Thread: Connection issues

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Connection issues

I wasn't sure exactly where I should post this so I hope it's ok to post here.

Just a little while ago I noticed on my one phone that has a prepaid account at AT&T that I was not getting service. It said "emergency calls only". I also noticed that no bars were lit up. I am in my basement and I've never had reception/connection issues and there is always a few bars lit up.

If I go outside, the "emergency calls only" goes away, but I am only seeing one bar lit up where I normally have a lot more. All incoming calls are going to VM and outgoing calls are failing to connect.

I also have a prepaid account with Cricket and I see it's acting in a similar manner.

Has AT&T changed anything recently?

And finally, I have a prepaid account with Tello a Sprint mvno and I am getting great reception/connection in my basement and outside.

Thanks...

Device(s)
    iPhone XS, Galaxy S9, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS, T-Mobile, RedPocket Verizon, Tello
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by curvefan View Post
    I wasn't sure exactly where I should post this so I hope it's ok to post here.

Just a little while ago I noticed on my one phone that has a prepaid account at AT&T that I was not getting service. It said "emergency calls only". I also noticed that no bars were lit up. I am in my basement and I've never had reception/connection issues and there is always a few bars lit up.

If I go outside, the "emergency calls only" goes away, but I am only seeing one bar lit up where I normally have a lot more. All incoming calls are going to VM and outgoing calls are failing to connect.

I also have a prepaid account with Cricket and I see it's acting in a similar manner.

Has AT&T changed anything recently?

And finally, I have a prepaid account with Tello a Sprint mvno and I am getting great reception/connection in my basement and outside.

Thanks...
    Maybe att service is not great at your location? Or there working on something. I would say best to call but they’re just gonna blame your phone lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current Phone: AT&T XS Silver 256GB. T-Mobile / MetroPCS
    Android device : Galaxy S9 RedPocket Verizon

I am no longer a U.S.Cellular User.
    Speedtest in Knox.TN EvDo Rev.A

My Photography www.hunterspad.com

Device(s)
    Moto G4 Play (unlocked version)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    That's happened to me and turning the phone off and back on fixed it. Worth a try if you haven't already done it.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Thanks guys for your suggestions.

Yeah, I doubt calling would do any good. I also turned the phone off and then back on again. That didn't help.

I also turned off the phone and removed the SIM card and reinserted it and turned on the phone again and that also did nothing.

I'm really starting to think there is a problem with AT&T service in my area as my wife just called from work and she's having the same exact issue and she's never had a problem like this before. She has an H2O prepaid account.

Like I said in my original post, I've also never experienced a problem like this until just today.

Hopefully it gets resolved sooner than later.......

Device(s)
    iPhone XS, Galaxy S9, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS, T-Mobile, RedPocket Verizon, Tello
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by curvefan View Post
    Thanks guys for your suggestions.

Yeah, I doubt calling would do any good. I also turned the phone off and then back on again. That didn't help.

I also turned off the phone and removed the SIM card and reinserted it and turned on the phone again and that also did nothing.

I'm really starting to think there is a problem with AT&T service in my area as my wife just called from work and she's having the same exact issue and she's never had a problem like this before. She has an H2O prepaid account.

Like I said in my original post, I've also never experienced a problem like this until just today.

Hopefully it gets resolved sooner than later.......
    Hopefully...

Back in late 2016. My service did the same at my home. It took over a year later after calling and calling to find out that they had adjusted the antennas to my closest tower and no plans of moving it back. So I ditched them last year. I had an postpaid account. Funny part. The same tower is also T-Mobile and I get full service while att none

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk