Thread: Does the MEID number matter?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Does the MEID number matter?

Weird.
    I was just trying to activate one of those new one year cards.
    Seemed to work fine --- except --- minutes etc won't show up, except service date.

Then: I look closer: and the account online shows all old MEID numbers associated with the active phones.
    Is that a reason for concern?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Are you sure they are MEID numbers and not IMEI? 3G phones only had an MEID number. You can't activate a 3G phone anymore on Verizon if that's what you are trying to do.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I need to clarify:
    When I log into my account online, it shows the active devices up top (4 total).
    For each, it shows (with a blue background) a number (IMEI or MEID - not sure), followed by the active phone number of that phone.
    In two cases, that long number before the phone number does not match the actual phone, but an older one. So it looks like that in those two cases, that number was not updated during the most recent transfer.
    Does that matter?

BTW: the re-load of the special Tracfone offer worked out fine regardless, it just took a while for the minutes, data, texts to show up.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, Lumia 640XL
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by FT_VZW View Post
    For each, it shows (with a blue background) a number (IMEI or MEID - not sure), followed by the active phone number of that phone. In two cases, that long number before the phone number does not match the actual phone, but an older one. So it looks like that in those two cases, that number was not updated during the most recent transfer.
    Does that matter?
    That's just the "nickname" for that phone/SIM. When you first add a phone/SIM to your account (before activation), that will be the phone's serial number or SIM number, depending on what you typed in. When that phone/SIM is activated, a phone number is appended to it. If you later transfer that phone number to another phone, the old serial number or SIM number doesn't get updated. On the same blue line, you can click on ALL OPTIONS-->EDIT NICKNAME and change it to whatever you like (there's a limit on the length of the nickname).

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Thanks a lot, that eases my mind!