Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Old Tracfones

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    621
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

    Old Tracfones

    I have a several (7) inactive Tracfones that are still on my account. Is there any reason to keep them in my account? There are 2 phones that I don't even know what device they are for.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Buckeye Land
    Posts
    500
    Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I cleared several out of my account some time ago had to do chat because online delete doesn't work

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    California Gold Country
    Posts
    6,152
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Are these shown as phones or SIMs in the account?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    3,026
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    App delete works.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    621
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Are these shown as phones or SIMs in the account?
    How can you tell? I believe all of them have the imei numbers attached to them. I looked up a couple of them because there were 2 phones that said "Backup Old" and I had no idea what phones they were. I should just delete them all except my Fiesta 2s. My 41C is still listed and I haven't used that one in 6 years. I thought I deleted that one way back when.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    6,691
    Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, Lumia 640XL
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Are these shown as phones or SIMs in the account?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris109 View Post
    How can you tell?
    A BYOP SIM is shown with a SIM icon. A phone is shown with a phone icon.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    California Gold Country
    Posts
    6,152
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris109 View Post
    How can you tell? I believe all of them have the imei numbers attached to them. I looked up a couple of them because there were 2 phones that said "Backup Old" and I had no idea what phones they were.
    In the top colored bar there will be a symbol to the left of the IMEI/MEID/nickname. A SIM card for a BYOP, and a phone for a Tracfone branded phone. You can add a nickname that should display with the IMEI/MEID. I just added a descriptive nickname on an inactive phone, and it leaves the IMEI intact. Do you have all the IMEI/MEID numbers displaying?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    621
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    In the top colored bar there will be a symbol to the left of the IMEI/MEID/nickname. A SIM card for a BYOP, and a phone for a Tracfone branded phone. You can add a nickname that should display with the IMEI/MEID. I just added a descriptive nickname on an inactive phone, and it leaves the IMEI intact. Do you have all the IMEI/MEID numbers displaying?
    These are all TF branded phones. I went ahead and deleted 2 of them last night. However, the 41C I can not delete no matter what. It won't delete thru the website and thru the app, there is no option to delete it like the other phones. I'm getting another Stylo 4 tomorrow so when I chat with CS I'll get rid of most of them. I never deleted any of them just in case I needed them for something. But I have enough newer fones that I do not need to hang on to the ancient ones.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    California Gold Country
    Posts
    6,152
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris109 View Post
    However, the 41C I can not delete no matter what. It won't delete thru the website and thru the app, there is no option to delete it like the other phones.
    Maybe they freeze the old CDMA phones in the account because they can't be activated anymore. They did this with 2G GSM phones when AT&T was shutting down 2G. I just made a plain text list of the ESNs and copied it into the chat window so the CSR could remove them.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    BFE
    Posts
    8,124
    Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris109 View Post
    However, the 41C I can not delete no matter what. It won't delete thru the website and thru the app, there is no option to delete it like the other phones.
    Most likely it's listed as the account owner.

    There used to be a way to change which device is tagged that way.

Similar Threads

  1. is there ANY reason to keep an old Tracfone?
    By cps6568 in forum Tracfone/Net10
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-29-2009, 01:31 AM
  2. Is it possible to reactivate old tracfones?
    By Extraordinary in forum Tracfone/Net10
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 11-07-2008, 03:53 PM
  3. old tracfone to page plus
    By elenam in forum Page Plus Cellular
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-20-2007, 02:35 PM
  4. Selling Old Tracfone or Minutes on eBay
    By tron81 in forum General Prepaid discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-06-2007, 07:15 PM
  5. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-04-2007, 06:44 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks