Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Visible ends 5 mbps cap

Visible data is no longer capped at 5mps when used on the phone. Hotspot is still capped. Source: https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/06/26/visible-uncapped-unlimited-data/
    Compare prepaid plans from all operators at PrepaidCompare.net.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeswap View Post
    Visible data is no longer capped at 5mps when used on the phone. Hotspot is still capped. Source: https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/06/26/visible-uncapped-unlimited-data/
    Interesting. So I guess that means Visible now undercuts Spectrum's and Xfinity's $45/mo unlimited plans, correct?

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Does anybody know anything about the Visible R2 phone?

It looks like they'll send it to me for free if I sign up and send them my old HTC Droid Incredible 2.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Before anyone gets too excited, it is still subject to depriortization though... I was kind of hoping visible would go the other way, keep a low speed, but remove the depriortization. The original 5Mbps had both a speed cap and was depriortized. I'd take a slow, stead, reliable connection vs a wildly erratic subject to being heavily throttle due to congestion etc.
    wi-fi calling is also in the works. "coming soon"

Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post

It looks like they'll send it to me for free if I sign up and send them my old HTC Droid Incredible 2.
    It is unlocked... all visible devices come unlocked, however the R2 has very limited usage outside of verizon. It literally only has LTE bands 2/4/5/13 and thats it.

Device(s)
    LG G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google FI
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    They left this kind of open ended not saying that it would be like this forever but not giving a cut off date - it seems more like a push to get new customers to sign up since they claim existing and new customers who sign up during this unknown time period will never have a cap again.

I take that with a grain of salt however unless it's contractual in nature.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Qt0 View Post
    It is unlocked... all visible devices come unlocked, however the R2 has very limited usage outside of verizon. It literally only has LTE bands 2/4/5/13 and thats it.
    I see. It's not worth the effort then. Thanks for the info.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post

Yes, I got one. My thoughts are it's a nice, budget entry level phone with decent screen, very good battery, Type C charging, good camera (no image stabilization for stills or video), with acceptable call quality, except when using speaker phone. It's a typical entry level ZTE that is a good phone for most, but nowhere near mid tier like a Moto 6 or 7, LG G6, Samsung Galaxy 6,7, 8, or certainly a iPhone 6S on up. It gets the job done. Good news is that it's UNLOCKED for any Verizon mvno/sub carrier like Red Pocket, Tracfone, Total Wireless, Net10, StraightTalk. Note it does not have the bands for GSM carriers like At&t or T-Mo and all of their mvno's.

Btw, I just did a speed test with it and with 3 bars of LTE inside my house, I'm seeing 75+mbps speed which is fast. I do know that that Visible is prioritized and have experienced hang dials a few times. YMMV on that one.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, RP
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    According to the coverage maps Visible still has less roaming coverage than Verizon Prepaid. And since my new plan for about this same price has more data than I need (15GB/month), it is a better deal.
    iPhone X is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

Carrier(s)
    TMo
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by jimxx200 View Post
    Yes, I got one. ...
    I suppose you cannot root it, right?

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+ 128 GB Jet Black
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    This is probably implemented because many were reporting slow as snail data speeds, even if even Verizon prepaid customers were experiencing slower speeds due to congestion.

Maybe full speed access will fix that issue. It was smart of them to keep the same hotspot speed the same because we all know where would people that would abuse that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Carrier(s)
    Sprint, Ting
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Anyone in west Los Angles, Santa Monica or UCLA area has good experience recently using Visible wireless?
    My previous two-week experience last year (around November 2018) was terrible. (Yes, I cancelled after 2 weeks even though I paid $40 for full month).
    During lunch hours through early evening (11:30 am through 7 pm) speed was often very slow (less than 0.20 mbps) which is pretty useless because I couldn't even do any web browsing or checking emails.

If Visible has now removed 5 mpbs cap, I'm hoping that they have improved bandwidth available.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by saiyan0123 View Post
    During lunch hours through early evening (11:30 am through 7 pm) speed was often very slow (less than 0.20 mbps) which is pretty useless because I couldn't even do any web browsing or checking emails.

If Visible has now removed 5 mpbs cap, I'm hoping that they have improved bandwidth available.
    I see a lot of people excited about this, posting their speed tests on the reddit page. People like their big numbers, but visible is still subject to depriortization, so those big numbers don't mean much to me. People were being depriortized with the 5Mbps caps, and will continue to be after... so probably for you it would not be a good fit.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    If it wasn't susceptible to Verizon's aggressive deprioritization, I might be interested, but alas...
    Durham, NC

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+ 128 GB Jet Black
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by NCTed View Post
    If it wasn't susceptible to Verizon's aggressive deprioritization, I might be interested, but alas...
    It’s aggressive?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    According to the coverage maps Visible still has less roaming coverage than Verizon Prepaid. And since my new plan for about this same price has more data than I need (15GB/month), it is a better deal.
    As I understand, Visible only uses Verizon’s 4G LTE network not the CDMA. So it makes sense to me that they would have less coverage than Verizon Prepaid.

I have a carrier unlocked version of the Samsung Galaxy S9 so I’m going to give Visible a try. After their gift card promo it is basically like getting two and a half months for free.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast