Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cricket needs to step their game up

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Cricket needs to step their game up

With the speed issues over the last month and now Total Wireless offering 4 lines with 100GB shared (2G after) for $95 with autopay, Cricket is looking sad and I'm considering leaving for the first time in almost 5 years. They need to increase the speed cap on unlimited to 5 or 8Mbps or do something with the other data capped plans.

https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...o-Shared-Plans

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Cricket Needs To Step Up Their Game

Quote Originally Posted by energyx View Post
    With the speed issues over the last month and now Total Wireless offering 4 lines with 100GB shared (2G after) for $95 with autopay, Cricket is looking sad and I'm considering leaving for the first time in almost 5 years. They need to increase the speed cap on unlimited to 5 or 8Mbps or do something with the other data capped plans.

Hah. I came to post that very thing and found that you already had. I suspect that it is just a matter of time for Cricket to do just that.

Or, will they do better? Perhaps 120 GB shared. It wouldn't shock me.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    They definitely need to increase the data amount on the 5gb plan since both Verizon and At&t Prepaid more then triple it for $5.00 more.

Device(s)
    Motorola MOTO X4, Iphone 6S On VZW (Wife's)
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhone, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    It really does seem like AT&T has kind of forgotten about Cricket and they've just let it languish over the past couple of years. As Fish65 pointed out, Verizon & AT&T prepaid are now much better deals for most people. When AT&T first acquired Cricket they were arguably the best deal to be had & there was a lot of enthusiasm in their promotions. Now it almost seems like they're just going to ride it out with no changes. I left Cricket for AT&T wireless a couple of years ago and haven't looked back.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Dust N Bones View Post
    It really does seem like AT&T has kind of forgotten about Cricket and they've just let it languish over the past couple of years. As Fish65 pointed out, Verizon & AT&T prepaid are now much better deals for most people. When AT&T first acquired Cricket they were arguably the best deal to be had & there was a lot of enthusiasm in their promotions. Now it almost seems like they're just going to ride it out with no changes. I left Cricket for AT&T wireless a couple of years ago and haven't looked back.
    Plus to add to that AT&T prepaid added WiFi calling and VoLTE recently which cricket had for a long time before prepaid got it. So all the more reason why some are shifting over. I for one am glad I got the WiFi calling and HD Voice at least I don’t have to be on postpaid to get it and have a cheaper bill!

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 +
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I might consider a TW move if I didn't travel to Canada occasionally and Mexico often.

I have no speed issues myself, but of course I'd like a speed bump. I bet it will arrive eventually. Meanwhile, I'm happy.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+ 128 GB Jet Black
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    AT&T has been on a trend of investing millions into a brand to just abandon it later. They’re doing this with DIRECTV NOW as well. They need to find a way to increase revenue because they’re receiving some heat from investors.

Shoot, Visible is evolving well. Yeah, there are startup issues but there is with every new company. How is Cricket going to compete with the plan they offer AND not charge an extra $10 for hotspot capabilities.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I don't see much in terms of upping speed, caps. ATT will only do it if subscribers are leaving. Judging by the past few earning reports, ATT has been gaining on prepaid. 5G service might increase the limit and caps, but will it be comparable to other competitors?

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by hchen42 View Post
    I don't see much in terms of upping speed, caps. ATT will only do it if subscribers are leaving. Judging by the past few earning reports, ATT has been gaining on prepaid. 5G service might increase the limit and caps, but will it be comparable to other competitors?
    I left Cricket for the 16gb ATT prepaid promo and it only cost me $3 per line extra. Savings come with the free hotspot on all five lines. Yes, Cricket has basically given up.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I'm gonna use up the last 3 months I have on my Cricket account and then slide over to At&t Prepaid. Kinda getting sick of looking for phones that hotspot on the Cricket 5gb plan anyway.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Does at&t prepaid have family plans ? How much for 5 lines on unlimited?

Sent from my SM-N960U using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by Cell_Phone33 View Post
    Does at&t prepaid have family plans ? How much for 5 lines on unlimited?
    Yes. They have four options, 1GB, 8GB, Unlimited and Unlimited Plus. Looks like it maxes out at five lines and requires Autopay to get maximum discount. Looks like you can mix and match (unlike Cricket) and still qualify for discounts.

https://www.att.com/att/prepaid-multiline-discount/

So the big question for me is if AT&T Prepaid is all in like Cricket, or if they charge taxes and fees on top of the base price.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by mbellot View Post
    Yes. They have four options, 1GB, 8GB, Unlimited and Unlimited Plus. Looks like it maxes out at five lines and requires Autopay to get maximum discount. Looks like you can mix and match (unlike Cricket) and still qualify for discounts.

https://www.att.com/att/prepaid-multiline-discount/

So the big question for me is if AT&T Prepaid is all in like Cricket, or if they charge taxes and fees on top of the base price.
    They do charge taxes and fees on top on base price. However a way around it is refill cards from target and other places. Plus you also get a discount with a red card too which makes it a little more cheaper

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by freakonomics101 View Post
    AT&T has been on a trend of investing millions into a brand to just abandon it later. They’re doing this with DIRECTV NOW as well. They need to find a way to increase revenue because they’re receiving some heat from investors.

Shoot, Visible is evolving well. Yeah, there are startup issues but there is with every new company. How is Cricket going to compete with the plan they offer AND not charge an extra $10 for hotspot capabilities.

If evolving well means zero customer service... I started a port form GV last week and asked via the app for an update. Crickets. Google released it immediately and it's stuck at approved on their end.

Device(s)
    iPhone XR 128 GB white ( sim free)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless $35/5GB
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by energyx View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Fishx65 View Post
    They definitely need to increase the data amount on the 5gb plan since both Verizon and At&t Prepaid more then triple it for $5.00 more.
    Agreed completely

Quote Originally Posted by Dust N Bones View Post
    True no arguing that but the new Att prepaid chief is the same ceo who oversees Cricket, so sooner or later changes will come.

Quote Originally Posted by freakonomics101 View Post

Great point and that what everybody is waiting next Cricket move definitely gotta be more competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    I left Cricket for the 16gb ATT prepaid promo and it only cost me $3 per line extra. Savings come with the free hotspot on all five lines. Yes, Cricket has basically given up.
    Cricket and AT&T is waiting what to do next, T-Mobile-Sprint merger is reality now also the 4th Dish carrier !
    Dish will be monster cause it has as many or more spectrums than Verizon!
    What will be their wireless plans to offer to public or got bought by other large company shall be seen. T-Mobile takes the deal but also creating the 4th carrier that will be more competitive than Verizon or AT&T
    The plot gets thicker !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast