Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 5G Hotspot Launched

Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad, Netgear Nighthawk mobile hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I'll get properly excited about Verizon 5G when they begin deploying it on sub-6 GHz bands and/or on a dense-enough small cell grid that indoor reception works in most of any given major city.

Feedback Score
    The crazy high price is probably a test marketing thing, they want to learn how much money folks will or will not spend. It will most likely be quite a few years before 5g ever shows up in my area.

Device(s)
    s6 note 4 and 5s
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cycledude View Post
    The crazy high price is probably a test marketing thing, they want to learn how much money folks will or will not spend. It will most likely be quite a few years before 5g ever shows up in my area.
    I m in one of Verizon’s dense market

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    Before, VZW would usually have a technology-specific plan pretty early into the rollout, then make plans technology neutral. Here's hoping they make this technology-neutral, i.e. put in 5G enough places that need the capacity, then make the regular unlimited plan (as opposed to 5G-specific) have 50GB of hotspot then 3mbps.

I do realize this could be unlikely, 600kbps is (I think) pretty specifically picked to make the hotspot fast enough to be OK, but not really fast enough to do any significant streaming .

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hwertz View Post
    I do realize this could be unlikely, 600kbps is (I think) pretty specifically picked to make the hotspot fast enough to be OK, but not really fast enough to do any significant streaming .
    The hotspot terms state 4G streaming is 720p and 5G is 4K. This should remain the same regard if you reach your 15GB/50 GB limit. I'm on Go which has a 600 kbps max hotspot. Yet my video streaming is still 480p at 1.9 Mbps

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Starting to think they all suck
    Feedback Score
    What are you talking about? That was the first thing they touted with 5G.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    But 50 GB is kind of lame. If one was going to use Verizon 5G for home internet you'd better waiting until they actually offer home internet
    Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by baaadandy View Post
    What are you talking about? That was the first thing they touted with 5G.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using HoFo mobile app
    What are YOU talking about. The hotspot plan and the home internet service are NOT the same thing. The home interet is only available in 4 cities and requires an antenna mounted on the house

Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    no way would i pay 650.00 for that when i can use my s10 5g for a mobile hotspot!!! make me wonder how well it will work inside big rigs and rv's since 5G uses millimeter waves wich don't travel as far and have a hard time going through walls and stuff!!! i take my s10 5g in the house and it drops down to 4g lte

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cali_stud View Post
    no way would i pay 650.00 for that when i can use my s10 5g for a mobile hotspot!!! make me wonder how well it will work inside big rigs and rv's since 5G uses millimeter waves wich don't travel as far and have a hard time going through walls and stuff!!! i take my s10 5g in the house and it drops down to 4g lte
    In areas where 5G is deployed aren't in areas where big rigs would be anyway. it'll be along time before you get 5G over the interstate and truck stops. By then Verizon will have 5G over sub 6 GHz

Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    i would not sign up for it since it uses the qualcomm X50 5G modem by the end of the year the qualcomm x55 modem will be out. once carriers start building out in rual areas there gonna start over laying 4g and 5g spectrum and the x50 will not support that. so this thing will be useless in a year LOL unless you live in a metro area as the x50 won't be able to connect to all of the new coverage areas verizon launches!!!

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    i would not sign up for it since it uses the qualcomm X50 5G modem by the end of the year the qualcomm x55 modem will be out. once carriers start building out in rual areas there gonna start over laying 4g and 5g spectrum and the x50 will not support that. so this thing will be useless in a year LOL unless you live in a metro area as the x50 won't be able to connect to all of the new coverage areas verizon launches!!!
    That's why I didn't buy the 5G version of the S10. I'm waiting for these flagships to support low/mid band 5G NR.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    i got my s10 5g cheaper than the plain ole s10 that's why i opted for it. i know that verizons pushing there 5G!!! even when i don't get 5G service it's still an amazing phone. apps take longer to install vs download even in 4g mode. i know my phone will be a paper weight once verizion starts building out in rual areas. how long is that gonna be??? i think it will be like 3- years before that happens!!! it took em 10 years to roll out 4G completely and 5G is a bigger build out that 4G. hell by the time they roll out 5G fully they will be screaming for 6G

Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    i looked at it again today in the store and noticed that there's no port for antenna.

Feedback Score
    i looked at it again today in the store and noticed that there's no port for antenna.
    it does not have an antenna port - https://www.verizonwireless.com/inte...085#faqHeading see the FAQ's

Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    that's what i said i think it's crazy it don't have an antenna port on it. more so with verizon using millimeter waves wich have a hard time going through walls and stuff

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast