Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Red Pocket Verizon, VoLTE Now working on Galaxy S9 after update!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hyelton View Post
    Yep!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I just updated to July 1 2019 software. My S8+ on RP no longer needs the sim swap work-a-round.

Feedback Score
    I have a small issue on my Samsung S8+ that I've not been able to correct on the July update. I can't for the life of me send MMS's. I am able to receive them but that's just half the battle. I am given a crap load of APN"s to choose from at first, but when I create a new APN (Verizon VZWINTERNET + recommended settings in the field) I'm left with it, an a LTE-Verizon Internet APN that's greyed out. Nothing else.

Does anyone have working settings that I can try, or is this a line provisioning issue? (CDMA_less) VoLTE and SMS are working well. I have yet to message RP on this.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS, Galaxy S9, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS, T-Mobile, RedPocket Verizon, Tello
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rustybronco View Post
    I have a small issue on my Samsung S8+ that I've not been able to correct on the July update. I can't for the life of me send MMS's. I am able to receive them but that's just half the battle. I am given a crap load of APN"s to choose from at first, but when I create a new APN (Verizon VZWINTERNET + recommended settings in the field) I'm left with it, an a LTE-Verizon Internet APN that's greyed out. Nothing else.

Does anyone have working settings that I can try, or is this a line provisioning issue? (CDMA_less) VoLTE and SMS are working well. I have yet to message RP on this.
    I’ve never had outgoing SMS even before the update on my S9 on redpocket Verizon

Current Phone: AT&T XS Silver 256GB. T-Mobile / MetroPCS
    Android device : Galaxy S9 RedPocket Verizon

I am no longer a U.S.Cellular User.
    Speedtest in Knox.TN EvDo Rev.A

My Photography www.hunterspad.com

Feedback Score
    I’ve never had outgoing SMS even before the update on my S9 on redpocket Verizon

I had everything but VoLTE when using the sim swap. Now I have VoLTE but lost the ability to send picture messages.
    Last edited by rustybronco; 07-27-2019 at 02:36 PM.

Device(s)
    Pixel3XL, Pixel3, s9+, Axon 10P, Titan, Atom, MoFi, etc
    Carrier(s)
    VZW, Google Fi, Xfinity Mobile, TMO, RP/vzw/att/tmo, Tello, Tru, eKit
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dmarkson View Post
    Just tried RP VZW in my S965U1 (s9+ with unlocked firmware) and it does work with the June update! Still shows it as XAA so it's LTE only, no CDMA. So it's a preview of what things will be like in a few months.

Will be interesting to see if the June update of the s8 does the same.
    As others said, it does. Xfinity Mobile X8+ updated to July. The ERI has an issue as it displays "Roaming Indicator" for the carrier. Had that happen on my Nexus 6 on U.S. Cellular a few years ago, had to manually patch it.
    --
    CellGuru

Feedback Score
    Update...

MMS works with the stock Verizon messaging app but not the Samsung?? messages app.

Looks like I'm not the only one. https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/...ms/td-p/751149
    Last edited by rustybronco; 07-28-2019 at 09:13 PM.

Feedback Score
    I’m with red pocket as it’s the cheapest way to keep a famous phone number..... $99 a year. Can’t really beat that. As it can’t be ported to any voip line. I’ve tried them all including google voice, it’s not portable anywhere. Only cellular providers will take it. I’m not paying more than I need to for a line to sit, take calls and voicemails etc and redpocket is about as cheap as it gets.

I personally use T-Mobile /Metro for my other lines. Redpocket would drive me up the wall as my main cellular provider.

Another note it was broken for several other MVNOs of Verizon wasn’t just redpocket. And yeah it’s definitely a weird sim provision issue. As new sims had the option but once activated it would disappear. Also keep in mind it wasn’t broken before the Android Pie update though. Even with the weird sim provisioning it works fine on older firmware versions prior to android pie.

I agreed with hyelton. My wife and I both have our S9+ on Total Wireless and the VoLTE option was not available until I updated mine with the latest firmware. I now have the VoLTE option. My wife was not updated and she still doesnt have the VoLTE option on hers. We're both on android pie. Also my "Verizon" is now replace with "Roaming Indicator Off". Can't seem to change it back to "Verizon".

Feedback Score
    I used to have an S9 unlocked a few months back on TotalWireless and I had VoLTE with that firmware. I didn't have any "Verizon" indicator.
    Now I have switched to an S10, so I don't know.

PS: My wife had a Verizon version of S7 Edge and that had VoLTE too and the LTE indicator was looking different, saying "4G LTE".

Feedback Score
    We have the Verizon S9+ on Total Wireless but when we update it to Pie, the VoLTE option disappear. Mine is good now since I update it to the latest firmware. I didn't update my wife's phone yet so there is no VoLTE option on hers. I never really have any issue with the service and even though it say "Roaming Indicator Off", it still work as usual. I'm not sure what the "sim swap' work around is for and I never had to use it.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dbear4nwa View Post
    I agreed with hyelton. My wife and I both have our S9+ on Total Wireless and the VoLTE option was not available until I updated mine with the latest firmware. I now have the VoLTE option. My wife was not updated and she still doesnt have the VoLTE option on hers. We're both on android pie. Also my "Verizon" is now replace with "Roaming Indicator Off". Can't seem to change it back to "Verizon".
    It’s a ERI issue with the carrier label most likely. Happens on my S10e now after an update

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dbear4nwa View Post
    We're both on android pie. Also my "Verizon" is now replace with "Roaming Indicator Off". Can't seem to change it back to "Verizon".
    As of today, my phone now displays Verizon instead of roaming indicator off.

Feedback Score
    As of today, my phone now displays Verizon instead of roaming indicator off.
    I found the reason my phone showed Verizon instead of RIO, the phone some how got un registered from the network. A reboot and I was able to make phone calls with the resultant roaming indicator off coming back.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I found the reason my phone showed Verizon instead of RIO, the phone some how got un registered from the network. A reboot and I was able to make phone calls with the resultant roaming indicator off coming back.
    Mine always switches between the two. But they both do work.

Odd thing about roaming.

It’s not supposed to have roaming, phone calls won’t work. But data works while roaming on uscellular.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    P+
    Feedback Score
    I'm going port over the spectrum to Total Wireless for 2 lines.

I have S9 and S9 plus unlocked SM-G965U1 do I going have the problem (displays Verizon instead of roaming indicator off)?

And do I get Wifi calling & VoLTE option?. Please let me know

Thank you

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yoyo711 View Post
    I'm going port over the spectrum to Total Wireless for 2 lines.

I have S9 and S9 plus unlocked SM-G965U1 do I going have the problem (displays Verizon instead of roaming indicator off)?

And do I get Wifi calling & VoLTE option?. Please let me know

Thank you
    I am also on the S9+ and you do have VoLTE. I haven't done any wifi calling so not sure.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast