Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pie notification went away

Feedback Score

Pie notification went away

I've got a Moto G6 Play on Sprint. Yesterday I got a notification about the Pie update, but said to create more space, so I went to do that, and the notification screen disappeared. If I check for the update in settings, it says I have the latest version, with Android 8. Why? How can I get that update info again?

Feedback Score
    Turn off phone completely, wait 10 mins & turn it back on. Within a specified time, an update check should happen. Could be a minute, an hour, a day or a week usually.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.19.20
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 10.05.19

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    Turn off phone completely, wait 10 mins & turn it back on. Within a specified time, an update check should happen. Could be a minute, an hour, a day or a week usually.
    Nothing still. I don't think it's going to, considering it was already showing available, but now doesn't. Something happened to make it go away, and say it's not available now.

Feedback Score
    try connecting to WIFI and see if the update notification shows.

Device(s)
    Moto E4 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Red Pocket (AT&T)-3 Lines
    Feedback Score
    Are you sure you want the Pie update?????

Just updated my Moto G6 Play & already wish I could go back to Oreo. Pie screws up Dolby Audio big time (and you can't turn it off) Also hate the adaptive brightness, which worked great before. I'm attempting to re-train the brightness & it looks like it is slowly coming back. (Fingers crossed) Battery life seems to have taken a hit, but not 100% sure on that one.

The only good news so far is boot & shut down times are much improved.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    OP, for whatever it is worth the Pie update is certainly not required for the phone to operate properly. I have it on my Samsung 9 plus and despite some cosmetic changes, I don't see much difference. Keep using Oreo and when it is meant to happen, it will show up again later.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Device(s)
    Moto E4 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Is it possible to bypass software updates altogether if one desires to do so? I want to buy another Moto G6 Play but keep it on 8.0 Oreo. 9.0 Pie is a disappointing downgrade on this phone. If possible I would like to get security updates, but not software. Thanks for any input!!

Feedback Score
    FYI I got the notification again around 7/26. A few things I don't like about Pie, but a few things I do.

Device(s)
    Moto E4 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack9 View Post
    FYI I got the notification again around 7/26. A few things I don't like about Pie, but a few things I do.
    Good luck with Pie. My phone mic went out this morning (1 month out of warranty) & the fingerprint sensor still doesn't work after the Pie update. Checking to see if Motorola will honor the warranty. Otherwise will likely toss the phone. Not worth fixing if I have to shell out any money on it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Rules View Post
    Good luck with Pie. My phone mic went out this morning (1 month out of warranty) & the fingerprint sensor still doesn't work after the Pie update. Checking to see if Motorola will honor the warranty. Otherwise will likely toss the phone. Not worth fixing if I have to shell out any money on it.
    FYI, Best Buy had the unlocked G7 Play for $19.99 with activation (no contract required) a few days ago. G7 Power was $49.99. The sale seems to go on and off at random.

Feedback Score
    How long do I have to keep the phone activated to get the best buy activated sale price on the unlocked phones? I don't need a new line but I could use a backup phone.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by echo4thirty View Post
    How long do I have to keep the phone activated to get the best buy activated sale price on the unlocked phones? I don't need a new line but I could use a backup phone.
    I don't have the current Best Buy offer available, but at the very least you need to make sure there is no equipment lease balance left to upgrade and likely would have to be a new line of service with a new phone # at that price.

Feedback Score
    Ok I'll go in and ask them I guess. I just didnt want to alarm them.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Moto E4 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack9 View Post
    FYI, Best Buy had the unlocked G7 Play for $19.99 with activation (no contract required) a few days ago. G7 Power was $49.99. The sale seems to go on and off at random.
    Thanks, but don't like either of those phones at their unactivated prices. The regular G7 has so-so battery life & the Power's screen resolution is poor compared to the G6 Play (No Dolby Audio & it's a bit heavy too)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Rules View Post
    Thanks, but don't like either of those phones at their unactivated prices. The regular G7 has so-so battery life & the Power's screen resolution is poor compared to the G6 Play (No Dolby Audio & it's a bit heavy too)
    The G7 Power has a slightly higher resolution than the G6 Play.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast