Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: 5G Hotspot Launched

Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad, Netgear Nighthawk mobile hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Verizon could make 5G hotspot “unlimited” in which mmWave is completely restriction-free but sub-6 GHz is deprioritized after so many GB.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan76 View Post
    You should try using your brain once in a while.
    You're really begging people to dig up your post history and BOTH your accounts.

also https://blogs.psychcentral.com/psych...ic-projection/

So you were saying two tiers You seem really convinced I'm GSMinCT lol.
    Last post ever by GSMinCT
    06-28-2018, 10:04 PM
    Thread: AT&T 4G HSPA+/LTE Speedtests!
    by GSMinCT

SoxFan76 ( also from CT )

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VVivian View Post
    Verizon could make 5G hotspot “unlimited” in which mmWave is completely restriction-free but sub-6 GHz is deprioritized after so many GB.
    COULD they, sure. Will CS reps start having really bad days from all the complaint calls? Not that Verizon cares too much about their CS reps anyway. As if people who think 5G is 5G are actually going to differentiate between the 2? It's one thing to say 5G data is this and 4G data is that. People will get that. I'm sure Verizon want people to embrace 5G as quickly as possible. High phone costs are already one deterrent. Confusing plans were some 5G is unlimited and other 5G is not, would be another.

Also 5G mmwve is going to cover so little area as to make it's offer of truly unlimited nearly data pointless. At least as far as phones go. How much of Chicago( one of their first 5G cities ) is actually covered with 5G mmwave? The vast majority of people will be experiencing 5G over sub 6 GHz the vast majority of the time. So when carriers say one of the reasons 5G is worth it is that it can offer truly untimed data with no restrictions and then it turns out that's only true for small number of people a small amount of time, that's not a good look.

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VVivian View Post
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post

You're really begging people to dig up your post history and BOTH your accounts.

also https://blogs.psychcentral.com/psych...ic-projection/
    Go for it if you find it fun.

Last post ever by GSMinCT
    06-28-2018, 10:04 PM
    Thread: AT&T 4G HSPA+/LTE Speedtests!
    by GSMinCT

SoxFan76 ( also from CT )
    You're fixated on that. I can tell you 100% that's pure coincidence.

COULD they, sure. Will CS reps start having really bad days from all the complaint calls?
    It's Verizon. Have you been living under a rock for the last 20 years?

Also 5G mmwve is going to cover so little area as to make it's offer of truly unlimited nearly data pointless. At least as far as phones go. How much of Chicago( one of their first 5G cities ) is actually covered with 5G mmwave? The vast majority of people will be experiencing 5G over sub 6 GHz the vast majority of the time. So when carriers say one of the reasons 5G is worth it is that it can offer truly untimed data with no restrictions and then it turns out that's only true for small number of people a small amount of time, that's not a good look.
    It will cover most of the urban cores. They have hundreds of small sites in every city. Most just aren't upgraded to mmWave yet. Someday, there may be CBRS as well.

Feedback Score
    Exactly.
    Yeah that totally will not confuse customers or make them angry when they thought their 5G was unlimited without restrictions then being told that it's not. Totally going to have 100% acceptance and not one customer leave.

Go for it if you find it fun.
    Going to suck when someone finds identical posts made by supposedly 2 different people.

You're fixated on that. I can tell you 100% that's pure coincidence.
    And if I tell you every time I eat Lucky Charms I fart rainbows, that doesn't mean it's true.

It will cover most of the urban cores. They have hundreds of small sites in every city. Most just aren't upgraded to mmWave yet. Someday, there may be CBRS as well.
    but you stated CBRS won't be unlimited like mmwave. Also Verizon typically brags about it RURAL coverage as to why it's superior. Not going to be much to brag about once t-mobile can deploy 5G in these areas via b71 and b41 and have truly unlimited data plans.

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Samsung Galaxy Watch (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    5G is isn't likely to be any faster or have any better performance at lower bands than 4G LTE, and mmwave isn't much good outside of some urban areas, 5G sure sounds like a dud for a lot of the US. Oh well, maybe 6G will be the "savior" the wireless companies keep hoping for.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ilvla2 View Post
    5G is isn't likely to be any faster or have any better performance at lower bands than 4G LTE, and mmwave isn't much good outside of some urban areas, 5G sure sounds like a dud for a lot of the US. Oh well, maybe 6G will be the "savior" the wireless companies keep hoping for.
    On the sub 1 GHz bands maybe 10-15% boost. On the mid bands 25%-30%, which is something. Even in my small town under 4K which is the county seat wouldn't cost Verizon anything to put 3 or 4 small cells in the busiest parts of town for 5G in mmwave. What $1000-1200 a year for 4 small cells? Considering they want to charge $10 extra for 5G that's 8-10 customers in a year pay for those small cells?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    On the sub 1 GHz bands maybe 10-15% boost. On the mid bands 25%-30%, which is something. Even in my small town under 4K which is the county seat wouldn't cost Verizon anything to put 3 or 4 small cells in the busiest parts of town for 5G in mmwave. What $1000-1200 a year for 4 small cells? Considering they want to charge $10 extra for 5G that's 8-10 customers in a year pay for those small cells?
    That's probably estimated or lab, real world will probably be a lot less. I was excited for 3G, and 4G, but 5G has me yawning lol

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    Yeah that totally will not confuse customers or make them angry when they thought their 5G was unlimited without restrictions then being told that it's not. Totally going to have 100% acceptance and not one customer leave.
    Apparently you've been living under a rock for the past few years. Verizon has FOUR different "Unlimited" plans now.

Going to suck when someone finds identical posts made by supposedly 2 different people.
    There are no identical posts, so good luck lol.

And if I tell you every time I eat Lucky Charms I fart rainbows, that doesn't mean it's true.

but you stated CBRS won't be unlimited like mmwave. Also Verizon typically brags about it RURAL coverage as to why it's superior. Not going to be much to brag about once t-mobile can deploy 5G in these areas via b71 and b41 and have truly unlimited data plans.
    If n41 works in rural areas, n48 should as well, at least for fixed wireless in both cases. There are still plenty of areas that have little to no B5/12/13/14 LTE.

Quote Originally Posted by ilvla2 View Post
    5G will be pretty good on the mid-band spectrum, on Sprint (possibly T-Mobile if that goes through), and as CBRS and other bands are deployed. It's all just a capacity play though for people using more data, the experience for a single user doesn't get much better above a stable, consistent few mbps.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, definitely in urban, suburban and even flat rural areas, I doubt 3.5 to 6 Ghz would work well in our area, though, just too many hills, mountains, canyons and trees. AT&T doesn't even deploy Band 30 here except in and very near cities, like Ukiah, Windsor or Santa Rosa. I guess we'll see.

Feedback Score
    Apparently you've been living under a rock for the past few years. Verizon has FOUR different "Unlimited" plans now.
    and? I'm well aware of what Verizon plans are as I am actually a customer and have been since 2006.

There are no identical posts, so good luck lol.
    I'm curious as to how you know this if you're not this other person?

If n41 works in rural areas, n48 should as well, at least for fixed wireless in both cases. There are still plenty of areas that have little to no B5/12/13/14 LTE.
    12/14 t-mobile and at&t. Every Verizon tower has band 13. Band 5 is the same frequency 1xrtt which every tower that has CDMA has.

A far as b41 vs b48. the difference is T-mobile/Sprint will have access to over 100 MHz of b 41. Verizon will have to share b48 with other carrier including T-Mobile as well as any other potential users. Only 70 MHz will be auctioned the other 80 MHz will be shared.

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    and? I'm well aware of what Verizon plans are as I am actually a customer and have been since 2006.
    Then you're just trolling.

I'm curious as to how you know this if you're not this other person?
    Maybe I looked at his posts and mine. Or maybe we're the same person. Or maybe we know each other. Take your pick.

12/14 t-mobile and at&t. Every Verizon tower has band 13. Band 5 is the same frequency 1xrtt which every tower that has CDMA has.
    And? There are still plenty of areas with little to no service on any carrier.

Feedback Score
    Then you're just trolling.
    How am I trolling? What in anything I said was trolling? And you are hardly one to call ANYONE a troll.

Maybe I looked at his posts and mine.
    All of them? If it's not you how do you know it's a HE? Keep stepping in it GSMinCT

And? There are still plenty of areas with little to no service on any carrier.
    has nothing to do with anything. Try staying on topic. No wonder everyone ignores you. Maybe I should heed their advice. maybe you'd go away

Device(s)
    Note9
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Google Fi, Mint
    Feedback Score
    How am I trolling? What in anything I said was trolling? And you are hardly one to call ANYONE a troll.
    Because you talk out of one side of your mouth one second, and the other the next second.

[quote]All of them? If it's not you how do you know it's a HE? Keep stepping in it GSMinCT

Maybe I just have implicit bias.

has nothing to do with anything. Try staying on topic. No wonder everyone ignores you. Maybe I should heed their advice. maybe you'd go away
    Which is exactly why I was pointing out that part of your post to be useless and irrelevant.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5