Cricket E5 Supra, Stylo 4, metro Moto e5
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score

Lots of free phones with Port in

Saw this on YouTube

https://youtu.be/1QxnJiHA8oE

Edit: this video may not be accurate.
    Last edited by plane; 07-10-2019 at 05:49 PM.

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Force, X4, G7, G7 Power, G6, G5s+, E5+, E5, E4..
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, Tello and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    We got 4 free Moto G7 Powers almost a month ago for free. Have loved using these ever since. I think these are way better than the E5 Plus. I hate that Motorola was bought out but I think Lenovo has taken good care of the brand so far.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, they're both pretty good phones, but in reality, most phones are really pretty good. The best thing, is it's hard to beat free, or there about.

Device(s)
    Alcatel Fierce 2, VMoto E, Kyocera Icon, Lumia 640, Several Dumb Phones
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Smartel, FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    G7 Power $50 at website. Maybe sale not effective yet?

Device(s)
    nexus and RIP Motorola flip phone
    Carrier(s)
    T -Mobile ATT
    Feedback Score
    Can you port in a MINT phone number ?

My Mint 3 months is over next week ......
    Wanted: old barnfind VWs and Sports cars ,
    save them from the crusher , I have had my tetanus shots so rust does not scare me ,
    anything considered even parts cars

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    First, I noticed the above mentioned free phones are finally on metro's web page.

Second, you can port any number. The issue is which carrier is the mno for mint. If it happens to be t mobile, which I believe it is, yes it can be ported, but you won't get the port in credit for the phone discount. You would need to port from a non t mobile carrier, such as Att, Sprint, or one of their mvno's in order to get port in credit.
    Last edited by plane; 07-15-2019 at 07:50 PM.

Device(s)
    nexus and RIP Motorola flip phone
    Carrier(s)
    T -Mobile ATT
    Feedback Score
    yes MINT is on the Tmobile network......

Since there are only a couple of Metro owned stores around here , I wonder if it will even work.

Just looking to get a G7 Power and then get it unlocked to use overseas..

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,vzw,metro pcs
    Feedback Score
    There used (maybe still can) to be a rather cheap way to Port in by using a "number to Port" which could be bought in eBay for less than $10. Metro dealers may be catching onto this by requiring that the Port in number can actually recieve a phone call, which these soon numbers can't do. Depending on what how much trouble you want to go thruble thru, you could pick up service from either an Att mvno, ie Att prepaid,cricket or even cheaper thru red pocket. I've had service with red pocket and found them easy to work with. They charge as little as $10, a good deal if you have access to either an old Att ,vzw or Sprint handset (red pocket can use any carrier. Once you've got service, then Port it to metro. You can port your mint number or just let them assign you one your going to not keep the metro line. This is still cheaper than buying a non subsidized handset.... But then you still got to unlock the handset for foreign use, unless you use it with metro overseas.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    In the past I have had good luck porting Ting (Sprint) numbers. I have a couple of older Boost Mobile phones left over from the Ring+ days that are on a Ting account. I activate it on the cheapest option (costs about $6) and activate the phone. It sounds complicated but only takes about three minutes.

I do not resell the Metro phones, I mostly use them as replacements for T-Mobile lines. With five of us in the house having a couple of decent spares. I also generally don't unlock or use them on any other network for at least a month.

Some of the local stores have gotten very outrageous with what they require to buy a phone. Often requiring insurance, a case, and a $50 or more activation fee.

Device(s)
    Moto Z2 Force, X4, G7, G7 Power, G6, G5s+, E5+, E5, E4..
    Carrier(s)
    metro by T-Mobile, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, Tello and FreeUp.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by spdracer5g View Post
    In the past I have had good luck porting Ting (Sprint) numbers. I have a couple of older Boost Mobile phones left over from the Ring+ days that are on a Ting account. I activate it on the cheapest option (costs about $6) and activate the phone. It sounds complicated but only takes about three minutes.

I do not resell the Metro phones, I mostly use them as replacements for T-Mobile lines. With five of us in the house having a couple of decent spares. I also generally don't unlock or use them on any other network for at least a month.

Some of the local stores have gotten very outrageous with what they require to buy a phone. Often requiring insurance, a case, and a $50 or more activation fee.
    How are you using them on T-Mobile? Metro phones are locked.