Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 73

Thread: HSN junkie

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Spokane
    Posts
    574
    Device(s)
    Lg800g
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

    HSN junkie

    I have become a HSN junkie. I looked yesterday on HSN and they had a Tracfone moto e5 with blue tooth headset and this and that and 1500 min, one year, yada yada yada for $69.95. one day only. So, I bought one to upgrade my backup Rebel 3 that because of the HSN shuffle I have been doing, has over 8,000 minutes on it.

    I seem to be collecting gently used phones. I have a fair number of Sim TMFRL kits I suppose I could use in them if need be.

    Any bad surprises with with the moto e5? Missing sensors? Unwanted tricks? I travel alot (10 trips a year) and I use my backup fone mostly on those trips.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    6,625
    Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, Lumia 640XL
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyote Chris View Post
    Any bad surprises with with the moto e5? Missing sensors? Unwanted tricks?
    I have a Simple Mobile Moto E5 that I got pretty cheap on Black Friday and I like it. Recently I started using its fingerprint function and it seems to be less reliable than that of the Huawei Sensa.

    The Simple Mobile model ends with "DL" and can be used with both GSM and CDMA carriers. I don't know if the TF version is the same.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    BP subsidized Gulf Coast
    Posts
    6,590
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    The Tracfone moto e5 (XT1920DL) is the same phone. This is the cost advantage for Tracfone, one phone for all Sister Companies.
    The only place Tracfone shows DL is on their websites on the buy phones page.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Spokane
    Posts
    574
    Device(s)
    Lg800g
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    The Tracfone moto e5 (XT1920DL) is the same phone. This is the cost advantage for Tracfone, one phone for all Sister Companies.
    The only place Tracfone shows DL is on their websites on the buy phones page.
    That is interesting that this appears to be a dual system fone. Trace phone reviewer shows this phone to be only on the Verizon system although HSN shows GSM and CDMA. I am hoping that the fingerprint mode works for me. I have become addicted to the one push button on the back. One thing is for sure....another better Tracfone verizon compatible phone will appear, sooner or later.
    Besides BYOP, Does Tracfone even offer a decent sized screen ATT smartphone?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    BP subsidized Gulf Coast
    Posts
    6,590
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Tracfone seems to be releasing all new phones as DL models.
    Tracfone sells it with a Verizon SIM.
    The phone has the 18:9 ratio, tall/narrow, making it difficult to find a case to fit.
    With AT&T and T-Mobile, Tracfone does not ask for an IMEI, so you can activate a Tracfone BYOP AT&T SIM and put it in a DL model.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Spokane
    Posts
    574
    Device(s)
    Lg800g
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    Tracfone seems to be releasing all new phones as DL models.
    Tracfone sells it with a Verizon SIM.
    The phone has the 18:9 ratio, tall/narrow, making it difficult to find a case to fit.
    With AT&T and T-Mobile, Tracfone does not ask for an IMEI, so you can activate a Tracfone BYOP AT&T SIM and put it in a DL model.
    Thanks! I buy hip holster cases that take any phone so I am good there and there are lots of cases on ebay for it.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Spokane
    Posts
    574
    Device(s)
    Lg800g
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    I have a Simple Mobile Moto E5 that I got pretty cheap on Black Friday and I like it. Recently I started using its fingerprint function and it seems to be less reliable than that of the Huawei Sensa.

    The Simple Mobile model ends with "DL" and can be used with both GSM and CDMA carriers. I don't know if the TF version is the same.
    I am a bit confused about the finger print option. Can I activate it and still use the double tap or bumping the on/off switch to wake it up?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    6,625
    Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, Lumia 640XL
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    The Tracfone moto e5 (XT1920DL) is the same phone.
    I don't know if things have changed, but in THIS THREAD , member cellular-dude said the TF Moto E5 that he bought at Walmart only works with Verizon.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    6,625
    Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, Lumia 640XL
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyote Chris View Post
    I am a bit confused about the finger print option. Can I activate it and still use the double tap or bumping the on/off switch to wake it up?
    When you set up the fingerprint option, it asks you to select a backup option. I chose Fingerprint + PIN. If I wake up the phone by putting my fingertip on the sensor, it goes directly to the Home screen. If I wake up the phone by pressing the on/off switch, it displays a keypad screen for me to enter the PIN.

    I did some more testing and the Moto E5 fingerprint sensor is reliable. It's just the Chase Bank app that either doesn't recognize when a fingertip is pressed, or just crashed once it recognized the fingerprint. Other apps that use the fingerprint function work fine.

    Name:  Moto-E5-Login-Option-1.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  14.8 KB

    Name:  Moto-E5-Login-Option-2.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  30.6 KB

    Name:  Moto-E5-Login-Option-3.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  21.8 KB

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Spokane
    Posts
    574
    Device(s)
    Lg800g
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    I don't know if things have changed, but in THIS THREAD , member cellular-dude said the TF Moto E5 that he bought at Walmart only works with Verizon.
    That is what the tracfone reviewer said also....thanks.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Spokane
    Posts
    574
    Device(s)
    Lg800g
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    When you set up the fingerprint option, it asks you to select a backup option. I chose Fingerprint + PIN. If I wake up the phone by putting my fingertip on the sensor, it goes directly to the Home screen. If I wake up the phone by pressing the on/off switch, it displays a keypad screen for me to enter the PIN.

    I did some more testing and the Moto E5 fingerprint sensor is reliable. It's just the Chase Bank app that either doesn't recognize when a fingertip is pressed, or just crashed once it recognized the fingerprint. Other apps that use the fingerprint function work fine.

    Name:  Moto-E5-Login-Option-1.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  14.8 KB

    Name:  Moto-E5-Login-Option-2.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  30.6 KB

    Name:  Moto-E5-Login-Option-3.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  21.8 KB
    Thanks a bunch, hpham. That helps. So I can have a pin backup but not a "bump the on/off sw" or "double tap" which makes sense. If the sensor fails, I can wake up the fone and then put in my pin. If I recieve a call, then the phone unlocks itself. I can live with that.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    BFE
    Posts
    7,994
    Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    No compass, no NFC.

    Finding glass screen protectors that fit has been tricky.

    Plenty of cases though.

    Chris, you can still use the power button to wake/sleep. With the right apps you can add double tap to wake/sleep.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    California Gold Country
    Posts
    5,982
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    I don't know if things have changed, but in THIS THREAD , member cellular-dude said the TF Moto E5 that he bought at Walmart only works with Verizon.
    Both the E5 and G6 on HSN state "Verizon Compatible Only". On QVC it states "Compatible with many LTE, 4G, CDMA networks". I take that to mean on any Tracfone company that runs on Verizon. ???

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,386
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyote Chris View Post
    I have become a HSN junkie. I looked yesterday on HSN and they had a Tracfone moto e5 with blue tooth headset and this and that and 1500 min, one year, yada yada yada for $69.95. one day only. So, I bought one to upgrade my backup Rebel 3 that because of the HSN shuffle I have been doing, has over 8,000 minutes on it.

    I seem to be collecting gently used phones. I have a fair number of Sim TMFRL kits I suppose I could use in them if need be.

    Any bad surprises with with the moto e5? Missing sensors? Unwanted tricks? I travel alot (10 trips a year) and I use my backup fone mostly on those trips.
    I stopped by HSN and I was definitely having a hard time not grabbing my credit card for that deal.

    Like hpham I also have a few of the Simple Mobile Moto e5 from last year's Black Friday deal.
    I love that phone.
    It's a really nice phone.

    Only thing that I am not completely crazy about is that it is narrow.
    Not as narrow as my extra delightful Nokia 3.1 but not as wide as I prefer.

    My Luscious LG Fiesta 2 and Lumia 640 XL are exactly the width that I love.

    But the Moto e5 is such a very nice phone that I'm kind of going to overlook that minor problem.

    Those Bluetooth headphones look very nice.
    I normally don't like having earphones or earbuds but for free I would give it a try.

    I'd prefer a Bluetooth speaker over that though.

    Sent from my Luscious LG Fiesta 2

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Spokane
    Posts
    574
    Device(s)
    Lg800g
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowyWhite View Post
    I stopped by HSN and I was definitely having a hard time not grabbing my credit card for that deal.

    Like hpham I also have a few of the Simple Mobile Moto e5 from last year's Black Friday deal.
    I love that phone.
    It's a really nice phone.

    Only thing that I am not completely crazy about is that it is narrow.
    Not as narrow as my extra delightful Nokia 3.1 but not as wide as I prefer.

    My Luscious LG Fiesta 2 and Lumia 640 XL are exactly the width that I love.

    But the Moto e5 is such a very nice phone that I'm kind of going to overlook that minor problem.

    Those Bluetooth headphones look very nice.
    I normally don't like having earphones or earbuds but for free I would give it a try.

    I'd prefer a Bluetooth speaker over that though.

    Sent from my Luscious LG Fiesta 2
    Thanks! The fact that the price alone makes this a steal cause the time is worth more than that is great. And if I want a different phone, no harm no foul. BTW, I assume I can take one of my sim kits and reactived a phone once I have moved on?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Computer JUnkie Lot
    By AC87 in forum Other Buy/Sell/Trade Archive
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-04-2004, 05:43 PM
  2. All you CPU and Computer Junkies...
    By Jonny Ice in forum Nextel Lounge
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-13-2003, 08:00 PM
  3. My parents think Im a drug junkie
    By Yegor in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-02-2003, 01:53 PM
  4. Confessions Of A 'Net Junkie
    By baudbwoy in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-25-2002, 07:52 AM
  5. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-02-2002, 06:28 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks