Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Can people actually reach 60GB per month on the PP Unlimited plan?

Device(s)
    iPhone XS, iPad Mini 2, MacBook Pro 2013 13”, Apple TV 4.
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    Paying more to get more coverage actually sounds like a good deal.

To me, at least!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whacker View Post
    If your T-Mobile or T-Mo MVNO phone is old to the point that your LTE service (limited by the device) is just on B2 (1900 MHz) or B4 (1700/2100 MHz) then you will likely have signal strength issues straying off the beaten path. You've got to at least have B12 (700 MHz) to expect some reach further away from the cell sites. B71 (600 MHz) even better.
    A problem around here is many of the towers are short, which makes their reach poor. Too many hills and trees. OTA transmission here is poor.
    Last edited by loboheeler; 07-03-2019 at 06:56 PM.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    All this talk about PPC and hotspots. Didn't know the policy is so freely ignored.
    When you offer 60GB of LTE data on a prepaid plan and more than 5GB of that is used up, I'd bet someone is tethering using PDANet just like I would to circumvent any protections put in place, plus VPN of course.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BadBrent View Post
    When you offer 60GB of LTE data on a prepaid plan and more than 5GB of that is used up, I'd bet someone is tethering using PDANet just like I would to circumvent any protections put in place, plus VPN of course.
    I don't have any issue with someone using Hot Spot even with the T&Cs. My comment was more tongue in cheek. Makes no sense why data is so cheap with a phone and not for a stand alone HS device. I've asked the question in threads different times about MVNO that allow HS but get few answers. Maybe it's not talked about much to prevent to many people from doing it and ruining it for all. I understand that mums the word. I'd love to find a reliable MVNO that allows it with a reasonable amount of GB or use it regardless of T&Cs but I'm not familiar with stealth HS apps like PSANet if that's what it is. Nor in my case would I want to take the chance. I manage 5 phones in my PPC account, some for elderly family members. Don't need PPC suddenly catching something and shutting them all down, not just the one I'd use to HS.
    Call me paranoid...lol.

Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Just a quick note, I was doing some streaming yesterday, day before my plan renewal and I managed to consume 3.5 gig total for the month according to their records. However, did a speedtest and my service was not throttled to 2g speeds as expected.

So I think the limits they place on you are probably a little loose.

Sent from my LEX727 Leeco Le Pro3 using HoFo mobile app

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2