Device(s)
    Lg800g
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

moto e5 double tap off issue

I really like my moto e5 fingerprint "on" feature. The power button bump though the hard case "screen off", not so much. I tried 3 apps that said they would double tap off and not interfer with the fingerprint on. All three took you right to the pin backup to bring the screen back. All three warn you to remove the app using their meathod. I can live with the power button bump but if anyone finds a way to make the double tap off work, let me know.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I had it working with Nova launcher. But it takes the paid version to get the double tap feature.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I have a Moto G6. I installed an app called "Screen Off Lite" which enables me to turn off the screen by simply touching the app icon, negating having to use the power button every time I want to turn off the screen. It's not as convenient as the double tap feature on LG phones since you have to touch the icon as opposed to touching anywhere on the the screen, but it doesn't interfere with the fingerprint feature.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by jerry430 View Post
    I have a Moto G6. I installed an app called "Screen Off Lite" which enables me to turn off the screen by simply touching the app icon, negating having to use the power button every time I want to turn off the screen. It's not as convenient as the double tap feature on LG phones since you have to touch the icon as opposed to touching anywhere on the the screen, but it doesn't interfere with the fingerprint feature.
    Why not use the One Button Nav feature with the G6? A one second press of the fingerprint sensor can turn the screen on or off. You can also navigate using the sensor. Great feature on the front fingerprint sensor Moto models.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I use the "Screen Off Lite" app so I don't have to use, and possibly eventually wear out, the power button. The same holds true for the fingerprint sensor; I don't want to wear it out. I know these phones are made to withstand years of use, and I'm probably being overly cautious, but I don't plan on replacing this phone for quite some time.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by jerry430 View Post
    The same holds true for the fingerprint sensor; I don't want to wear it out.
    FP doesn't have moving parts to wear out.
    that's like worrying about wearing out the digitizer (touchscreen sensor).

They break but it's not caused by use/wear.

FWIW, the FP reader on my laptop is 15 years old and still works fine.

Device(s)
    LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Why not use the One Button Nav feature with the G6? A one second press of the fingerprint sensor can turn the screen on or off. You can also navigate using the sensor. Great feature on the front fingerprint sensor Moto models.
    That Moto front fingerprint scanner / navigation pad is genius!

I love the front fingerprint scanner / navigation pad on my Moto E4, and I'll really miss that feature when the time comes to move to a different phone if it doesn't have it!

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    I love the front fingerprint scanner / navigation pad on my Moto E4, and I'll really miss that feature when the time comes to move to a different phone if it doesn't have it!
    E4, G5, G6 have the front fingerprint sensor Nav pad w/lock screen control. G7 has a Nav bar on the bottom front of the screen. It's rear fingerprint sensor may have on/off lock screen control...not sure. Point is, the front fingerprint sensor Nav pad w/lock screen control does all this in one place. I was pleased to get rid of the traditional home/recent/back buttons on the screen, and having to use the power button to turn on the screen.