Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ting Moving to Verizon, Not Renewing with Tmobile

Feedback Score
    >I suppose it is possible that Verizon has agreed to contribute to buying new phones for the TMobile users where necessary.

Yeah, sure, uh huh.

Feedback Score
    A pretty significant number of the phones on the network now are already ready for VZW. They just need band compatibility and VoLTE which all new iPhones, many Samsungs and the new Motos already have.

Building on that, T-Mobile is itself shutting down the 2G network around the same time period, so it's likely expected a bunch of non-VoLTE device holders would be poised for an upgrade at that time anyway.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by e.mote View Post
    >I suppose it is possible that Verizon has agreed to contribute to buying new phones for the TMobile users where necessary.

Yeah, sure, uh huh.
    Everything that affects costs anticipated by either side gets factored in when two sophisticated parties negotiate a contract. Not necessarily dollar for dollar, but one way or another in the rates, concessions etc if nothing else. You know that.

Feedback Score
    Anyone know exactly when Ting will stop offering T-Mobile service or is it already done??? I'm thinking about using a Ting sim kit from Bestbuy to port my Cricket numer over to before going to At&t Prepaid. I wanna get the Wally or 360 day deal.

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishx65 View Post
    Anyone know exactly when Ting will stop offering T-Mobile service or is it already done??? I'm thinking about using a Ting sim kit from Bestbuy to port my Cricket numer over to before going to At&t Prepaid. I wanna get the Wally or 360 day deal.
    According to https://www.tucows.com/wp-content/up...transcript.pdf. Tings's T-Mobile contract expire at the end of 2019. I'm surprised that they are still activating devices on T-Mobile, but they are. They also don't seem to be notifying their existing T-Mobile customers. There are lot's of T-Mobile compatible devices that will not work on Verizon or Sprint.

Update: Further down in the pdf I linked to above, I found this:
    "Our agreement with T-Mobile provides a twelve-month runoff period, giving us until December 19th, 2020 to migrate our customers to another network." So it looks like Ting GSM will still work for temporary porting to qualify for promos.
    Last edited by Yeswap; 08-21-2019 at 04:11 PM.
    Compare prepaid plans from all operators at PrepaidCompare.net.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeswap View Post
    According to https://www.tucows.com/wp-content/up...transcript.pdf. Tings's T-Mobile contract expire at the end of 2019. I'm surprised that they are still activating devices on T-Mobile, but they are. They also don't seem to be notifying their existing T-Mobile customers. There are lot's of T-Mobile compatible devices that will not work on Verizon or Sprint.
    Thanks!! I figured $5.00 for a quick in and out port to Ting is a good way to move from Cricket to one of the At&t Prepaid deals.

Feedback Score
    I guess Ting will be selling a lot of phones to a lot of pissed off customers.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.19.20
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 10.05.19

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    I guess Ting will be selling a lot of phones to a lot of pissed off customers.
    Not really. Ting appears to have made all the GSM devices in their store except the SIM out of stock.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeswap View Post
    Not really. Ting appears to have made all the GSM devices in their store except the SIM out of stock.
    I mean their current GSM customers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2