Thread: iMessage group chat

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

iMessage group chat

ok. So I have an iPhone X. I use it for work and for play but its really been ticking me off. Its freezing and doing stupid things. I wanna go to a Samsung but the issue is i have 4 team members for work. I am on the Rogers network up in canada

I went from apple to Samsung a few years back but ended up going right back to apple because I didn't know about meetings that were happening. I wasn't getting any group messages from the iPhone users. I work closely with 4 other people and we have a group text going. I asked them to download WhatsApp and they are hardcore apple fanboys so they refuse.

Having said this all I am on a group chat with some guys I play playstation with in the USA. one of them has a android and he participates in all our messages ... how is this so if the rest of us have iPhones.....am I missing something here.

Device(s)
    iPhone X 256GB, iPad Pro 11" 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, Unreal Mobile, Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    When you switched before you probably failed to disconnect your phone number from the iMessage and FaceTime servers so iPhone users were sending messages into the ether because that phone was offline.

To disconnect it next time go into settings on the phone and find FaceTime go in then flip the switch to turn it off. Do the same for iMessage. This sends a message to Apple servers to no longer take iMessage from other Apple devices and they will all start coming in by sms afterward. Voila swap your SIM card to Samsung and you should be good.

—Kidd
    Hear me on Twitter: @alexkidd1 / Fun connection:

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    So I can then do group messages? Or would the messages just come in from the one sender of the group and then I would only be texting them back.

Its really important I can participate in the group chats regarding business...

Device(s)
    iPhone X 256GB, iPad Pro 11" 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, Unreal Mobile, Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by jettabambino View Post
    So I can then do group messages? Or would the messages just come in from the one sender of the group and then I would only be texting them back.

Its really important I can participate in the group chats regarding business...
    My understanding is the group chat comes into a non-Apple device as an MMS group message and your reply goes back to the group just the same. Don't quote me 100%, but I've definitely been part in group messages from Android devices just the same.

--Kidd