Thread: Activating New Phone with Tracfone eBay Sim/1200 minutes & Transferring Phone # ??

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Activating New Phone with Tracfone eBay Sim/1200 minutes & Transferring Phone # ??

I have not had to do this in a long time so I have questions about this for my GF.

GF is wanting to transfer minutes and phone # from LG 840G (feature phone) to Samsung S9. GF also has the eBay $49.99 new sim with 1200 minutes deal as well.

My question is how does she go about this and keep her old minutes/number PLUS do her new minutes & new sim?

TIA.
    KINDNESS SHOULD BE A DISEASE

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, Lumia 640XL
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    The 840G is a GSM phone, using either AT&T or T-mobile.
    1. Is the Ebay new SIM for the same carrier?
    2. Did the SIM come with a separate time card or the minutes/days are loaded to the SIM?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    The 840G is a GSM phone, using either AT&T or T-mobile.
    1. Is the Ebay new SIM for the same carrier?
    2. Did the SIM come with a separate time card or the minutes/days are loaded to the SIM?
    GF did the "not sure" so she has all 3 sims plus the minute card. Thanks hpham for replying.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Part of activating a new phone/SIM is an option to transfer number and minutes from old phone.

Once the new phone is active just add the airtime.

Dies she plan to stay on AT&T or move to TMO or VZW?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by ST Dog View Post
    Part of activating a new phone/SIM is an option to transfer number and minutes from old phone.

Once the new phone is active just add the airtime.

Dies she plan to stay on AT&T or move to TMO or VZW?
    I think she wants Verizon. Thanks for your reply ST Dog!

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, Lumia 640XL
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkle3 View Post
    I think she wants Verizon. Thanks for your reply ST Dog!
    If she wants Verizon, use the whitelist check first to make sure the S9 will pass. Go to TF web site and select ACTIVATE-->BYOP. When it asks if you already have a SIM, select I DON'T HAVE ONE (I know she does have the SIMs)-->select Verizon-->Enter the S9's IMEI. If it says the phone is compatible, good, proceed with the steps below. If it says the phone is not compatible, come back here and let us know.

1. Add the LG 840G, and the BYOP TF/VZW SIM to the same account.
    2. Contact TF using Chat, ask the rep to give you the current balances of the 840G (to have it in the chat transcript for record), then tell the rep you want to activate the BYOP SIM with A TRANSFER FROM THE 840G. The rep will ask for the SIM number and the S9's IMEI, and some "challenge" questions for security purpose. (Don't mention anything about the time card, you can add it later).
    3. Because you're transferring cross-carriers, it might take from 30 minutes up to 48 hrs to get the phone number ported from AT&T to Verizon. Don't start the activation/transfer late in the day or before a weekend/holiday, the people in the porting department might have already left.
    4. At the end of the Chat, copy the chat transcript from the chat box, paste it into a text file on your computer, and save it for record.
    5. Put the BYOP SIM into the S9.
    6. When the 840G stops working, turn on the S9 and see if it has service. If it does, make some test calls, send some test texts. Turn on Data, turn off Wifi and see if you can access an online site using Data. Send an MMS with attachments and see if it works.
    7. If everything works OK, wait a few days to make sure all the balances are correct, then add the new time card to the BYOP SIM.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    If she wants Verizon, use the whitelist check first to make sure the S9 will pass. Go to TF web site and select ACTIVATE-->BYOP. When it asks if you already have a SIM, select I DON'T HAVE ONE (I know she does have the SIMs)-->select Verizon-->Enter the S9's IMEI. If it says the phone is compatible, good, proceed with the steps below. If it says the phone is not compatible, come back here and let us know.

1. Add the LG 840G, and the BYOP TF/VZW SIM to the same account.
    2. Contact TF using Chat, ask the rep to give you the current balances of the 840G (to have it in the chat transcript for record), then tell the rep you want to activate the BYOP SIM with A TRANSFER FROM THE 840G. The rep will ask for the SIM number and the S9's IMEI, and some "challenge" questions for security purpose. (Don't mention anything about the time card, you can add it later).
    3. Because you're transferring cross-carriers, it might take from 30 minutes up to 48 hrs to get the phone number ported from AT&T to Verizon. Don't start the activation/transfer late in the day or before a weekend/holiday, the people in the porting department might have already left.
    4. At the end of the Chat, copy the chat transcript from the chat box, paste it into a text file on your computer, and save it for record.
    5. Put the BYOP SIM into the S9.
    6. When the 840G stops working, turn on the S9 and see if it has service. If it does, make some test calls, send some test texts. Turn on Data, turn off Wifi and see if you can access an online site using Data. Send an MMS with attachments and see if it works.
    7. If everything works OK, wait a few days to make sure all the balances are correct, then add the new time card to the BYOP SIM.
    GF did all of this and was activated through chat in 10 minutes! TY for the steps!!!