Thread: Idea for adding new line (have 2 gUDP)

Device(s)
    Iphone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Idea for adding new line (have 2 gUDP)

Hello, I can use some advice. I have two separate original grandfathered UDPs, both in my name, and both receiving a corporate discount, so costing me $54 per line before taxes. I get 400 minutes of phone and texting is pay as you go.

I have a teenager and want to get him a phone before the start of school and I知 struggling to figure out the best way to do it. I知 hesitate to call Verizon and have them look up my plans for fear they will press a wrong button and change it.

It seem like the easiest thing to do would be to ask Verizon to consolidate my two separate UDPs into a new family UDP and then add a third line for my child. But, I think I値l lose my corporate discount and end up paying a few dollars more ($60 per line for 3 liens) for Beyond Unlimited.

Is that the best idea? Does anyone have experience with Verizon offering loyalty pricing to at least keep you as well off, not worse off, for changing plans and adding a line?

I致e thought about porting my entire family to an MVNOs or TMobile for better pricing, but I知 concerned about that since I can稚 afford to have poor or spotty coverage in non-metro areas where I find myself often for work.

I appreciate thoughts on the best approach to add a line of service for my child. Thank you.

Feedback Score
    I would just look at putting the teenager on something like Visible for $40 a month and keep your grandfathered lines. I take it you never got the $30 increase. Good for you. Unless the minutes don't work anywhere. How much data do you use?

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Iphone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the response. Correct, I never got the price increase on those two lines. Both lines use very little texting. One uses 2-3 gb of data and the other uses 5-8 gb of data. I was thinking about keeping what I have and putting my teenager on Spectrum Mobile. I suppose I could try that out and see how it works. They charge $45/month unlimited including taxes, so that’s a $15/mo+ savings on the new line and a $6/mo savings on each of the two existing plans. I could port that line over to Verizon if we don’t like Spectrum. I guess the only downside is that I wouldn’t be eligible for going back to school buy one get one free promotions for adding a line of service.

Feedback Score
    You don't use much data. You would probably be fine on any of the newer unlimited lines. You start at Go and then switch the other to above if needed. You will lose your discount though. They do have first responder and military discounts that work on the new plans if you qualify.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk