Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Cheapest Tracfone service card to use on second phone

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Cheapest Tracfone service card to use on second phone

What is the cheapest Tracfone card to use on a second phone that will be used occasionally?

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, Lumia 640XL
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    That depends on whether or not you need many service days with it, and if it will be always active as a standby phone, or just activated as needed.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by haymeadowfield View Post
    What is the cheapest Tracfone card to use on a second phone that will be used occasionally?
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tracfone-Pr...-/283448464240 for $49.99 for 1200/1200/3GB/1 Year might be best.

There's a full discussion on it at https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...-from-Tracfone

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    $10 is the cheapest card, but only 30 days.
    The $20 card is 90 days, 3 times as long.

If you can't used the basic cards, then $15 card is 30 days vs $25 for 60 days.

But long term the $50 1 yr deal on eBay is the cheapest per day.

And is this a phone you have? If bot phones bundled with 1yr of service on HSN/QVC tend to be best deal.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    That depends on whether or not you need many service days with it, and if it will be always active as a standby phone, or just activated as needed.
    It will only be used as needed which I never know when that might be. We sometimes leave on a road trip which takes us into areas with no ATT service. So I want to activate a Verizon sim that I would use in those areas. Just want to make sure we have service if something should happen. Some of these areas do not have houses close together where you could go for help. As we usually leave early in the morning, we can go for miles without even seeing another vehicle.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    It will only be used as needed which I never know when that might be. We sometimes leave on a road trip which takes us into areas with no ATT service. So I want to activate a Verizon sim that I would use in those areas. Just want to make sure we have service if something should happen. Some of these areas do not have houses close together where you could go for help. As we usually leave early in the morning, we can go for miles without even seeing another vehicle.
    I think my original suggestion would be best, assuming you already have a compatible phone.

Otherwise, check out HSN and/or QVC for a bundled phone and 1 year plan, that can sometimes start out as cheap as $59.99.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    It will only be used as needed which I never know when that might be. We sometimes leave on a road trip which takes us into areas with no ATT service. So I want to activate a Verizon sim that I would use in those areas.
    How many of those trips do you take in a year, and are they "bunched" together? If they're fairly spaced out and you take no more than 3 trips a year, then the $9.99 30-min/30-day card is a good choice if you have a phone/SIM with TMFL. That will get you 90 talk/text/MB each. If you run short of talk minutes, add a $10 500-minute card and you'll have plenty.

If your trips are bunched together, any card that gives 90 days is a better choice. If you take many trips throughout the year, then a $50 1200/1200/1200 1-yr deal is the best option.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I would be using my unlocked Moto G4 which I checked on Tracfone site and it is compatible.
    Maybe I will try the $20.00 90 day card just to see how it works out. That way if it doesn't work, I'm not out much. I could do the 30 day but it would be my luck that we wouldn't be going into any area with no ATT service in that time frame.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I could do the 30 day but it would be my luck that we wouldn't be going into any area with no ATT service in that time frame.
    I'm talking about waiting until right before your trip to active a phone on Verizon. Then let it lapse after your trip. Then activate it again before the 2nd trip.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Our trips are usually spur of the moment. If someone else can't go to pick up a machine or parts for the business, we end up going as we have the time (being retired).

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Is the Moto G4 even VoLTE ? If not, you're out of luck on any Vzw carrier.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Yes I understand it is VoLTE.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Yes I understand it is VoLTE.
    If it's a G4, and not a G4 Play, you may be OK with VoLTE. You might try this test to check for that.
    https://www.pagepluscellular.com/net...mer-migration/

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Maybe I will try the $20.00 90 day card just to see how it works out. That way if it doesn't work, I'm not out much.
    Newer SIM kits do not have TMFL, so are limited to the Smartphone cards. If you use a Basic card it will only give face value. $20/90 day Basic card is 60 minutes, and that's what you would get. 180 minutes with TMFL.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    If it's a G4, and not a G4 Play, you may be OK with VoLTE. You might try this test to check for that.
    https://www.pagepluscellular.com/net...mer-migration/
    https://www.howardforums.com/newrepl...ply&p=17084369
    It is a G4 not a G4 Play.
    I tried your link but when I entered my IMEI it did not do anything. No error message or anything.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast