Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What's the most afforable post paid plan on Verizon

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Question What's the most afforable post paid plan on Verizon

Hi,
    Does anyone know that what's the most affordable postpaid plan on Verizon? I typically just use a little bit more than 1 GB data per month but I want to get the most reliable service and the best coverage. The unlimited plan on Verizon postpaid network seems pricy after plus line access fee/activation fee/tax and fee for just one person. The Verizon MVNO/prepaid may get deprioritized and I nearly cannot access the Internet in the extended area. Do you have any recommendations? Thanks.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by 1997cui View Post
    Hi,
    Does anyone know that what's the most affordable postpaid plan on Verizon? I typically just use a little bit more than 1 GB data per month but I want to get the most reliable service and the best coverage. The unlimited plan on Verizon postpaid network seems pricy after plus line access fee/activation fee/tax and fee for just one person. The Verizon MVNO/prepaid may get deprioritized and I nearly cannot access the Internet in the extended area. Do you have any recommendations? Thanks.
    5gb for $55 with autopay was about or around the same price as the 2gb plan when I had tried it in the past for postpaid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Visible 40 unlimited everything but no roaming included, intl calls, just LTE signal

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, RP
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by T-MOBILE GSM View Post
    Visible 40 unlimited everything but no roaming included, intl calls, just LTE signal
    Which is not a post paid plan so doesn't have the coverage and prioritization of postpaid.
    iPhone X is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    That's a tough one because Verizon postpaid and affordable are hard to do, but the 5gb for $55 is probably the best they offer.

As a comparison att offers 9gb for $60, while T-Mobile unlimited is $70

Verizon postpaid is too expensive compared to what the others offer.

Plus att has faster speeds and less congestion. Does att or tmobile work where you are? For postpaid they are much better options than Verizon

Device(s)
    iPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    He only uses 1gb of data why even bother with post paid! Visible is no worst than say go unlimited or vzw prepaid. Any hoot he did mention extended area... poster where do you live? How often do you roam

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by T-MOBILE GSM View Post
    He only uses 1gb of data why even bother with post paid! Visible is no worst than say go unlimited or vzw prepaid. Any hoot he did mention extended area... poster where do you live? How often do you roam
    Your guess is very accurate! Now I am under a Verizon MVNO. I live in Seattle. I have good WiFi both at my office and my home. My 1GB data are mainly used for hiking or skiing. It is kind of annoying if I cannot get service since Google Map does not work. I noticed that in "Extended" area, my data no longer works. That's why I come out with this question. I am spoiled since I've never encountered no data in China previously.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by jpiszcz View Post
    5gb for $55 with autopay was about or around the same price as the 2gb plan when I had tried it in the past for postpaid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, the 2gb plan is only $5 cheaper, so 5gb with autoplay that gives a $5 discount, making it to the same price, is a better deal.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Your guess is very accurate! Now I am under a Verizon MVNO. I live in Seattle. I have good WiFi both at my office and my home. My 1GB data are mainly used for hiking or skiing. It is kind of annoying if I cannot get service since Google Map does not work. I noticed that in "Extended" area, my data no longer works. That's why I come out with this question. I am spoiled since I've never encountered no data in China previously.
    Which mvno are you on? Seems as if they don’t support data roaming or maybe it’s turned off on your settings. If you seem to be on extended find out who they are roaming on and maybe switch to them

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Verizon LTE

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Verizon Prepaid has most of the roaming of Verizon postpaid, and it appears to have all of LTEiRA, but Visible has no roaming at all, and doesn't even have Extended (LTEiRA). That doesn't solve the depri issue though. Probably 5GB for $55 if you really want to avoid depri that much. Depri shouldn't be an issue in rural areas, much less Extended, but if you travel between urban and rural a lot, then both Extended and depri could be an issue, and then you're just going to pay a lot for service.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyjones View Post
    As a comparison att offers 9gb for $60, while T-Mobile unlimited is $70
    Their website makes no sense anymore, but I believe it's $60 plus the line access fee for a total of $80/mo for 9GB.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, LG G3, Moto G7 Power/E4/G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, PagePlus, TracFone, Tello, TMO, Xfinity
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    It is kind of annoying if I cannot get service since Google Map does not work. I noticed that in "Extended" area, my data no longer works.
    You might want to use an offline map app, where you can download maps from WiFi. I recommend Mapfactor Navigator.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ctor.navigator

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, RP
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Google maps can download data offline. What I have done before heading into the mountains in case needed in poor cellular area

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Thanks everyone for all your advice~

Device(s)
    Motorola Z3 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Mint Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Actually, I think the basic phone 500mb plan for $30 is the cheapest option I wonder if you could activate one of their basic phones and then move the sim card to a smart phone?

Verizon has a ton of corporate discounts. It's likely that you or someone you know qualifies. If you don't qualify, a friend could give you their e-mail address for the discount. https://www.verizonwireless.com/discount-program/

It is upsetting that Verizon and most other providers don't offer smaller data plans. Luckily most MVNOs do. For me, the depri and lack of roaming coverage is worth 65% I'm saving on my monthly bill. But everyone has their own wants/needs.

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by ajholik View Post
    It is upsetting that Verizon and most other providers don't offer smaller data plans. Luckily most MVNOs do. For me, the depri and lack of roaming coverage is worth 65% I'm saving on my monthly bill. But everyone has their own wants/needs.
    Depri is a lot worse on Verizon than other carriers. OTOH, no roaming on T-Mobile really reduces coverage in Maine, Wisconsin, and other areas with a lot of USCC VoLTE roaming.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast