Thread: Network Mode issue/Receiving call issue

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Network Mode issue/Receiving call issue

Has any one else with a Verizon based phone could not receive phone call, but was still able to make phone calls? I have been running into this random issue. I have been running into this issue for about month or two, and Straight Talk support never could figure it out. They keep on saying that there is no issue. So I was troubleshooting for a while. I might have figure it out.

I decided to play with the settings. Here is what I found. If you use CDMA with the J7 Crown S767VL, J7 Crown S767VL will not receive phone calls at all. If you use CDMA/LTE even with VoLTE enabled or not, the phone will randomly receive calls, but most of the time receiving no calls. Since those was only options in the Network Mode settings, I thought of the secret menu might give me more options. That menu code was disabled tho. So I knew that there was app that let you get into the secret menu or change that Network Mode setting. So I downloaded it, and it was able to switch the network modes even farther. So I switched to LTE only, I have been receiving calls on this phone since setting this setting. At least I have not received any complains since doing this.

I know my other phones does not have this issue. The only thing that I can think of is since this phone is Exynos based, there is something wrong with the CDMA radio or programming that is causing this. I don't have any other Exynos based phone that support the Verizon towers to test any farther right now. Most of my other phones are Snapdragon based, and they work just fine.

I thought I would post this just in case someone else is getting this issue even if it is on another CDMA based Tracfone brands too.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Do you mean the *#*#4636#*#* INFO menu? A lot of carrier branded phones have that locked out. Motos tend to have it. What is the app you used to get around this?

Could be that Verizon is mucking around with CDMA on the way to the shutdown. They don't care, as almost all their customers are on VoLTE.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Yep, I am talking about *#*#4636#*#* info menu. I am used an app called Network Mode for now. Plus I have not found one that uses no ads tho. Another thing is somethings in that menu is kinda broken too. At least "Set Preferred Network Type" works using that app tho.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Also something to check if the MEID for the CDMA programming is somehow messed up. Some CDMA phones used a variant of the MDN and others used a completely different number. Just my .002.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by dubya575 View Post
    Also something to check if the MEID for the CDMA programming is somehow messed up. Some CDMA phones used a variant of the MDN and others used a completely different number. Just my .002.
    As far as I know, the MEID is correct. Straight Talk even verified a lot of numbers. They even want me to do a full reset, but I have a few apps that will not backup unless you use some hard steps to back them up. It took me three hours to just do that one app.

After thinking about it deeply, this started right after the S767VLUDU3ASC2. Then about the same time, my service end date got messed about then too. So not sure what one could have caused this issue too.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    New update to this issue. I am wondering if Verizon is playing with the towers in my area. My aunt reported to me that she tried calling my grandma's phone which I have not checked the setting yet was doing about the same thing that my phone was doing. Then I explain a bit more to my aunt, and she said she has had other friend's phones do the same thing. The only thing that is a little different is she gets about 3 or 4 rings before it drops to voicemail, but I think this is because she is on AT&T with her phone. I asked her if she knew what towers they was on, and she said Verizon. So I am not sure how many other people is having this issue in my area.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Update number two this issue. I switched back to my J7 Sky Pro S727VL, but with the J7 Crown S767VL SIM. I did not have the issue. So I tried the SIM in another J7 Crown S767VL. It didn't have the same issue. Once the 2nd J7 Crown S767VL upgraded to the newest firmware, it had the same issue. So there is an issue with the newest firmware for the J7 Crown S767VL that does not keep the phone fully connected it seems.