Thread: Where to port or stay with Red Pocket? There will be rambling.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Where to port or stay with Red Pocket? There will be rambling.

I hardly use my phone anymore it seems. Not sure about my usage as Red Pocket doesn't provide that. Coming up on the end of my 360 day UTT 5GB GSMA plan then have two monthly PINs. So I have about 2.5 months before I jump or stay.

My phone will work on Sprint, AT&T, T-Mobile & VZW not (really it will but VZW are idiots). Around here AT&T & Sprint coverage are the best. So I will go with either backbone but not T-Mobile nor VZW.

I currently have 3 networks at my disposal. Main line Red Pocket GSMA. Two other networks for emergency glovebox phones are on the Sprint & T-Mobile backbones. Access to multiple networks is a consideration in case of shtf situations.

And I've been on Pay As You Go plans as my main line before. I hated the thought that in shtf situations I'd be SOL. Because a lot of these plans have hard in the moment of need refill processes or don't have reliable overage buckets, reserves or whatever they name them.

To re-up with Red Pocket just saw 500/500/500 for $84. Or 1000min/Unl Txt/1GB $149, UTT 1GB $205 or my current UTT 5GB for $240. So for my peace of mind it'd be minimum $205 for UT. Text & Data are not shtf critical concerns for me.

So I am looking at Tello (Sprint) for my main line. Customer Service has been excellent ime with my 2 glovebox phones. Considering their PayGo at .01 min/ .01 txt & .02 MB. Or Tello's UTT 500MB for $9 mo + taxes (think taxes/fees $2 max). For PayGo minutes, txts & data would peel off my balance a penny or two at a time.

So it's got to be easy to set up & use. And considerate of my shtf concerns.

Anybody read through this? Suggestions?
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.19.20
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 10.05.19

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    ...Anybody read through this? Suggestions?
    I did. It was nicely broken up into short paragraphs.

If Sprint works well where you are you are fortunate and it doesn't get much/any better than Tello for Sprint service. The minimum deposit for paygo was upped to $10 a while ago and the rate for voice calls is 2 cents a minute.

Another alternative is the Tracfone special of 1200 v, t, d for one year for $50.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/283448464240?ul_noapp=true

The service units stay on the account until you use them or until the service end date. Tracfone works with Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile.

Both are easy to fund using their app on the phone.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Thanks.

I'm looking here .01 minute.
    https://tello.com/rates/pay_as_you_go
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    Thanks.

I'm looking here .01 minute.
    You are correct. Thank you. I had not noticed that they dropped the paygo voice cost since I set mine up a couple of years ago.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    My mind subject to change is Tello PayGo. Throw $20 on there & see what happens. I'd think the few bucks I have remaining can be rolled into a monthly plan if PayGo doesn't suit.

But I have 2.5 months to figure this.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8 Active
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Lycamobile, Sprint, Tello, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Yes, Indeed, you seem to be in the perfect spot for a move to Tello. Very easy to recharge, easy to slide over to a plan if you need to.

I would toss in that some folks have a Tello referral in signature, and I keep meaning to upgrade to do that ...

Tello referrals are good for a signup credit of $10 (for both) and there's also a coupon you can apply on a new account for 15 percent, that is 15OFFAFF that I used last week, I also saw SWITCH30 posted somewhere for a discount, no idea if that one works though.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    @Vertabrae TY

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Wow. When did Tello paygo get reduced to $0.01/min?

I think the last time I checked, Tello paygo was $0.03/min. I don't remember it ever being $0.02/min. But at $0.01/min, it's an even better value, obviously!

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Wow. When did Tello paygo get reduced to $0.01/min?

I think the last time I checked, Tello paygo was $0.03/min. I don't remember it ever being $0.02/min. But at $0.01/min, it's an even better value, obviously!
    I don't know. I incorrectly said yesterday that talk was 2 cents. It was 3/2/1, v/t/d when I setup my accounts a couple of years ago for phones that had been on Ringplus.

1 cent is better than 3 so no complaints there.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Has to been changed in the last month. Was $0.03 a minute last month. Makes me think I might suck it up for my work # on paygo once my work TF runs out of time.

Sent from my A502DL using Tapatalk