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    How is speedtalk mobile? Anyone use them? Im thinking of picking up one of their plans maybe the $5.00/30days 250mb smartwatch plan or $7.50/30 days smartwatch plan with 375mb of data or should I just go with some of the more known ones like unreal mobile $19.99/90days 1GB LTE U/L 2G or T-Mobile tablet plan $10/30 days for 2GB LTE U/L 2G... thoughts? I'd love to have the FreedomPop free plan but there isn't anyway to stop them from randomly charging you for something and i wouldn't know how much is being withdrawn... I did have the government free phone plan in one phone for use with zello but having to make one call per month wasn't something i was willing to do to keep to activated and let it go... I don't even make a phone call on my main phone some months!
    Why would you want to pay $60/360 days (paid monthly) for 250MB/30 days or $90/360 days (paid monthly) for 375MB/30 days or even $79.96/360 days (paid $19.99/90 days) for 1GB/30 days, when you can get 1GB/mo for 12 months for only $39.99? I don't understand. Also, I don't understand why you keep talking about the FP free plan when nobody has suggested that.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Freeup mobile has 200mb for $10. Comes with unlimited talk and text.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    On top of that... SpeedTalk activation site would not even allow me to activate a prepaid 1 month $5 SIM that I bought off their eBay listing without entering a CC. So I ended up throwing away the SIM. I don't like companies auto charging my CC every month. Then you have to jump through hoops when you don't want the service anymore.

Sent from my LM-X410.FGN using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Freedompop or redpocket are probably the best options as already mentioned.

Surgephone is free with 1gb on tmobile but you have to install a slow homescreen launcher with ads and keep it on the phone.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by munkala View Post
    On top of that... SpeedTalk activation site would not even allow me to activate a prepaid 1 month $5 SIM that I bought off their eBay listing without entering a CC. So I ended up throwing away the SIM. I don't like companies auto charging my CC every month. Then you have to jump through hoops when you don't want the service anymore.

Sent from my LM-X410.FGN using HoFo mobile app
    Isn't that most all companies?

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Isn't that most all companies?
    No, most prepaid companies including Airvoice, H2O, RedPocket, Cricket, Metro, Boost, Virgin, AT&T Prepaid, T-Mobile Prepaid, all the TracFone companies and probably many more do not require a credit card to activate. They accept either airtime cards or PINs or else cash at a corporate store or authorized dealer. With a prefunded SIM like mulkala is using, no payment should be needed at all. Even FreedomPop activates prefunded SIMs without requiring a payment method.
    Compare prepaid plans from all operators at PrepaidCompare.net.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Why would you want to pay $60/360 days (paid monthly) for 250MB/30 days or $90/360 days (paid monthly) for 375MB/30 days or even $79.96/360 days (paid $19.99/90 days) for 1GB/30 days, when you can get 1GB/mo for 12 months for only $39.99? I don't understand. Also, I don't understand why you keep talking about the FP free plan when nobody has suggested that.
    Cheaper for me to pay per month or per 3 months then per year because funds wouldn't allow me to plunk a years payment all at once... Even if just one month.. lul but on another note where can this FreedomPop utnt 1GB year plan be bought? What is the best way to renew the plan? Buy another sim card with the plan?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeswap View Post
    No, most prepaid companies including Airvoice, H2O, RedPocket, Cricket, Metro, Boost, Virgin, AT&T Prepaid, T-Mobile Prepaid, all the TracFone companies and probably many more do not require a credit card to activate. They accept either airtime cards or PINs or else cash at a corporate store or authorized dealer. With a prefunded SIM like mulkala is using, no payment should be needed at all. Even FreedomPop activates prefunded SIMs without requiring a payment method.
    True... I haven't delt with companies that use airtime cards or such so i forgot about that... My mum used to do the airtime cards for TracFone but she would always forget so she now automatically buys the airtime cards from TracFone and automatically gets applied to her account

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast