Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hello Mobile Customer Service and Activation Problems.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s, Samsung Galaxy s4, Blackberry, Motorolla, Razr, Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Hello Mobile, At&t, Sprint, T-mobile, Straight Talk, Cricket, Boost, Red Pocket, Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Angry Hello Mobile Customer Service and Activation Problems.

I had just tried out Red Pocket Mobile for a few days, but then I saw a better deal on Hello Mobile, so I decided to try them out, but do that later this month, before my current RP plan expires in a few weeks, so I wanted to order a new sim card -for later..(which I had always done with every single other carrier I ever had) But I've had several problems with Hello Mobile!

Ok, first of all, when I contacted Hello Mobile the first time, I was told I needed a sim card for my iPhone 6s. (no problem) To get a sim card mailed, I was informed by multiple customer service agents (via Facebook messenger, their website chat, and over the phone) that first HAD to give my current phone number and port all my info NOW even if I wanted to start the port/service LATER.

I said I had just paid for a month of service on another provider with a number I had used for many months (first on Mint then on Red Pocket), so I did not need/want to port my number or start service with Hello Mobile for at least a month, but I wanted to get my new sim card mailed, so I was ready later. I was told that they HAD to have my information now, to even get a sim mailed.. I gave my information, then a few minutes later I had "No Service" from my current provider (that I had recently paid for), and Red Pockets website said the account was now closed!

So I contacted Hello Mobile again, in frustration, it turns out(according to customer service, during the 5th conversation) that my phone did NOT require a sim card at all! Then I got an email saying my number ported over fine and all I needed to do to activate was a "network reset".

Since I am totally without a working phone. I followed their instructions to do a "network reset" ...that was about 9 am, I tried several times throughout the morning and did several phone restarts until noon.. still have "no service".

Also their website says "24/7" support through Facebook messenger, but that is not true, because they do not reply until after 8am central time! At 11:12pm central time I sent another series of Facebook messages. Of course, no answer!

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    The recent already existing Hello Mobile thread is at https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...6-Hello-Mobile. Just fyi.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS, Galaxy S9, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS, T-Mobile, RedPocket Verizon, Tello
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Hello Mobile Customer Service and Activation Problems.

Quote Originally Posted by DaisyBug View Post
    I had just tried out Red Pocket Mobile for a few days, but then I saw a better deal on Hello Mobile, so I decided to try them out, but do that later this month, before my current RP plan expires in a few weeks, so I wanted to order a new sim card -for later..(which I had always done with every single other carrier I ever had) But I've had several problems with Hello Mobile!

Ok, first of all, when I contacted Hello Mobile the first time, I was told I needed a sim card for my iPhone 6s. (no problem) To get a sim card mailed, I was informed by multiple customer service agents (via Facebook messenger, their website chat, and over the phone) that first HAD to give my current phone number and port all my info NOW even if I wanted to start the port/service LATER.

I said I had just paid for a month of service on another provider with a number I had used for many months (first on Mint then on Red Pocket), so I did not need/want to port my number or start service with Hello Mobile for at least a month, but I wanted to get my new sim card mailed, so I was ready later. I was told that they HAD to have my information now, to even get a sim mailed.. I gave my information, then a few minutes later I had "No Service" from my current provider (that I had recently paid for), and Red Pockets website said the account was now closed!

So I contacted Hello Mobile again, in frustration, it turns out(according to customer service, during the 5th conversation) that my phone did NOT require a sim card at all! Then I got an email saying my number ported over fine and all I needed to do to activate was a "network reset".

Since I am totally without a working phone. I followed their instructions to do a "network reset" ...that was about 9 am, I tried several times throughout the morning and did several phone restarts until noon.. still have "no service".

Also their website says "24/7" support through Facebook messenger, but that is not true, because they do not reply until after 8am central time! At 11:12pm central time I sent another series of Facebook messages. Of course, no answer!
    Wait, what redpocket carrier was you using? There’s more than just 1.

If redpocket sprint then you wouldn’t need a new sim and it should start working. But if redpocket anything you’d need a new sim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapat
    Current Phone: AT&T XS Silver 256GB. T-Mobile / MetroPCS
    Android device : Galaxy S9 RedPocket Verizon

I am no longer a U.S.Cellular User.
    Speedtest in Knox.TN EvDo Rev.A

My Photography www.hunterspad.com

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Hello Mobile, At&t, Sprint, T-mobile, Straight Talk, Cricket, Boost, Red Pocket, Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    They said that they use Sprint and T-mobiles towers and that my Red Pockets T-mobile sim would work. But that is for sure another thing to add to my questions to them!

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    They said that they use Sprint and T-mobiles towers and that my Red Pockets T-mobile sim would work. But that is for sure another thing to add to my questions to them!
    That would be the first time I've heard of a T-Mobile SIM from one MVNO able to be activated and used on another MVNO.

Are you 100% sure that the facts are being presented correctly here?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Name:  1 tmobile sim card 1.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  137.4 KBName:  2 new sime not required.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  110.0 KBName:  3 end of the day.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  119.7 KBName:  4 no answer.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  122.1 KBName:  5pm central closed.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  120.0 KBName:  5 24 7.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  44.9 KB

Device(s)
    iPhone XS, Galaxy S9, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS, T-Mobile, RedPocket Verizon, Tello
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Doesn’t sound right. That only applies to Sprint

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    They never answer after 5pm on Facebook messenger even though their website says they do! Name:  close up 5 24 7.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  37.1 KB

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Wow. That's just pathetic! A CSR that can't answer a simple, clearly stated question is just about useless! I suggest you call no later than 5:30!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I do have an old Sprint SIM card from Virgin Mobile, and out of curiosity, I popped it in really quick and it said Virgin Mobile at the top right away with a signal! But the APN was blank except for the same "alpha" word next to APN as it has been all along. But even after another network reset, it never changed.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    You bet I will! Mama has to bust some &$% ! lol

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    You bet I will! Mama has to bust some &$% ! lol
    Good luck!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Are you ready for this doozy?! They told me to contact Apple to get their APN settings! lolName:  apple apn setting lol.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  42.2 KB

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Also, after I called them 30 mins before their "24/7" customer serviced closed at 6pm, they sent me from Hello Mobile Tech Support to Qlink support where they told me all about "MY" new Government "FREE" phone that I don't have! lol Then when I hung up and called the correct number back, they closed 15 mins early! lol

Carrier(s)
    VZW - Work / T-Mobile (iPhone)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    If they use sprint and t-mobile, then they likely have the Sprint postpaid service, so you will need a Sprint SIM card that works with your phone. If the old Virgin card was from a similar model iPhone, then it could probably be reused. I would ask for the first month free to compensate for for the lost month since they weren’t supposed to port it immediately. If they don’t agree, tell them politely you want to speak with a supervisor and if not resolved to your satisfaction, you will be filing and FCC complaint for their actions.

I don’t know if you have any recourse, but they ported your number without permission. So Another option would be to call red pocket and tell them that your number was ported without your permission, and ask them how to fix it. If you have provided some sort of PIN or security code, then you may be out of luck on that front, since RP I’ll say that you have them the PIN code....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast