Thread: Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna Pro Google Delete

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna Pro Google Delete

I have a Samsung Galaxy J3 Luna Pro with Tracfone and each time I turn on the phone, after a minute, the screen changes to the Google sign in page. This is so annoying and I do not want this screen to appear each time I turn on the phone. I did log-in to my Google account once on this phone and it was so cumbersome to log-out and erase the cookies/history, etc., I forgot what I did. It's almost like once I signed into Google, this phone wants me permanently connected to it.

I am a senior citizen user and want the least inter-connectivity of apps, programs, etc.. I want to be in control of the phone, not the other way around. Also, each time I turn on the phone, there is a 1 logo in a circle next to the "Internet" app and I can't figure out how to get rid of it. Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Well, you are running a Google (Android) phone. Yes, it does want you to be logged in. You can try going into Settings/Accounts and make sure all sync settings are off. Also make sure any Google apps, like PlayStore, are not set to auto update and notifications are turned off. You can go into Settings/Apps and disable all Google apps. After doing all that, there is no guarantee that the login screen won't still appear. Also, your phone may not work the way you are used to.

As far as the badge counter on the Internet app icon. It means that there was probably something downloaded using the browser. Run the Internet browser and touch the three dots in the upper right corner and look for Downloads in the list. It will probably have an indication of some activity. Touch it and you should be able to clear the notification.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Could be that the nagging to sign in to the Google account is is because of NOT having the settings on. I never have to manually log in on my phones and PC (which uses the Chrome browser). You can delete the Google account from the phone. No Contacts sync or Play Store access are some major drawbacks.
    Last edited by loboheeler; 06-25-2019 at 04:29 PM.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Could be that the nagging to sign in to the Google account is is because of NOT having the settings on. I never have to manually log in on my phones and PC (which uses the Chrome browser).
    Huh? So you are saying that you are not logged in to your Google account and you have all of your Google sync settings set to On and it never asks you to log in? That is surprising. I am not even sure I know how to log out of my Google account on my phone. I can remove it but don't know how to log out.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, Lumia 640XL
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by cv91913 View Post
    I am not even sure I know how to log out of my Google account on my phone. I can remove it but don't know how to log out.
    Like you said, you can delete your Google account on an Android device, but there's no option to logout.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Like you said, you can delete your Google account on an Android device, but there's no option to logout.
    Yes, I am pretty sure of that. But, I am always willing to learn something new. My guess is that the OP removed the Google account and the phone setup app is trying to complete the setup. I suppose the OP could find the Setup app in Settings/Apps "Show system apps" and disable the Setup app. Didn't think about that earlier.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by cv91913 View Post
    Huh? So you are saying that you are not logged in to your Google account and you have all of your Google sync settings set to On and it never asks you to log in? That is surprising.
    Nope, never have to log in to Google on my phones or PC. Google knows who I am no matter which device is being used. On my PC there are a bunch of sites that log in automatically without passwords. Ho-Fo, Walmart, Amazon, eBay, Medicare, etc.

You have more information/control of a Google account on a computer if you have an account there. Chrome or Gmail.
    Last edited by loboheeler; 06-25-2019 at 10:10 PM.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Nope, never have to log in to Google on my phones or PC. Google knows who I am no matter which device is being used. On my PC there are a bunch of sites that log in automatically without passwords. Ho-Fo, Walmart, Amazon, eBay, Medicare, etc.
    Unless you removed the Google account from your Android phone, you are logged in automatically. When you first setup the phone, it asked for a Google account and password. As for the other accounts, the passwords are stored...probably by Google.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, Lumia 640XL
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    On my PC there are a bunch of sites that log in automatically without passwords. Ho-Fo, Walmart, Amazon, eBay, Medicare, etc.
    Same way on my PC, but through cookies that those sites/browsers stored on my PC.