Thread: FreeUp the Paid Plans. I already searched here & their website.

Feedback Score

FreeUp the Paid Plans. I already searched here & their website.

I did search Hofo & the FreeUp FAQs & didn't find the answers.

I have an unlocked feature/dumb phone that passed the FreeUp compatibility check.

With this feature phone can I buy the Unlimited Talk, Unlimited Text & 200MB plan for $10?

Is the $10 plan VOIP or Cellular Voice Minutes?

What methods of payments does FreeUp accept? Please include all methods that are accepted.

Is auto-renewal required for the $10 plan? Or can I pay month to month?

I currently have emailed FreeUp also. So I will post their response.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.19.20
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 10.05.19

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Feedback Score
    Yes the Phone will work fine. No need for autopay. Major credit cards. But if you don’t need data just get the free plan.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    Yes the Phone will work fine. No need for autopay. Major credit cards. But if you don’t need data just get the free plan.
    Thanks.
    But I think the Free Plan is VOIP & on this senior friendly Feature Phone that won't work. And it has to be this phone, believe me.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    Thanks.
    But I think the Free Plan is VOIP & on this senior friendly Feature Phone that won't work. And it has to be this phone, believe me.
    FreeUp is real cellular voice on all plans.

Feedback Score
    @Boz1 Thanks

Device(s)
    iPhone XS, Galaxy S9, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS, T-Mobile, RedPocket Verizon, Tello
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    I did search Hofo & the FreeUp FAQs & didn't find the answers.

I have an unlocked feature/dumb phone that passed the FreeUp compatibility check.

With this feature phone can I buy the Unlimited Talk, Unlimited Text & 200MB plan for $10?

Is the $10 plan VOIP or Cellular Voice Minutes?

What methods of payments does FreeUp accept? Please include all methods that are accepted.

Is auto-renewal required for the $10 plan? Or can I pay month to month?

I currently have emailed FreeUp also. So I will post their response.
    What is the unlocked phone? You didn’t post the model.

Free up is all cellular based for voice and text so no stupid app like freedompop.

Auto renewal not sure but don’t think it would be required.

Payment methods are credit/debit cards not sure on PayPal as I only use the free plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current Phone: AT&T XS Silver 256GB. T-Mobile / MetroPCS
    Android device : Galaxy S9 RedPocket Verizon

I am no longer a U.S.Cellular User.
    Speedtest in Knox.TN EvDo Rev.A

My Photography www.hunterspad.com

Feedback Score
    FreeUp's Quick & comprehensive response. Also a TF CS# (888) 316-0686.

FreeUP Mobile (FreeUP Mobile)

Jul 15, 12:28 PDT
    Hello -

Thank you for contacting us. FreeUP Mobile offer talk, text and data services, we use the same cellular towers as AT&T and our network coverage includes the US and Puerto Rico. You may activate a new number with us or port an existing number over to us and there is no additional charge.

We accept American Express, Mastercard and Visa. You may set your account up on auto-renew to help eliminate the worry of when to pay your bill next, but it is not required.

If you have a device you would like to use on the FreeUP Mobile network, as long as it is compatible with the network and isn't locked to another service provider, you should not have any trouble using the services with an activated FreeUP Mobile SIM card.

Most GSM network type phones 3G and higher should work. You can check the compatibility online, at the link below, using the IMEI. You can find your phone's IMEI by dialing * # 0 6 # from the phone, and the IMEI should display on the screen.

To verify device's compatibility, click here -> https://www.freeupmobile.com/compatibility.

FreeUp uses the following frequency/bands:

3G WCDMA/UMTS/HSDPA/HSPA+ - 850/1900MHz Bands 2 & 5
    4G LTE –700/850/1900/1700/2100/2300MHz Bands 2, 4, 5, 12, 17, 29, 30, 40, 66.
    2G Devices are no longer supported by the network, therefore will not work with our systems.

Important Note:
    A 'Compatibility Check' and 'Locked Devices' – they are different.

Compatibility check verifies if a device/phone is compatible with our Network's technology.
    Phone Lock is something some carriers do to ensure the phone is only used with their network.

In order for a device to work on the FreeUP Mobile Network, the device must also be unlocked from the previous/original carrier. Unfortunately, there is no master list we can refer to and providers do not share this information with other carriers, so we cannot tell if a device is locked, even if we have the IMEI. Customers need to verify with the previous provider their device lock policy, only they can tell you if the device is locked, and provide the necessary code to unlock it if it is.

Below is an overview of the FreeUP Mobile ordering and activation process:
    To us the FreeUP Mobile services, a FreeUP Mobile SIM card is required.
    1. Purchase SIM Card online at www.FreeupMobile.com or from Amazon.com.
    2. Activate your SIM.
    Once you receive your SIM card, there are two options to activate:
    · ONLINE- Login or Register your web account at https://freeupmobile.com/account/login.
    · Click on “ACTIVATE SIM CARD”, or ‘Activate’ on the Top Menu. At this point you can either choose to keep your old number or obtain a new one.
    3. Program your phone with the proper APN settings (available on https://freeupmobile.com/support/data-setup )
    4. Download Rewards and Talk app.
    · https://www.freeupmobile.com/rewards.
    · https://www.freeupmobile.com/freeup-talk.
    5. Log into Rewards and FreeUP Talk app.
    · Rewards app login is the 4 digit code you chose when activating your SIM.
    · FreeUp Talk app 4 digit code will be texted to you when you first login.
    6. Spend 15 minutes a day doing various categories to earn points.
    7. Points add up and when your first payment is due. Any reward dollars you've earned will automatically be applied to your account. If your reward dollars cover your entire balance you owe nothing but if not, you only pay the difference.

SIM card orders sent from FreeUP Mobile are shipped First Class Mail from Dallas, Texas. After you receive your SIM card, just log into your account online at freeupmobile.com, and click on activate. The system will prompt you through the steps. You can follow the process to activate it with a new number, or port an active number over to us from another provider.

For additional FreeUP Mobile help, you may also call us at (888) 316-0686 to speak directly with a FreeUP Mobile Representative for further assistance.

Thank you again for contacting us, ​

FreeUP Support

Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto E5 Play, AT&T F160 flip, Kyo Dura XT
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, FreeUp, Tello, T-Mo Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    The rewards and talk apps are not necessary and are only used to acquire extra free data on a smart phone. I recommend the completely free plan for a feature phone if you don't need data. You still have to give them a credit card but it only gets charged for the SIM card. Each month you need to log on and select the free plan for the coming period (small effort for free talk & text!).

Sent from my moto e5 play using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Unlimited is needed. Anyways this is even further out time wise as a need & not a want than my other query.

Things change FAST in MVNO pricing wars. Can we say wars? I think it's brutal but good for us consumers.