Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Cricket needs to step their game up

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    425
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

    Cricket needs to step their game up

    With the speed issues over the last month and now Total Wireless offering 4 lines with 100GB shared (2G after) for $95 with autopay, Cricket is looking sad and I'm considering leaving for the first time in almost 5 years. They need to increase the speed cap on unlimited to 5 or 8Mbps or do something with the other data capped plans.

    https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...o-Shared-Plans

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,815
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

    Cricket Needs To Step Up Their Game

    Quote Originally Posted by energyx View Post
    With the speed issues over the last month and now Total Wireless offering 4 lines with 100GB shared (2G after) for $95 with autopay, Cricket is looking sad and I'm considering leaving for the first time in almost 5 years. They need to increase the speed cap on unlimited to 5 or 8Mbps or do something with the other data capped plans.

    https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...o-Shared-Plans
    Hah. I came to post that very thing and found that you already had. I suspect that it is just a matter of time for Cricket to do just that.

    Or, will they do better? Perhaps 120 GB shared. It wouldn't shock me.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,620
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    They definitely need to increase the data amount on the 5gb plan since both Verizon and At&t Prepaid more then triple it for $5.00 more.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,938
    Device(s)
    Motorola MOTO X4, Iphone 6S On VZW (Wife's)
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    It really does seem like AT&T has kind of forgotten about Cricket and they've just let it languish over the past couple of years. As Fish65 pointed out, Verizon & AT&T prepaid are now much better deals for most people. When AT&T first acquired Cricket they were arguably the best deal to be had & there was a lot of enthusiasm in their promotions. Now it almost seems like they're just going to ride it out with no changes. I left Cricket for AT&T wireless a couple of years ago and haven't looked back.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,156
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Dust N Bones View Post
    It really does seem like AT&T has kind of forgotten about Cricket and they've just let it languish over the past couple of years. As Fish65 pointed out, Verizon & AT&T prepaid are now much better deals for most people. When AT&T first acquired Cricket they were arguably the best deal to be had & there was a lot of enthusiasm in their promotions. Now it almost seems like they're just going to ride it out with no changes. I left Cricket for AT&T wireless a couple of years ago and haven't looked back.
    Plus to add to that AT&T prepaid added WiFi calling and VoLTE recently which cricket had for a long time before prepaid got it. So all the more reason why some are shifting over. I for one am glad I got the WiFi calling and HD Voice at least I don’t have to be on postpaid to get it and have a cheaper bill!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Huntington beach
    Posts
    98
    Device(s)
    iPhone 8 +
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I might consider a TW move if I didn't travel to Canada occasionally and Mexico often.

    I have no speed issues myself, but of course I'd like a speed bump. I bet it will arrive eventually. Meanwhile, I'm happy.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,197
    Device(s)
    iPhone 7+ 128 GB Jet Black
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    AT&T has been on a trend of investing millions into a brand to just abandon it later. They’re doing this with DIRECTV NOW as well. They need to find a way to increase revenue because they’re receiving some heat from investors.

    Shoot, Visible is evolving well. Yeah, there are startup issues but there is with every new company. How is Cricket going to compete with the plan they offer AND not charge an extra $10 for hotspot capabilities.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    476
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I don't see much in terms of upping speed, caps. ATT will only do it if subscribers are leaving. Judging by the past few earning reports, ATT has been gaining on prepaid. 5G service might increase the limit and caps, but will it be comparable to other competitors?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,433
    Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by hchen42 View Post
    I don't see much in terms of upping speed, caps. ATT will only do it if subscribers are leaving. Judging by the past few earning reports, ATT has been gaining on prepaid. 5G service might increase the limit and caps, but will it be comparable to other competitors?
    I left Cricket for the 16gb ATT prepaid promo and it only cost me $3 per line extra. Savings come with the free hotspot on all five lines. Yes, Cricket has basically given up.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,620
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I'm gonna use up the last 3 months I have on my Cricket account and then slide over to At&t Prepaid. Kinda getting sick of looking for phones that hotspot on the Cricket 5gb plan anyway.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,071
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Does at&t prepaid have family plans ? How much for 5 lines on unlimited?

    Sent from my SM-N960U using HoFo mobile app

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    735
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Cell_Phone33 View Post
    Does at&t prepaid have family plans ? How much for 5 lines on unlimited?
    Yes. They have four options, 1GB, 8GB, Unlimited and Unlimited Plus. Looks like it maxes out at five lines and requires Autopay to get maximum discount. Looks like you can mix and match (unlike Cricket) and still qualify for discounts.

    https://www.att.com/att/prepaid-multiline-discount/


    So the big question for me is if AT&T Prepaid is all in like Cricket, or if they charge taxes and fees on top of the base price.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,156
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by mbellot View Post
    Yes. They have four options, 1GB, 8GB, Unlimited and Unlimited Plus. Looks like it maxes out at five lines and requires Autopay to get maximum discount. Looks like you can mix and match (unlike Cricket) and still qualify for discounts.

    https://www.att.com/att/prepaid-multiline-discount/


    So the big question for me is if AT&T Prepaid is all in like Cricket, or if they charge taxes and fees on top of the base price.
    They do charge taxes and fees on top on base price. However a way around it is refill cards from target and other places. Plus you also get a discount with a red card too which makes it a little more cheaper

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    425
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by freakonomics101 View Post
    AT&T has been on a trend of investing millions into a brand to just abandon it later. They’re doing this with DIRECTV NOW as well. They need to find a way to increase revenue because they’re receiving some heat from investors.

    Shoot, Visible is evolving well. Yeah, there are startup issues but there is with every new company. How is Cricket going to compete with the plan they offer AND not charge an extra $10 for hotspot capabilities.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    If evolving well means zero customer service... I started a port form GV last week and asked via the app for an update. Crickets. Google released it immediately and it's stuck at approved on their end.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sunshine State
    Posts
    1,304
    Device(s)
    iPhone XR 128 GB white ( sim free)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless $35/5GB
    Feedback Score
    0
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by energyx View Post
    With the speed issues over the last month and now Total Wireless offering 4 lines with 100GB shared (2G after) for $95 with autopay, Cricket is looking sad and I'm considering leaving for the first time in almost 5 years. They need to increase the speed cap on unlimited to 5 or 8Mbps or do something with the other data capped plans.

    https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...o-Shared-Plans
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishx65 View Post
    They definitely need to increase the data amount on the 5gb plan since both Verizon and At&t Prepaid more then triple it for $5.00 more.
    Agreed completely

    Quote Originally Posted by Dust N Bones View Post
    It really does seem like AT&T has kind of forgotten about Cricket and they've just let it languish over the past couple of years. As Fish65 pointed out, Verizon & AT&T prepaid are now much better deals for most people. When AT&T first acquired Cricket they were arguably the best deal to be had & there was a lot of enthusiasm in their promotions. Now it almost seems like they're just going to ride it out with no changes. I left Cricket for AT&T wireless a couple of years ago and haven't looked back.
    True no arguing that but the new Att prepaid chief is the same ceo who oversees Cricket, so sooner or later changes will come.

    Quote Originally Posted by freakonomics101 View Post
    AT&T has been on a trend of investing millions into a brand to just abandon it later. They’re doing this with DIRECTV NOW as well. They need to find a way to increase revenue because they’re receiving some heat from investors.

    Shoot, Visible is evolving well. Yeah, there are startup issues but there is with every new company. How is Cricket going to compete with the plan they offer AND not charge an extra $10 for hotspot capabilities.

    Great point and that what everybody is waiting next Cricket move definitely gotta be more competitive.

    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    I left Cricket for the 16gb ATT prepaid promo and it only cost me $3 per line extra. Savings come with the free hotspot on all five lines. Yes, Cricket has basically given up.
    Cricket and AT&T is waiting what to do next, T-Mobile-Sprint merger is reality now also the 4th Dish carrier !
    Dish will be monster cause it has as many or more spectrums than Verizon!
    What will be their wireless plans to offer to public or got bought by other large company shall be seen. T-Mobile takes the deal but also creating the 4th carrier that will be more competitive than Verizon or AT&T
    The plot gets thicker !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Sprint needs to step up marketing
    By wiseguy321 in forum Sprint
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-24-2015, 05:09 PM
  2. Unlimited data starting @ $25? PP needs to step up...
    By aargh in forum Page Plus Cellular
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-25-2010, 09:30 PM
  3. Nokia need to step there game up...
    By map1978 in forum Symbian/S60
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 09-16-2008, 03:02 AM
  4. FS: again, these things need to be gone! (game accessories, brand new)
    By ymlccc in forum Other Buy/Sell/Trade Archive
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-15-2002, 03:58 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks