Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Think ATT would match Verizon Visible offer?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Think ATT would match Verizon Visible offer?

I prefer to stay with ATT but I pay for added lines (4) and ulimited texts, and 20GB of data shared. With all the taxes and junk its around $210 with work discount.

The no contract Verizon Visible with unlimited calls, text, and data is $40 per line....all fees and taxes included. Nearly $50 savings would be a big help. I know ATT has a similar plan but I don't think its as simply priced.

Any thoughts?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by mike62 View Post
    I prefer to stay with ATT but I pay for added lines (4) and ulimited texts, and 20GB of data shared. With all the taxes and junk its around $210 with work discount.

The no contract Verizon Visible with unlimited calls, text, and data is $40 per line....all fees and taxes included. Nearly $50 savings would be a big help. I know ATT has a similar plan but I don't think its as simply priced.

Any thoughts?
    At&t doesn't even have volte on prepaid/mvnos.. You're asking about a dinosaur company.

Sent from my K88 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256Gb
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp99 View Post
    At&t doesn't even have volte on prepaid/mvnos.. You're asking about a dinosaur company.

Sent from my K88 using HoFo mobile app
    You should really do some research before posting BS.

https://www.cricketwireless.com/hd-voice
    https://bestmvno.com/att/att-prepaid...e-calling/amp/
    Hartford, CT Area

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I think it's highly doubtful AT&T postpaid will compete with a VZW owned "MVNO" prepaid.

If AT&T postpaid does come up with something competitive to VZW's Visible it will not be aimed at or responding to Visible's offerings.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.19.20
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 10.05.19

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Any thoughts?
    AT&T (mainstream, postpaid) vs Visible (MVNO)?? You're comparing apples and lug nuts.

Look, the Big Four will ALWAYS have the most and most current feature sets. And you will pay for that.

If you don't want to pay and instead you choose to go the cheaper MVNO route, then you will instead choose to give up features. It's your choice. You get what you pay for; but, does the additional expense have value to you? Only you can answer that question.

MVNOs can be hellacious good deals. Overall, there's no real reason not to go MVNO, with proper research. Most people nowadays don't need the Big Four brand name products; however, they're afraid to do anything else for Fear Of Missing Out. Nothing more.

If you want to stay AT&T, go Cricket. No complaints here with my wife and kids. What you'll trade off is roaming, hotspot (costs extra on Cricket), speed (limited to 8Mb/s, but who cares), etc. You'll get native AT&T coverage, and unlimited data, and that's what counts--if you're interested in "staying with AT&T".

The MVNOs resell the Big Four technical service, but with twists of their own.

But if you're like the cable TV types--"oh, I MUST HAVE all these feature sets that cost me $250/month, I CANNOT do without!" then suck it up and pay the AT&T brand name service, postpaid. You won't find those features in the MVNO market at MVNO prices. There ain't no such thing as a free lunch. MVNOs do a great job of serving up different feature sets at different price levels, so that YOU can evaluate their value to YOU.

AT&T, the brand name, will NOT match anything anyone else is doing--not directly. Best case, they'll compete fairly directly with what the other Big Three are doing. MVNOs? Never. MVNOs serve a separate purpose--to provide alternative levels--and prices!--of service without sullying the names or pricing structures of the Big Four, without the Big Four names themselves being directly affiliated with Ghetto Wireless.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by DRC72 View Post
    That is true when it comes to unlocked phones. I left them over that

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, RP
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Any thoughts?
    If ATT decided to compete like this at some point, it would have to be through something like Cricket. Owned by ATT, but different name.
    iPhone X is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

Device(s)
    iPhone Xs 256 GB Gold (Dual SIM)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility, T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    AT&T used to offer $45 after $20 autopay discount for unlimited on their prepaid plan, taxes not included. That's the closest you'll find to visible's offer... not sure if/when that will be back though. You could also have better coverage (in theory) due to AT&T Prepaid having access to AT&T's huge UMTS network, whereas visible is LTE only.... pings are also lower on AT&T prepaid, going through the standard consumer core, whereas visible customers have to go through a virtual core. Their pings are usually above 70ms...
    AT&T: 2008, 2012-2014, 2016-Present
    T-Mobile: 2011-2012, 2015, 2017-2019
    Verizon: 2010 via Straight Talk for 2 months, 2018
    Sprint: Couldn't pay me to use them

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    AT&T wants autopay. If you want to play, you gotta autopay.

4 lines, 16GB per line unl talk + text, 10 GB hotspot, some Canada and Mexico, $120/month + taxes...you gotta autopay.

https://www.att.com/att/prepaid-multiline-discount/

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, RP
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I don't think the ATT $45 after autopay plan included hotspot, which may be necessary for some people. I used it in May when I started a new job for a week since the wi-fi at the company had issues with my on boarding. On my current Verizon plan, I think I used about 2GB of hotspot last month.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    here is url https://www.att.com/prepaid/plans.html

looks like the 8 gb x 2 ended JUL/11/2019, so it is 8 gb of data; not 16.
    Last edited by Greenmule; 07-13-2019 at 02:21 PM. Reason: correction

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, RP
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    That $85/70 unlimited plan, for me, is getting high enough that I would go with the 9GB $60+tax plan. Which would also allow me to add my Cellular Apple Watch.

So for maybe $10/month more, I could have service on my watch if I wanted to go out without my phone.

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    With 4 lines, you can get Postpaid AT&T for $160/mo total if you get the basic plan. Prepaid/MVNOs are primarily aimed at single lines, although many are also offering multi-line plans, i.e. Cricket and MetroPCS.

Visible seems on it's face to be a super duper deal, but there are a ton of caveats, like no international roaming, no domestic roaming, no domestic extended (LTEiRA), depri, higher pings, no CDMA, throttled hotspot.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    what is "watch tv on us"? i know what i think it is, but what is it in actual?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenmule View Post
    what is "watch tv on us"? i know what i think it is, but what is it in actual?
    attwatchtv.com

Congrats! You’ve unlocked the WatchTV App with your AT&T Unlimited &MoreSMplan!
    Now you can enjoy 30+ live TV channels of breaking news, shows, and so much more all playing on your favorite devices.
    apparently also includes "15,000 on-demand titles". Ah--that depends on which premium channel you choose from. HBO, Showtime, Starz, Cinemax. Or you can choose Pandora Premium. (Gee, T-Mo already gives me Pandora standard...)

Streaming on Android, iOS, Apple TV, and Fire TV. No mention of Roku.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast