Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 36

Thread: $15 now with more minutes

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    247
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

    $15 now with more minutes

    Just noticed that the $15 plan now has 500 minutes, 500 texts and 500mb of data for 30 days.

    Just wanted you all to know.

    Sent from my A502DL using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    247
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Photo of this change

    Sent from my A502DL using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    700
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    You can get the same deal from Red Pocket for $99 a year... that is $8.25 a month... half the price. So, this is no deal.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,027
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by larryoham12 View Post
    You can get the same deal from Red Pocket for $99 a year... that is $8.25 a month... half the price. So, this is no deal.
    Sometimes you just want a phone for a month. For example, you have a visitor from another country.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    12,301
    Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by larryoham12 View Post
    You can get the same deal from Red Pocket for $99 a year... that is $8.25 a month... half the price. So, this is no deal.
    It might be a deal, depending on how someone uses their phone. With the RP plan, you lose your remaining balance every month. With the TF plan, you KEEP any remaining balances every month, and forever, as long as you have service days.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    247
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I disagree as some months I use 200 minutes while others I use 1000+. This for me was worth me staying with Tracfone as my service end dates are 2021, and ,2022. I can add minutes, and data and get text and 30 service days free

    Sent from my A502DL using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Super Blue NoVA
    Posts
    2,537
    Device(s)
    iPhone 6S, Moto e, Lumia 635, Moto G 2nd
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone x3, PPCx2, TMo2Go, TracfoneX3, H20, Tello
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    This is a good deal, and it renders the $25 smartphone plan card obsolete as it is now: 500min / 1000txt / 500MB, as you could simply buy the new $15 (500/500/500) and just add the $5 1000text add-on card on top and you get more (500min/ 1500txt/ 500MB) for $20 instead of paying $25 for less.

    Tracfone has to either adjust the allowances in the $25 card or reduce its price.

    Edit: I just realized that the $25 card still gives you 60 days of service vs the 30 days of the $15, so there is that.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    577
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Jairzinho View Post
    This is a good deal, and it renders the $25 smartphone plan card obsolete as it is now: 500min / 1000txt / 500MB, as you could simply buy the new $15 (500/500/500) and just add the $5 1000text add-on card on top and you get more (500min/ 1500txt/ 500MB) for $20 instead of paying $25 for less.

    Tracfone has to either adjust the allowances in the $25 card or reduce its price.

    Edit: I just realized that the $25 card still gives you 60 days of service vs the 30 days of the $15, so there is that.
    And with a promo code, you get an extra 1 gb data.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    26
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    And for $15 a month you can get unlimited talk/text 5gb of data, but not on tracfone unfortunately, unless there is some secret way to manipulate their pricing structure.
    The two scenarios I always considered tracphone for is for pay as you go, and backup phones that you never use but keep around in case your accidentally drive over your phone (lol, this has happened to me).
    Unfortunately, as a pay as you go service it has been destroyed by competition at anything more then $15 a month is just a silly waste of money.
    At anything lower than $15 a month you are better off paying for a full year and just letting it sit.
    Tracfones pricing are just not useful anymore as their price to extend service date costs as much as real full service from others.

    I can understand people staying with them because they got locked in and have a huge amount of minutes on an account, but for newcomers there is absolutely no reason anymore.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    644
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Citrulaseroxy View Post
    I can understand people staying with them because they got locked in and have a huge amount of minutes on an account, but for newcomers there is absolutely no reason anymore.
    I have been with TF for about 20 years and have 2 phones I use. The end dates on them are 2027 and 2037.
    Don't really have many minutes on either one. Kinda don't see the attraction of having thousands of minutes/texts.
    So, unless I need minutes, I don't have to buy anything. I like that we can buy texts and data separately as
    we need them.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    577
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I needed talk minutes. So instead of buying them from TF for $10 plus $2.16 taxes (seems like they are the only way you can get them right now), I just bought the $15 500/500/500 card from Target. No tax or fees. Added promo code for 1 extra gb.
    So I got 500/500/1.5gb for $15. No tax, no fees, no shipping. I like that. Unfortunately, Target doesn't have the $5 text card on line. So, gotta pay tax on that one wherever you get one.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    247
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris109 View Post
    I needed talk minutes. So instead of buying them from TF for $10 plus $2.16 taxes (seems like they are the only way you can get them right now), I just bought the $15 500/500/500 card from Target. No tax or fees. Added promo code for 1 extra gb.
    So I got 500/500/1.5gb for $15. No tax, no fees, no shipping. I like that. Unfortunately, Target doesn't have the $5 text card on line. So, gotta pay tax on that one wherever you get one.
    What is the promo code for the 1gb

    Sent from my A502DL using Tapatalk

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    577
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    53629 It's good for an extra gb for the $15, $25, $35 card for smartphones. It worked for me yesterday.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    12,301
    Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris109 View Post
    I needed talk minutes. So instead of buying them from TF for $10 plus $2.16 taxes (seems like they are the only way you can get them right now), I just bought the $15 500/500/500 card from Target. No tax or fees. Added promo code for 1 extra gb.
    So I got 500/500/1.5gb for $15. No tax, no fees, no shipping. I like that. Unfortunately, Target doesn't have the $5 text card on line. So, gotta pay tax on that one wherever you get one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris109 View Post
    53629 It's good for an extra gb for the $15, $25, $35 card for smartphones. It worked for me yesterday.
    Thank you for the tips, Chris109.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    247
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris109 View Post
    53629 It's good for an extra gb for the $15, $25, $35 card for smartphones. It worked for me yesterday.
    That worked. Thank you for sharing the code


    Sent from my A502DL using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Google Voice + MMS now with more carriers!
    By ChazzMatt in forum AT&T Prepaid (formerly GoPhone)
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 11-12-2014, 11:48 AM
  2. Replies: 795
    Last Post: 09-18-2006, 02:33 PM
  3. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-18-2005, 03:28 PM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-22-2005, 05:56 PM
  5. Verizon Site updated with more minute plans
    By FAUguy in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-27-2002, 11:12 PM

Bookmarks