Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 60 Day Expiration Date on eBay 1 Year Card With 1200 Minute, Text & 3GB Warning

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

60 Day Expiration Date on eBay 1 Year Card With 1200 Minute, Text & 3GB Warning

Be warned if you bought the eBay card Tracfone Prepaid Wireless Smartphone Plan+SIM-1200 Min,1200 Txt, 3GB Data
    eBay Exclusive - Limited Time Offer - 1 Year of Service card: https://www.ebay.com/itm/283448464240?ul_noapp=true#

the expiration is NOT the usual ONE YEAR but 60 DAYS per eBay Tracfone Wireless.

I sent them TWO messages about this and this is the response that I got.

New message from: tracfonewireless (19,209YellowShooting Star)
    Dear Valued Customer:

Thank you for your interest in TracFone Wireless. We are responding to
    your recent inquiry.

We have read your message today, June 30, 2019, 2:35 PM EST. This is
    regarding your inquiry about the TracFone Prepaid Wireless Smartphone
    Plan + SIM bundle.

Please be informed that the item in question can indeed be used on a new
    BYOP (Bring Your Own Phone) device. Meanwhile, this product is an eBay
    exclusive item that has an activation limit of 60 days from the date of
    purchase.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact us via
    chat or by calling one of our customer care representatives at
    1-800-867-7183. For your convenience, our representatives are available
    Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.
    Last edited by Sparkle3; 07-01-2019 at 03:10 AM.
    KINDNESS SHOULD BE A DISEASE

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkle3 View Post
    Be warned if you bought the eBay card Tracfone Prepaid Wireless Smartphone Plan+SIM-1200 Min,1200 Txt, 3GB Data
    eBay Exclusive - Limited Time Offer - 1 Year of Service card: https://www.ebay.com/itm/283448464240?ul_noapp=true#

the expiration is NOT the usual ONE YEAR but 60 DAYS per eBay Tracfone Wirless.

I sent them TWO messages about this and this is the response that I got.

New message from: tracfonewireless (19,209YellowShooting Star)
    Dear Valued Customer:

Thank you for your interest in TracFone Wireless. We are responding to
    your recent inquiry.

We have read your message today, June 30, 2019, 2:35 PM EST. This is
    regarding your inquiry about the TracFone Prepaid Wireless Smartphone
    Plan + SIM bundle.

Please be informed that the item in question can indeed be used on a new
    BYOP (Bring Your Own Phone) device. Meanwhile, this product is an eBay
    exclusive item that has an activation limit of 60 days from the date of
    purchase.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact us via
    chat or by calling one of our customer care representatives at
    1-800-867-7183. For your convenience, our representatives are available
    Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST.
    Wow...good to know. Tnx for posting.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    There should have been some kind of warning about the 60 day activation requirement on the internet site. That really stinks.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I seem to remember that someone asked that question regarding "how long the card lasts".

From the New Offer from Tracfone thread, it was post #207.

Quote Originally Posted by ultrawolf Does anyone know if those airtime cards would have any sort of expiration date or other reason you couldn't wait a year or two to use them? I'd want to use them to top off an existing phone. Thanks!

I just received a private message through the forum from AlexTrac "official Tracfone representative" with the following information:

Hi ultrawolf. This is Alex from TracFone Wireless. The service card will expire after a year from the date it was purchased. If you have further questions, feel free to chat with us at http://bit.ly/2qdrKHH. For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information.

I didn't know Tracfone monitors this forum.

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, Lumia 640XL
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Each TF rep operates independently

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    What Tracfone says and does is seldom the same, even on different days.
    Only time and posted experiences will narrow down the possibilities.
    Always pick a day you feel lucky.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Wow, thanks so much for posting this. I was going to wait to apply mine but I won't take any chances, I will apply mine now high balances and all. You save me much anguish.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyLC View Post
    I seem to remember that someone asked that question regarding "how long the card lasts".

From the New Offer from Tracfone thread, it was post #207.

Quote Originally Posted by ultrawolf Does anyone know if those airtime cards would have any sort of expiration date or other reason you couldn't wait a year or two to use them? I'd want to use them to top off an existing phone. Thanks!

I just received a private message through the forum from AlexTrac "official Tracfone representative" with the following information:

Hi ultrawolf. This is Alex from TracFone Wireless. The service card will expire after a year from the date it was purchased. If you have further questions, feel free to chat with us at http://bit.ly/2qdrKHH. For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information.

I didn't know Tracfone monitors this forum.

I messaged AlexTrac this morning and asked if he could clarify which is correct, but I haven't received a response.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by ultrawolf View Post
    I messaged AlexTrac this morning and asked if he could clarify which is correct, but I haven't received a response.
    Alex is a PIA. I had to block him on here a couple of years ago. Every time I posted something he would message me.

PLEASE do not believe everything that he tells you. He's probably going to tell you the same thing that he told you before. I personally have known him to be wrong.

Did you read above this as how different reps will tell you different things?

2 of the posters on this post have been doing this stuff for years as I have but they know a whole lot more than I do. That is hpham & Tracfancier. They usually know their stuff unless Tracfone changes something around at the last minute.

It may turn out to be a year but IK what I was told via eBay Tracfone Wireless about it being 60 days.

I posted so people would be aware but it's up to everyone else as to what they do with the info.

FYI BTW, Alex is in a different department of Tracfone. I asked the same question on Tracfone's Facebook page & they had no clue. I was told that it was a different department & to ask eBay Tracfone Wireless if that tells you anything???

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by ultrawolf View Post
    AlexTrac can be a pseudonym for a variety of TF reps that monitor the forums. They seldom follow up to further questions. There was some give-and-take on Turk Forums a couple of years ago, but that did not last long. Usually a PM message, and not a forum post that would benefit everybody. Just like on the company's Tracfone Wireless Forum.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    AlexTrac can be a pseudonym for a variety of TF reps that monitor the forums. They seldom follow up to further questions. There was some give-and-take on Turk Forums a couple of years ago, but that did not last long. Usually a PM message, and not a forum post that would benefit everybody. Just like on the company's Tracfone Wireless Forum.
    Yep, that is why I don't like going to the Straight Talk company forums, too. If you post something there, all you get is message saying that they have to take it to the PMs, and in that PM, you get their support phone number or a link to their live chat only. After that, you get no where.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Or he could just be a bot.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Does a PM here from AlexTrac carry the same weight as a chat transcript would?

He sent me a PM awhile back declaring that "as an incentive to customers, all TracFone customers upgrade from a feature phone to Smartphone will get the Triple Minute benefit as a promotion for upgrading to a new Smartphone. Also, if customers currently have the Triple Minute on their Smartphone, it will be transferred to the new Smartphone." (Not relevant to this thread, I know. Sorry.) This was contrary to known TF policy at the time. Could someone use what he told me, as proof of policy? Or could they weasel out of it somehow?

For that matter, I don't know if a chat transcript has any force of law either. If different reps will say different things at different times?

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, Lumia 640XL
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by melman View Post

For that matter, I don't know if a chat transcript has any force of law either. If different reps will say different things at different times?
    What AlexTrac says has no weight. There's no proof that he's a TF employee.

The chat transcript, when tied to a case number that you should ask for, can be reviewed by TF to see which rep handled the chat. "Force of law" is a big term. What was said in the transcript is just what the employee of a company tells you. If the company later disputes what their employees said, then they have a training issue.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by melman View Post

He sent me a PM awhile back declaring that "as an incentive to customers, all TracFone customers upgrade from a feature phone to Smartphone will get the Triple Minute benefit as a promotion for upgrading to a new Smartphone. Also, if customers currently have the Triple Minute on their Smartphone, it will be transferred to the new Smartphone." (Not relevant to this thread, I know. Sorry.) This was contrary to known TF policy at the time. Could someone use what he told me, as proof of policy? Or could they weasel out of it somehow?

I asked Tracfone on Facebook about this just the other day and they had no clue. This is not going on right now & I think it was a May thing. AlexTrac has been known to be wrong more than once. I would not trust him to be right.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast