Thread: Changed radio settings

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Changed radio settings

I got into *#*#4636#*#* settings and changed my radio settings. Not exactly a good thing because I didn't realize I couldn't go back to previous setting because it wasn't highlighted so I knew where it was. I tried setting to default but not sure what that did.

Long story short, I tried United States and cellular 800 and it worked on both. I think I also tried Class10. Not sure what that did. When I got home, I was on extended all the time so I chose PCS and that took me out of extended. Good and well.

Today I should have been in extended in a certain area but I had nothing. Searching for service. Uugghhh. Selectel told me to factory reset. Ummm, no!

Guess I should not have been monkeying around. Does anyone know where it should be?

Sent from my Moto G Play using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone XS, Galaxy S9, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS, T-Mobile, RedPocket Verizon, Tello
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Changed radio settings

Quote Originally Posted by mizwiz View Post
    I got into *#*#4636#*#* settings and changed my radio settings. Not exactly a good thing because I didn't realize I couldn't go back to previous setting because it wasn't highlighted so I knew where it was. I tried setting to default but not sure what that did.

Long story short, I tried United States and cellular 800 and it worked on both. I think I also tried Class10. Not sure what that did. When I got home, I was on extended all the time so I chose PCS and that took me out of extended. Good and well.

Today I should have been in extended in a certain area but I had nothing. Searching for service. Uugghhh. Selectel told me to factory reset. Ummm, no!

Guess I should not have been monkeying around. Does anyone know where it should be?

Factory reset will fix it.

If changing your network mode like 3G, 2G, lte etc and back to auto doesn’t fix just factory reset.

It would be helpful if you stated what your carrier is and what setting you currently have it set to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current Phone: AT&T XS Silver 256GB. T-Mobile / MetroPCS
    Android device : Galaxy S9 RedPocket Verizon

I am no longer a U.S.Cellular User.
    Speedtest in Knox.TN EvDo Rev.A

My Photography www.hunterspad.com

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by hyelton View Post
    Factory reset will fix it.

If changing your network mode like 3G, 2G, lte etc and back to auto doesn’t fix just factory reset.

It would be helpful if you stated what your carrier is and what setting you currently have it set to

I didn't change the network type. I only changed the radio band and it is currently on PCS using Selectel.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS, Galaxy S9, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS, T-Mobile, RedPocket Verizon, Tello
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Changed radio settings

I didn't change the network type. I only changed the radio band and it is currently on PCS using Selectel.

Sorry I missed where you had mentioned Selectel. Go to settings, network , and network type change it from whatever it’s on now to something else. And then change it back. Generally that should reset that

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by hyelton View Post
    Sorry I missed where you had mentioned Selectel. Go to settings, network , and network type change it from whatever it’s on now to something else. And then change it back. Generally that should reset that

Thanks. I'll try that.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Thanks. I'll try that.

No difference. I had to change my radio to Cellular 800 to get it to be in extended mode. Then where it should have been Verizon LTE, it was not connected. Shows extended. I had to change radio back to PCS to make it behave. Wish there was a solution to fix it other than factory resetting it. This was changing things in *#*#4636#*#*.

I later did the changes where you instructed: ***** Go to settings, network , and network type change it from whatever it’s on now to something else. And then change it back. ******** We'll see what happens.

Last edited by mizwiz; 07-10-2019 at 07:16 PM.

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Is the device rooted? Network signal guru might be able to reset any locked out bands.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by GPz1100 View Post
    Is the device rooted? Network signal guru might be able to reset any locked out bands.
    Not changed from when I bought it. I'll check that app out. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    In the area where I should have extended, it was searching for service. I tapped Cellular 800 and I had extended. I could send/receive texts only. Calling out gave me a fast busy signal.

When I got into the area where I should have LTE, it did go to LTE. Under my icon it usually says Verizon Wireless but instead it said extended.

I've tried numerous things but I'm thinking I'm going to have to factory reset it. Bummer!!

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    In the area where I should have extended, it was searching for service. I tapped Cellular 800 and I had extended. I could send/receive texts only. Calling out gave me a fast busy signal. When I got into the area where I should have LTE, it did go to LTE. Under my icon it usually says Verizon Wireless but instead it said extended. I've tried numerous things but I'm thinking I'm going to have to factory reset it. Bummer!! Sent from my Moto G Play using HoFo mobile app
    did you try - set radio band mode - Automatic ?? and for set preferred network type - LTE/CDMA/UMTS auto (PRL)

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    did you try - set radio band mode - Automatic ?? and for set preferred network type - LTE/CDMA/UMTS auto (PRL)
    I didn't have a place to set the radio band mode to automatic. I had 4 choices for bands and that's it. That was in the *#*#4636#*#* interface. The preferred network type was already on LTE/CDMA/UMTSD auto (PRL).

I ended up factory resetting. I hope that corrects things.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I drove to places that were 50 miles and under trying to get in an Extended network area and couldn't. I had noticed about a week ago that an area that was always an Extended area was now LTE. My test of the factory reset isn't able to be completed until I drive about 65 miles away.

The reason I messed with my radio settings in the first place was to get VoLTE working. I had Selectel turn it on (again) and upon reboot, it still did not enable. Guess this phone's days are numbered.
    I didn't have a place to set the radio band mode to automatic. I had 4 choices for bands and that's it. That was in the *#*#4636#*#* interface. The preferred network type was already on LTE/CDMA/UMTSD auto (PRL).

I ended up factory resetting. I hope that corrects things.