Thread: least expensive plan for jetpack that allows you to receive text to jetpack phone #

Feedback Score

least expensive plan for jetpack that allows you to receive text to jetpack phone #

What's the least expensive plan for a verizon jetpack that will allow the jetpack to receive a basic text message to the jetpack's # that can be viewed in the jetpack's messages menu? (don't need to send a text message from the jetpack; only need the jetpack to be able to receive a basic text message)

Feedback Score
    any jetpack should be able to

Feedback Score
    Yes the jetpack itself can receive text messages fine. It works on a postpaid shared data plan, but I'm not using it very much and am looking for a cheaper plan that would still allow the jetpack to receive a text message.

I also have a prepaid jetpack plan, but on the prepaid jetpack plan text messages are not received. With the prepaid plan the online verizon text website says text is not enabled for your account and cannot be for the prepaid jetpack plan.

So I was wondering if there was a cheaper jetpack plan that would allow texts... maybe the single device plan?

I went online to chat with verizion, and the chat op said that they didn't have any plans that allow you to get a text message on a jetpack which confused me as they have an FAQ for how to read text messages on your jetpack.

(Ironically the prepaid account wants to text a confirmation code to the prepaid jetpack # so I can login even though the prepaid plan won't accept texts to its number, apparently!)

Feedback Score
    call the tech support
    tell them you cannot receive text messages
    it is part of the plan
    also otherwise text messages at least the ones from verizon are received
    once that is enabled
    the others should start coming in

Feedback Score
    Got a different chat rep and he said there shouldn't be a problem receiving sms / text messages to the jetpack on the single device plan. Fingers crossed it will work fine as I just signed up for one.

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    I am also having this problem. Prepaid jetpack plan. I can’t register for the Myvz app because the jetpack “can’t accept text messages”. I tried the chat route and was told I need to add a phone to the plan “so I can get text messages”. Um, I don’t think so! What a mess.

Everywhere I look, on the bill, etc. it says “Use the Verizon app!!!!”. Well, I’m trying but your stupid systems apparently don’t talk to each other.

Lake Michigan, if you get this working please post. Thank you.

Feedback Score
    drccell, were you able to get into the verizon app / verizon website account yet without needing to get an SMS?

Or were you able to get SMS enabled on your prepaid hotspot plan?

I had a verizon rep help me create a verizon account without needing an SMS to the jetpack and it worked for a couple months fine. Now however it won't let me in without sending a text to the prepaid hotspot number which doesn't arrive. So I can't manage my verizon prepaid plan right now through the verizon website either. Will have to call them back next week.

Tech support was really good, but it will be annoying if the website keeps breaking things for prepaid users being able to simply login.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lake Michigan View Post
    drccell, were you able to get into the verizon app / verizon website account yet without needing to get an SMS?

Or were you able to get SMS enabled on your prepaid hotspot plan?

I had a verizon rep help me create a verizon account without needing an SMS to the jetpack and it worked for a couple months fine. Now however it won't let me in without sending a text to the prepaid hotspot number which doesn't arrive. So I can't manage my verizon prepaid plan right now through the verizon website either. Will have to call them back next week.

Tech support was really good, but it will be annoying if the website keeps breaking things for prepaid users being able to simply login.
    No success yet. But I haven’t had time to do any followup yet on getting the app to work. I just checked an I’m still able to log into the website to manage my prepaid plan though.

Feedback Score
    Thanks very much for info that you can get into verizon website manage account at least. I'll give it a week in case I did something to lock it down and try again.

Feedback Score
    Check out this link, Two-factor authentication is an ongoing problem. You need to read to the end of the thread where the "manager" might be able to remove the device from 2 factor auth.

In many cases, these geniuses don't think through their brilliant ideas to cover "devices". Maybe they should include a free basic phone when customers buy jetpacks.

Can you ask that the auth code be sent to a second number?

https://community.verizonwireless.co.../996317/page/2

Feedback Score
    I signed up for a single device hotspot plan and it is able to receive text messages fine. So that's good. I don't use it much but wanted to be able to get a text message to the jetpack in case I need to get an auth code where my cell phone doesn't come in but the jetpack does.

Under my verizon it shows:

Data 1 GB | Minutes None | Messages Unlimited Text Messages | Devices 1 Internet Device | International Calling None | International Travel None

Thought I'd update in case anyone else finds this thread looking for this.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lake Michigan View Post
    I signed up for a single device hotspot plan and it is able to receive text messages fine. So that's good. I don't use it much but wanted to be able to get a text message to the jetpack in case I need to get an auth code where my cell phone doesn't come in but the jetpack does.

Under my verizon it shows:

Data 1 GB | Minutes None | Messages Unlimited Text Messages | Devices 1 Internet Device | International Calling None | International Travel None

Thought I'd update in case anyone else finds this thread looking for this.
    Thanks for the info. I just wanted to confirm, is your plan a pre-paid mifi plan or postpaid?

GreenMule, I haven’t had time yet to try and call to ask for “the manager”. The last person I talked to tried to text my phone instead, but the phone is now on T-Mobile and the text didn’t come through. I don’t have any phones on Verizon and that appears to be contributing to the problem. I will update again when I’ve had time to give them a call.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by drccell View Post
    Thanks for the info. I just wanted to confirm, is your plan a pre-paid mifi plan or postpaid?
    Postpaid. https://www.verizonwireless.com/plan...e-device-plan/ hotspot plan can receive text messages fine.

Feedback Score
    (I also have a separate prepaid unlimited hotspot plan under a different account which I wasn't able to get text messages to.)